• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What patch are you talking about anyway? As far as I know, people reports on forums the game crashes, most of the time because their graphics card is not up to the specs requirement on the sale page, there isn't really a need for a patch. From my understanding, the upcoming patch fixes some actual bugs in the game which were reported after launch and it is brilliant of the developers to provide one that quickly, but I haven't noticed any bugs which require on patch and had no problems whatsoever with the game so far...

Are you seriously considering not releasing the patch for us so that we can also start enjoying your game? because we have to "get it from where we bought the game"? Seriously?

What are you talking about? I understand the dev team has provided the patch already (whatever that patch is) and if it is not available to you yet, from where you bought the game, it's something you have to figure out with the place you bought the game, isn't it?

what I don't understand is why they make the patch distribution so complicated to begin with. Why add this extra step in the distribution process?
As long as I can remember I got the patches for my games from the publisher/developer not from the place where I bought it.

Understandable exceptions are systems like steam where the game is distributed in a modified form to fit into their drm-system. But apart from steam Cities In Motions is completely drm-free, so it doesn't really make sense that each distributor has to publish its own patch.

We will be in contact with Games Planet and I appreciate your patience in this matter. And again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you. Very well - but my patience will run out tomorrow and I as I said, I will request a charge-back if the issue is not resolved promptly since I paid for a product that I did not receive.

I have a lot of sympathy for the small dev. team that you are and it is obvious that you have put a lot of effort into CIM.

You are, however, making a bad business decision by not realising the patch - you have customers who cannot play the game (while others can) and you are holding back a patch which you have (since you made it).

What are you talking about? I understand the dev team has provided the patch already (whatever that patch is) and if it is not available to you yet, from where you bought the game, it's something you have to figure out with the place you bought the game, isn't it?

The dev. team has the patch and can release it. All paradox games have the latest patches available on the tech subsection, regardless of distributors. Since Gamesplanet has failed to issue both the patches and the DLC (which we paid for), paradox can make the effort to make the patch available while we are waiting for Gamesplanet to resolve the DLC issue.

Well I am under the - perhaps misguided - impression that the patches get rid of some bugs, and will hopefully allow my company to finally be able to run a profitable non-metro line!!

Totally on Greggor side here too, I haven't had troubles getting profit nor getting stuck in traffic (like i read on some other thread). It can sometimes be a bit challenging and take a while but isn't it what games are for? :)
The patch is going to fix some bugs (which you may not even have noticed or heard of) but it is not going to affect the gameplay afaik.

"We are working on the patch and noticed there's at least one bug that might affect traffic a lot, so when that is fixed I'm sure the traffic flow will be better." Co_Karoliina / Colossal Order Dev
... among other things.
That being said I love the challenge too.

Thank you. Very well - but my patience will run out tomorrow and I as I said, I will request a charge-back if the issue is not resolved promptly since I paid for a product that I did not receive.

Maybe we can somehow combine our requests on GamesPlanet. I'm also thinking about requesting a charge-back. Maybe not the full price, cuz for me the game runs with no problem. But sill I pre-ordered to get the DLC and to get the latest patches!

Seriously no answer to the question of just posting the patch to these forums?

i just don't get it...

We have contacted Games Planet about the DLC and patches, so it shouldn't be much longer for these issues to be resolved.

sorry i also do not understand why its possible to send the patches to lazy-office-distributors and by the same way its impossible to you just to put all the patches on a website-mirror???

by the way: i love your game! it reminds me on good old simcity ;)

and: please fix this bull*** with capacity of all vehicles - its tooooo less!!!

tx