+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The state of the game

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by frozencookie View Post
    is it possible to lower the settings of your computer to play the game without buying a new graphics card?
    You can lower the settings of the game, but it's not guaranteed to have a large effect. If your graphics card is below the specs, there is little you can do.

There is a sticky in the tech support forum, listing one possible solution for people with too low graphics card specs.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

MINIMUM specs generally mean that's what you need to play the game on the LOWEST settings. If your specs are bellow these, EXPECT the game not to run at all.

Recommended specs are what you need to play the game on higher settings, or at least without issues.

High-Command Scapegoat Praetori's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by PS_ View Post
    I'm in no way telling you your graphics are bad. Just that Magicka, while "looking not so graphic demanding". Really is fooling you. It's a lot more demanding then it "looks". The required 8800 is kind of "minimum for medium settings". So anything below will very fast be visibly slow.

You could try the "possible fix for stutter", posted here.
    But if you do, mind the temperature! Especially being overclocked.
    I have a 4 year old computer with a 8800 that runs Magicka well enough. No stuttering or anything like that. Sure it's well maintained but the specs are nothing to get excited about.
    Magicka is still the best game of the genre and I dare to say the most entertaining indie game out there (though the indie term might be pushing it with todays standards).

Not sure if anyone from the designers would read this, but I want to write my idea anyway. I think that would be great for a DLC / patch to allow the players to plan their own wizard, I mean customize their base robe, weapon and wizard stuff. I have been waiting so long for such a possibility.

It's a fine idea - but is super tricky to make and requires lots of resources.

/s
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Hello, new to the forum.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I'd like to suggest a "Single-Player" PVP mode for Versus practice. One on One Vs AI. I'll look for any threads about this now.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5