• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just bought Magicka. Great game but still buggy as hell. My buddies and I were playing online and would have one of us literally crash to desktop and couldn't rejoin our game. It'd be great if you could rejoin the game after you got booted instead of having to force your party back to the lobby and start all over.

Yes. Some sort of indicator of players in game and then allow them to be revived in middle of the game (if they didn't die then give their equipment). Also would allow people join middle of game if someone drops out for no reason. Could also allow three modes for password. Server password for closed servers. Session password that is shown in game if host chooses to use the feature (close server for those who joined in beginning), It would basically change the server to passworded server after game begins. And no password. So if game has less than four players any one can join. For pvp this would be good thing too along with server to choose number of spectator slots (if someone is just looking for laughs or wants to record with extra computer).

Yes. Some sort of indicator of players in game and then allow them to be revived in middle of the game (if they didn't die then give their equipment). Also would allow people join middle of game if someone drops out for no reason. Could also allow three modes for password. Server password for closed servers. Session password that is shown in game if host chooses to use the feature (close server for those who joined in beginning), It would basically change the server to passworded server after game begins. And no password. So if game has less than four players any one can join. For pvp this would be good thing too along with server to choose number of spectator slots (if someone is just looking for laughs or wants to record with extra computer).

Agreed. I think the password feature has a lot of people thinking they HAVE to enter a password in order to host a game, thus making for a lot of 1/4 games that no one can join.

Whenever I try to join a game without a password, I receive the "Authentification failed" message. I can only play with my friend by using the steam "invite to game" feature. Any suggestions ?

Please open a thread in the tech support forum on this, thanks.

Well, thank god I tried the Demo first. I thought this game was pretty awesome, and then I heard about it's hatred of laptops. Luckily, it likes mine, so it runs, albeit with everything set to low and the res to 800x600, although, being a noob, someone tell me if turning the resolution down helps it be less laggy.
I'm running an HP G62 notebook with;
an AMD Phenom II P650 Dual-core Processor (2.60GHz)
3 Gbs of Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 chip

So I bought the actual game, and it seems to run BETTER than the Demo did. Hmm...
I'm at the part where Vlad the NOT vampire jumps off the airship because his town is in danger.
So yeah.

now. is it possible in the future for us ( people with intergrated graphics cards like myself ) to, in the future, have a game that has a little bit of rewritten codes for those who bought the game and cant play it...... i have intel hd graphics and i purchased this game along with many others and have not been able to play the game as of 5/3/11 i have had the game in my steam library and whenever i download it again and again it would always go to a black screen, my mouse would change and it would crash.... :( if you ( the developers) could just , when you find the time, make some small changes and offer a download to the people with cards like myself.but they have to show you a cd key first. On behalf of all of

if you ( the developers) could just , when you find the time, make some small changes and offer a download to the people with cards like myself
That's not a "small change". To get it to work on integrated graphics cards would mean completely rewriting the game engine which is a lot of work and testing.
They clearly state the minimum specs on the steam download page and provide a demo for you to try before you buy if you're unsure of the specs.
Intel HD graphics cards are not dedicated gaming cards. If you're wanting to play anything more than casual Popcap style games you're going to need something better (not that Popcap games are bad, <3 me some Plants vs Zombies, but they're not very resource heavy games).

I love this game ! Thanks for your work .

Hi ! I m not sure I'm in the good place but anyway !

I'm here to cense this game !! I'm 29 year's old man , and I'm near to my 25th year of play in videogames.
I'll prepare a big post on my game experience on Magicka for share you my point of you and "advices" (I put some "" because I dont know if I can afford it) for futur.

But first I want to thanks you so much for this game !
I read so much bad comment on this game... and only few are true !
I didnt play in the first month so I didnt experience the very buggy game ( I miss it because of a bad review on "www.jeuxvideo.com" but after read the player comment i buy it).

Players ( some.. always "some" for the next players's word) complain about the too much falling down situation ! I dont !
I really enjoy the mob can push me and kill me in oneshot ! It's up my gameplay ! I'm scared when I saw a monster charge me and hurry to frozen him ! I play as often as possible with a friend and we laugh so much when one of us is pushing away !

Players complain about the save's system ! I don't !!! It's remember me so much the hard oldschool's games !! In my solo campain I sometime kill myself at the end of a Chapter for restart it because i want to make it "cleaner" or because I've lost a hand weapon or my staff . I understand you are certainly make a more easy save's system but doesnt make the game easier! There are tons and tons of this newbie,easy games.. a community of players who looks for tough games are born lasts years because of this.

Players complain about the single campain... for the difficulty or unbalance campain. I dont ! Yes its different but the both are good ! I have a save where I play only with friends and the other for my solo campain ! And I dont know which I prefer.. in single mode I can improve my skill and play "clear" with a "nicetowatch" game style without being frozen or kill or burn or... ^^ by another player. In 1 player mode all the mob focus me and I'm obliged to play smart. In multiplayer game the fun are so here that nobody dislike it ! No need to cense it ^^.

Players complain about Online game. I dont ! Find a online game without failure? i know only one.. SSF4 ( its near perfection, fast and clear). And often the issues is due to leave in game. And with futur improvements i m sure that it ll be perfect.

For the lags problems I solve it with the windows solution.

In a nutshell thanks for the only game who make me excited since 4 years ( maybe more !) ! The first time I played it I said : "Omg omg its near the game's I'm dream about since so long...". And I'm still not disappointed.
I put so much hope for the incoming of this game that i wish that I'm not going to jinx.

