• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel.
There will be swords.
There will be no Sweden in this game.
The sun will shine.
Conquering the world is the goal.
There will be black uniforms.
It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine.

Certainly sounds oriental... :(

Byzantine and Roman Emperors wore purple, mostly because it was awfully expensive color. I don't think common soldiers ever wore anything purple, it would be a waste of money.

That was only a certain kind of purple. The purple made from certain sea clams was the expensive kind, but even before Caesar there was "artifical" purple dye that commoners could buy. However it didn't have the prestige of the rich people dye, because it didn't smell like clams.

It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel.
There will be swords.
There will be no Sweden in this game.
The sun will shine.
Conquering the world is the goal.
There will be black uniforms.
It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine.

According to Herodotus (the Mind Reader), Xerxes has had these thoughts: "...and we shall extend the Persian territory as far as God's heaven reaches. The sun will then shine on no land beyond our borders; for I will pass through Europe from one end to the other, and with your aid make of all the lands which it contains one country."

It still fits both - Ancient Greece and Japan - because neither, Ninjas nor Immortals, wore "black uniforms" for real. (So Johan might have referred to Persian Ninjas from the movie 300 after all.) Japan would be somehow too obvious in light of the given (misleading?) hints.

Last edited:
According to Herodotus (the Mind Reader), Xerxes has had these thoughts: "...and we shall extend the Persian territory as far as God's heaven reaches. The sun will then shine on no land beyond our borders; for I will pass through Europe from one end to the other, and with your aid make of all the lands which it contains one country."

It still fits both - Ancient Greece and Japan - because neither, Ninjas nor Immortals, wore "black uniforms" for real. (So Johan might have referred to Persian Ninjas from movie 300 nevertheless.) Japan would be somehow too obvious in light of the given (misleading?) hints.

The clue about "The sun will shine," pretty much points directly at Japan, being the land of the rising sun. However he could have just been trying to use that as a clue about it not being in space. The thought on the Macedonian symbol being the Vergina Sun is a pipe dream I think. However Alexander was preparing to invade Italy, India, and Scythia when he died which would have made him ruler of Herodotus's "world." So maybe.

Also, "Herodotus (the mind reader)" = hilarious!

Hmmm.
Maybe Sim Ant -like game?

EDIT:
It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel = Yes
There will be swords = Spiders will have sword like arms.
There will be no Sweden in this game = There will be no swedish garden.
The sun will shine = If ants come out their nest, yes.
Conquering the world is the goal = Kill all other ant-tribes and spiders!
There will be black uniforms = Of cource
It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine = Paradox could be.

Last edited:
Why Japan? I don't get it. If it's historical game and Sweden isn't there than it's obvious that the game will be set somewhere in the dark ages or way back. When was Japan even capable of conquering the world? Not before Meji restoration at least. Same goes for China, they never were a major player in history, they had their own problems with dynasties and mongols.

I sincerely hope for Persian Empire or Macedonia. Now those were glorious!

Well, the stupid hyping has you (and me) parked here, doesn't it . . . .

I am relieved that there's no fantasy in it. I could scarcely imagine Johan doing something non-historical, but you never know what people get up to, once they start pushing middle age! :D

Still on the Clausewitz engine, eh? That's interesting. With better multi-threading, I would suppose.

Hmmm.
Maybe Sim Ant -like game?

EDIT:
It will be a completely new game. Not any expansion. Not any sequel = Yes
There will be swords = Spiders will have sword like arms.
There will be no Sweden in this game = There will be no swedish garden.
The sun will shine = If ants come out their nest, yes.
Conquering the world is the goal = Kill all other ant-tribes and spiders!
There will be black uniforms = Of cource
It will be an historical grandstrategygame on the Clausewitz engine = Paradox could be.

Best guess so far. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.