Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hint #5

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

* No Sweden
    * Swords
    * Shining Sun
    * World Conquest

Somehow I don't think this will be a historical game.

Emperador de España Sgt. Optimus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3500k club

I can fit Alexander the Great in all of those categories.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cabezaestufa View Post
    China comes to mind. Until recently, they have always pretty much disregarded anything outside China as irrelevant.

But one empire which definitely did NOT conquer pretty much what they thought was the entire know world was Alexander's. They knew full well about the existance of places like Italy, Iberia and the rest of the Mediterranean world. Also, India. Maybe if Alexander had lived longer he'd have turned west, but as it was, he only conquered about half of it (an impressive feat all the same, mind you).
    But, Alexander had every intention of conquering anything and everything he came across. If not for an early death who knows? There might not have been a Rome. I think that an Ancient game is the best idea, I'm already starting to get tons of ideas for expansions

86 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron III Collection
    ImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Learn something every day.
    For god's sake don't learn that It is not true...Iron swords had been used in Greece for at least seven hundred years before Alexander the Great. The Mycenean palaces were supposed to be destroyed by iron yielding Greek-Dorian tribes. In any case, by the time of the first Athenian democracy, about 200 years prior to Alexander, iron swords were the norm in Greece...
    Leader of the late Eutopian Marxist Party.
    Retired Grand Herald of the AGC.

Come over to the DARK SIDE.........we have cookies!

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Optimus View Post
    Same here!
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

How about recreation of Mongol Empire?
    Yugoslavia was the perfect example of how people of different nationalities and religions are able to live together and prosper without capitalism...

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm still hoping for a fantasy or New World game. A New World game to be a spiritual successor of Colonization would be awesome, since the remake was som sadly abandoned and flawed.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Optimus View Post
    They could also very well hint towards a game set during the Sengoku period, with uniting Japan as the main goal. I for one would be super excited to see such a game done by Paradox.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    I still have hope for a pre-Alexander, early civilizations game.

-No Sweden (Self explanatory)
    -Swords (Makes sense)
    -The Sun will shine (Discovery of first philosophy or agricultural techs)
    -World Conquest (Conquest of Mediterranean basin +Mesopotamia +India +China)
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned

WW Big Wins: LXV, LXXI, CXXVII, CXXIX, CXXX, CXXXI, CXXXII
    WW Lite Wins: XCVII (sub win), CXIX, CXXI, CXXVII, CXXXVI, CCVIII, CCXXXVIII

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Kaiser View Post
    But, Alexander had every intention of conquering anything and everything he came across. If not for an early death who knows? There might not have been a Rome. I think that an Ancient game is the best idea, I'm already starting to get tons of ideas for expansions
    I know, world conquest was indeed Alexander's goal. What's more, Johan claimed that world conquest was the objective, but that doesn't necesarilly mean it has historically been completed in whichever setting they have chosen. I was just answering Darkarbiter's claim that Alexander achieved it and also trying to point out that Project Glory being about the Macedonian Empire is not as foregone a conclusion as many people here seem to think There are still plenty of settings which would fit with all hints, after all.
    Last edited by Cabezaestufa; 27-02-2011 at 18:54.
    "There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now." --Kotaku
    "The best Game of Thrones game you will probably ever play." --Rock Paper Shotgun

A Game of Thrones: A Crusader Kings 2 mod.
    A Game of Thrones: An Europa Universalis IV mod.

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Yeah I'm thinking either Alexander or Mongols

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ancient times, clearly. "World conquest" term would not be used for Japan game. Sun was a symbol for many ancient cultures. And there were swords.
    - On the boat since The Release of EU1 -
    - Road to hell is paved with good intentions -

Interested in extremely well thought of realistic hardcore near future SCIFI setting? Check out 2300AD. Mankind has just started to colonize nearby starsystems and encountered the first alien species

55 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Excellent, my Ancient Greece prediction still holds ground....

Japan does indeed seem to be off the table.

An Alexander the Great game looks a good candidate now. But, I think an ancient period game involving Egypt in a starring role is possible as well. The sun was pretty darn important to them and they were certainly interested in conquest, although they weren't as successful as Alexander.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Conquering the world is the goal.
    Now that sounds very risky!

Quote Originally Posted by EUROO7 View Post
    Perhaps a purely colonial game where the nations to play are Spain, England, Portugal, Netherlands and France fighting for control of the new world and trade routes to the east.

There'd be no Sweden, there'd be swords because swords an' stuff, and the sun that rises and never sets on a global empire.
    Except for the fact that Sweden did have colonies in the New World....
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Alexander did intend to conquer India before he was beaten,so I guess that covers almost the entire known world of the time-east of Greece.

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

If the game is going to include Alexander the Great, hopefully it is larger in scope than just covering Alexander. As a couple of people have said, an ancient world game could be quite fun.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by BRK View Post
    Alexander did intend to conquer India before he was beaten,so I guess that covers almost the entire known world of the time-east of Greece.
    Not only India, he was also aiming for Arabia and Carthage.
    He even gave orders of building a massive warfleet to conquer all of north-africa!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

As far as Besuchov is leading the new developing team, and Divine Wind has been his last work, I wonder if Paradox is making profit of the inversion made to bring Far East to EU universe properly... and continue developing a brand new game from it.

So... expecting Asia Universalis (was not somewhat like an expansion or remake of Europa Universalis II called 'Asian chapters'?)
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm guessing an Alexander (era) game too.

Looking at their upcoming games list, Paradox pretty much has all major historical era's covered (even a fantasy and sf game) except the ancient period.

A Japan game would be too soon after Divine Wind, I think. That, and Shogun, of course.

Personally, I would have preferred a remake of Ageods Great Invasions (covering roughly 350-1066) but the "sun will shine" hint seems to contradict that. That, and "no Sweden". Also, too close to CK2, I guess. Too bad.

So Alexander then. Now, I like the Ancients. It 's my favorite historical backdrop. I like Alexander even more. Fascinating man. But, indeed, as others have said, will he make for a interesting game? Conquering the world, all very well. But no real need for deep diplomacy then. Nor deep strategy, aside from securing supply lines and stuff like that. I guess an Alexander game would be more focussed on tactical manoeuvres, formations and troop morale. But that would imply a tactical map mode.

Hm. We'll know soon enough. Looking forward to it.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast