• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like I (And many more) said! :D

"In this deep character driven strategy game, you play as the head of an illustrious Samurai family. The year is 1467 and civil war has broken out. The authority of the Ashikaga Shoguns has collapsed and it is every man for himself in the provinces. Honor and duty vie with survival in the delicate dance of power, conquest and betrayal as you attempt to unite the land of the Rising Sun through a combination of deal-making with foreign powers, sending your powerful samurai armies into battle against your enemies, and unleashing shadowy Ninja clans under the cover of darkness to assassinate your rivals!"

Oh God, that means I can take control of the Oda family?
Yes!, I always wanted to do something like this when I was a child!
This is a dream come true, a CK based in Japan where I can take the Oda dinasty and conquer Japan!

Wow, is it just me or does that look a bit like a total war map ? :O

you accusing paradox of ripping off shogun total war 2?! >=O

Evil_Monkey_301.0.gif

Wow, is it just me or does that look a bit like a total war map ? :O

That was my first reaction as well. Still bleh, despite the map looking great.

CK Japan!

I'd have preferred an Alexander game personally, but if this means you guys might make a Three Kingdoms game in the future, count me in! :D

That was my first reaction as well. Still bleh, despite the map looking great.

Yup, think I'll stick to waiting for CK2 to come out.

So it will be CK set in feudal Japan - nice, although I would prefer game encompassing larger area/period. Do I see some kind of rivalry with Creative Assembly, given that Shogun 2 is their current game? ;)

I am disappointed :(

Never liked Japan.

Looks interesting, was hoping for a Dark Ages game, but I'm interested in seeing what paradox can do when they take their patented complexity and detail and apply it to a setting much smaller and narrower than their other games. Good luck! :D

oh well... and here my idea to do a sengoku mod for ck2 becomes irrelevant... Q.Q Still i got a better name in my mind ;) and please don't make mountains easily passable, you can't just march an army through high mountains... and takeda needs some red, and a bit of overpowering (just to make me happy) ;) i hope character system is included?

(so many people will get disappointed) :)

This sounds nice but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed on EU3's behalf. If You did want to research the period and region why not implement something similar to reality in DW as well (instead of the present timewarp in Japan)?
This game would likely far surpass it in detail anyway and would sell just as well.

That said, the trailer looks great :) I like how both new Clauswitz games in development seems to be more character based. It works really well in Rome and seems to fit the clauswitz engine well. I'll follow this with great interest (let's hope there are some developer diaries comming up soon ;))

CK Japan!

I'd have preferred an Alexander game personally, but if this means you guys might make a Three Kingdoms game in the future, count me in! :D

The bolded words are gold.

One can't exactly make much innovation with the exact same region:D

Oh well, I was hoping for something more interesting for a setting, but I think this will be a cool game too. Though some more specifics would be nice; is this a CK-style character-driven game?