• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily Japan. It might be about Ludwig XIV. le "Roi-Soleil"... (sun)

Say hello to "The Three Musketeers" by Paradox. ..Well at least the third book is around the times of Ludwig XIV (swords)

Not Sweden: Yes, it's France!

Secong guess : a vampire-game. Swords, shining sun... :)

Maybe it's both, "Blobvania" sounds a bit more promising than "Project Glory", though, so you should probably switch the name to this.

I really, really hope it's an Ancient (or Classical) age Grand Strategy game over the Mediterranean etc. However, even if the Sun hint can indeed point to Egypt, Makedonia or simply "not Dark Ages", I fear it actually refers to Japan, and I have no interest in an oriental game, sadly.

The fantasy or sci-fi scenarios are not discarted yet, though, and a Fantasy Grand Strategy game (specially one that's not based on a well known and closed scenario, but rather a whole 'fantasy scenario creator', with many possibilities and replayability) could be interesting... let's see which surprises Paradox has to us.

(and, even if everything else fails, we can always wait some years more to the MDS...)

It hardly narrows it down to just Japan, cultures around the world have used sun symbolism. Hell, from these hints I could say that it is possibly a Wars of the Roses game, since there are swords, no Sweden, and the sun thing references Edward IV's Sunne in Splendour.

Still, I'm actually hoping that it isn't a Japan game.

A game comprising Japan, Korea, China, Indo-China, the mongols and the Indian Sub-continent would definitely capture my interest.

Edit: Preferably during a pre-EU3 time frame. Especially cool would be to let it fall together with the CK time frame. That would give a feeling like "Meanwhile, on the other side of the world'.

Last edited:
I, too, hope it isn't Japan. Whilst samurai are cool, playing yet another Japanese grand strategy game doesn't interest me as much as an Ancient History or Fantasy setting would. What attracts me to Paradox's games is the ability to imagine a different world, the sense of creation and excitement. Whilst Japan does have a lot of romance to it, "imagine if X person unified Japan" isn't that interesting. All the interest I would have for a Japan-themed game would be in the depth and immersion of the events and intrigue, and I will already have CKII for that. If it is going to be a grand strategy, then conquest of Ancient civilisations just has more appeal.

Something completely different, like the vampire RPG could also be good :p

A game comprising Japan, Korea, China, Indo-China, the mongols and the Indian Sub-continent would definitely capture my interest.

Edit: Preferably during a pre-EU3 time frame. Especially cool would be to let it fall together with the CK time frame. That would give a feeling like "Meanwhile, on the other side of the world'.

Okay, I admit this would be awesome. I'd play them simultaneously, then:D

Ok, so here I'm a bit disappointed. But the Sun has always shined in all human history, so that could still be a Dark Age game. Alternatively, but strangely since we don't have many historical accurate information about this era, that could be about Ancient Egypt. The guess about Macedonia is also credible. And of course, Japan... But they should make a really interesting game about that, for me to buy it.

Sounds like a cheap strategy. "We didn't bother to make Asia in CK2, so buy this game for €40 and you'll get it too!"

@tuore: Not really, seeing as they couldn't possibly fit both areas into one character-centered dynamic game and make it work well; they'd be just too many different systems and cultures to portray accurately. Plus, we don't even know if this game will have any similar mechanics to CK.

The Martells of Dorne?

MAR.jpg

Johan is a well known fan of A Song of Ice and Fire after all, he even had a custom title from it for a time...
Well if I have to pick from dreams coming true I'd prefer winning lottery...but I'd be happy with that as well ;)

There is not such a thing as an overused historical setting or scenario. There are only historical settings abound with bad or dumb games (hello you, TW series), but this does not mean there cannot be good games about them.

A remake of Sword of the Samurai with CK ethos would be just amazing, like almost any other well-thought historical game made by Paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.