• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is it possible to lower the settings of your computer to play the game without buying a new graphics card?

You can lower the settings of the game, but it's not guaranteed to have a large effect. If your graphics card is below the specs, there is little you can do.

There is a sticky in the tech support forum, listing one possible solution for people with too low graphics card specs.

MINIMUM specs generally mean that's what you need to play the game on the LOWEST settings. If your specs are bellow these, EXPECT the game not to run at all.

Recommended specs are what you need to play the game on higher settings, or at least without issues.

I'm in no way telling you your graphics are bad. Just that Magicka, while "looking not so graphic demanding". Really is fooling you. It's a lot more demanding then it "looks". The required 8800 is kind of "minimum for medium settings". So anything below will very fast be visibly slow.

You could try the "possible fix for stutter", posted here.
But if you do, mind the temperature! Especially being overclocked.

I have a 4 year old computer with a 8800 that runs Magicka well enough. No stuttering or anything like that. Sure it's well maintained but the specs are nothing to get excited about.
Magicka is still the best game of the genre and I dare to say the most entertaining indie game out there (though the indie term might be pushing it with todays standards).

Not sure if anyone from the designers would read this, but I want to write my idea anyway. I think that would be great for a DLC / patch to allow the players to plan their own wizard, I mean customize their base robe, weapon and wizard stuff. I have been waiting so long for such a possibility.

It's a fine idea - but is super tricky to make and requires lots of resources.

/s

Hello, new to the forum.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'd like to suggest a "Single-Player" PVP mode for Versus practice. One on One Vs AI. I'll look for any threads about this now.

Thanks