My theorie is, because of the explosion of video game industry a large number of badskill's playesr or young's player appear !
In 80s and 90s gamemaker target players ( at this time if you played videogame its because you like it ( now everybody play videogame)) whom were very demanding and wanted to see something new.
In a way in this time, player's make the game.
Now big companie only target people who can pay for their games, with huge marketing budget. And its often people who like playing quick ! in a beautiful world with the last videoeffects.. without to much brain use etc etc etc.. And good players and videogame's fans are set aside. Forced them to try ..and try.. all news games to find some not horribles.
Logitech and some have understand there is a hardcore gamers marketing ! But this isnt enought and its just in the gamer's material.
But if you look in the videogame's history all the hits are games made, for genius players for gameplay's game (Unreal tournament, CounterStrike, WOW, Street fighter...., Magicka =) ), and for fan's videogamers for storyline and adventure's games (FF7, Alone in the dark 1, Secret of mana.....).
SO my saying will be : Make game for the most demanding and skilled people ( For SSF4AE example.. less than 0.01% can perform the gameinput perfectly(react at the frame) ), without listening casual players, and you ll have a HIT which everybody'll play ! Because they have seen what pro makes.

Next time I speak only of gameplay magicka ! And there is a lot to say !

PS: sorry I think your understand that I m French... So if someone want to edit my post I appreciate it.. Send it in PV, I'll post it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the community :)
Great to hear you enjoy the game.
Have you tried the Vietnam rescue mission yet? I really enjoyed that mission ^_^ I hope they do more missions like it.

Not yet, but i played the campain a lot and some mission. I bought the complete game.
My playedtime is around 40/60H. But I spend at least double of time watching and reading forum about Magicka.
Thx for the advice. I would do it soon anyway. Maybe we ll play it together someday ^^.

stay tuned to my next post before the end of the month ^^. I really work hard on it.

I've seen a few graphical glitches, but nothing awful, so far it feels pretty polished. I have just posted in the main forum about saving, which I notice is on your list. What's the issue here with a save? Is it idealogical? technical? As it stands I can't bring myself to play again until I don't have to redo half the level because I ran out of time.

That's not a "small change". To get it to work on integrated graphics cards would mean completely rewriting the game engine which is a lot of work and testing.
They clearly state the minimum specs on the steam download page and provide a demo for you to try before you buy if you're unsure of the specs.
Intel HD graphics cards are not dedicated gaming cards. If you're wanting to play anything more than casual Popcap style games you're going to need something better (not that Popcap games are bad, <3 me some Plants vs Zombies, but they're not very resource heavy games).

Not necessarily true. My laptop can run (on the highest settings) games like WoW, Eve Online, Half Life 2, Football Manager 11, Civilization V and many others including Amnesia (which is also made by a very small indie company). The thing that stops my laptop from running games is shoddy optimization work or like this game using a different shader model.

Not necessarily true. My laptop can run (on the highest settings) games like WoW, Eve Online, Half Life 2, Football Manager 11, Civilization V and many others including Amnesia (which is also made by a very small indie company). The thing that stops my laptop from running games is shoddy optimization work or like this game using a different shader model.

Your laptop is probably not using an Intel HD graphics card. If it is you're not running on highest settings. If it isn't an Intel HD then your comment is not related to mine.

Your laptop is probably not using an Intel HD graphics card. If it is you're not running on highest settings. If it isn't an Intel HD then your comment is not related to mine.

I do have Integrated graphics on this laptop. It's not a poor laptop though by any means disregarding the lack of a graphic card so as long as the game can be started I can have it on high/highest settings.

I do have Integrated graphics on this laptop. It's not a poor laptop though by any means disregarding the lack of a graphic card so as long as the game can be started I can have it on high/highest settings.

Integrated graphics card or integrated INTEL HD ?
You can have an integrated Nvidia card (or ATI card) and it'll outperform the Intel card by quite a factor. My comments were specifically about Intel HD.
An integrated Nvidia won't perform as well as a dedicated card of a similar model but it is pretty proficient.

I'm frustrated right now. People don't play more than 2 minutes with me after they are 10 points down :(

At least ask for help if you lose, I would gladly help out players get better.

Hi guys, I'm from Argentina and I usually play PVP with my closest friends.
I, sometimes, join a public lobby when the latency is below 250 aprox.

I find very difficult to find servers, the refresh seems to have no effect sometimes. Is this due to the fact that there are very few servers? because it would be nice to have a stronger server finding tool.

Other than that the game is awesome and I have absolutely no complaints.. oh yes.. the fact that I have now played 18 pvp matchs and I won them all, is there no one who can challenge me??? :p

Thanks in advance! and keep up the good work!! :)

Hi guys, I'm from Argentina and I usually play PVP with my closest friends.
I, sometimes, join a public lobby when the latency is below 250 aprox.

I find very difficult to find servers, the refresh seems to have no effect sometimes. Is this due to the fact that there are very few servers? because it would be nice to have a stronger server finding tool.

Other than that the game is awesome and I have absolutely no complaints.. oh yes.. the fact that I have now played 18 pvp matchs and I won them all, is there no one who can challenge me??? :p

Thanks in advance! and keep up the good work!! :)

Please PM me when you wanna play :D I'm always looking for challanges.