• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh of relief it's not japanocentric*

May be not - actually all japanocetric sengoku-jidai games have this goal :)
Anyway, I feel it like being a game focused on one part of the world in a certain period, be it France, China or Japan.

The map does not have to be limited for an Alexander game... Alternative scenarios about Alexander not dying aged 33, abound...Greek-Apache city-states anyone? :)
Only thing that worries me about the prospect, is the threat of passionate discussions about whether Macedonia was Greek or not, which could probably get many of us banned or warned :(

It is ASOIAF. If you see Westeros as the ''World'' you have to conquer all of Westeros, which is what the lords and kings (and some dragons and monsters) want to do in ASOIAF

Organizational Level Game?

"Conquer the world" = conquer the people's support for your faction :p

Imagine MP games in which you are playing the Military faction of Persia, versus your buddy who's playing some other faction of same country, and then there are others playing in the neighboring and expanding Macedonians.

You know what would be an interesting new idea for the PI family?

A game, in which the player plays an organization/faction/party within a state.

CK is character politics.
All other games have the State as the main actor. Vicky is the only one that comes close to the idea I'm mentioning, and the Republic gameplay of Rome. But in both you are still playing as the disembodied spirit of the realms/states.

If it is an Alexander game it's fine, it will calm EU:Romers hope for an exp. and since it is a new game it'll probably have innovative game mechanics and concepts, something new for Paradox grand strategy games. I hope tomorrow we don't get a hint like "there will be no hoplites". :p

I'm pretty sure this is EU: Alexander by now. Swords, Sun (Macedonia flag), conquer the world. After all another hint we have is that the hypothetical expansion for Rome based on Alexander was 2nd most voted after Divine Wind. Maybe Paradox thought Rome wouldn't work with it that well and decided to give it a new game.

Could be that they are exploring a new Genre this time, such as MMO, since they are already working on Salem and setting up infrastructure for it they might want to make full use of what they get from that. That way it will be interesting even if the period is of limited interest. Could also be a new engine, one that adapts to new operating systems and multi-core computers.

I'm pretty sure this is EU: Alexander by now. Swords, Sun (Macedonia flag), conquer the world. After all another hint we have is that the hypothetical expansion for Rome based on Alexander was 2nd most voted after Divine Wind. Maybe Paradox thought Rome wouldn't work with it that well and decided to give it a new game.

Can't be called EU: Alexander then.

I think this project is intended to be the spiritual successor of Rome: instead of a Rome 2 they've probably shifted base further east to Hellas or Parthia and turned the clock back a few centuries. :D

It all adds up: swords,the sun will shine=somewhere in an arid desert,conquering the known) world,a la Alexander or Xerxes,and,well,no Sweden. Unless there's an option to use seafaring vessels to explore Ultima Thule at tech level 64!

I think it's going to be Risk, guys. Swords? The cavalry piece that represents 5 units has a sword. No Sweden? Of course there's no Sweden, there's only "Scandinavia" as a province, and the only nations are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, and Blue. Conquer the whole world? Check. Sun will shine? Obviously the map is the whole world, meaning the sun never sets on the map.

Definitely.

Finally w hen someone comes up behind me while I'm playing a Paradox game and asks me "Is that Risk?" I will be able to say yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.