• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To be honest - I do wish the Magicka devs would really fix that XNA install issue. It really is annoying to have to deal with it every time I launch Magicka.

Try using the XNA install in the dependancies subfolder in your magicka folder to Repair your XNA framework.

Back on topic though: any rough release dates for the vietnam stuff?
Will it be a paid dlc and any rough price?
What was that little patch that went off yesterday?

Vietnam is coming in April. It will be paid, but won't be expensive.

Patch was for russian localization bugs.

/s

Will memory usage be improved in the long run?

It's gotten a lot better since the release version, making a large part of Magicka playable on 1GB of RAM, but certainly not all of it.
I know it's below the system requirements, but it's just annoying how it can run flawlessly until it runs out of RAM.

I find it odd to have grouped Modding with the "definate no" catagory of what you are doing. I of course understand that bug fixes etc, take priority. I would want them to. Just think it's interesting there is also no "Not now but later" group for things like Mod compatibility. Because I personally would love to try and make stuff for Magicka. I just don't want to get VAC banned.

I find it odd to have grouped Modding with the "definate no" catagory of what you are doing. I of course understand that bug fixes etc, take priority. I would want them to. Just think it's interesting there is also no "Not now but later" group for things like Mod compatibility. Because I personally would love to try and make stuff for Magicka. I just don't want to get VAC banned.
I think you misread what they said:
Mod support: We do love modding, but we simply do not have the time to develop tools for the modders to use. This has not stopped the community from modding anyway, and we will, without taking too much time from the main development, try to make Magicka more mod friendly. Things like being able to turn off VAC on your server so you don't run the risk of being VAC banned comes to mind. Many of us comes from the modding scene, don't think that we will forget you.
They say that they don't have time to do modding tools but will make the game mod friendly with things like turning off VAC for your server so that you don't get banned.
They are quite happy for you to mod Magicka. They just don't have time to help you mod it.
At least that's how I read it.

I think you misread what they said:

They say that they don't have time to do modding tools but will make the game mod friendly with things like turning off VAC for your server so that you don't get banned.
They are quite happy for you to mod Magicka. They just don't have time to help you mod it.
At least that's how I read it.

I got that, what I mean is; I personally believe that when all of the bugs are fixed, and their list of things they are definately doing is complete, Mod Tools might be something the do work on. Especially seeing as the devs are all from the modding community hehe. I just mean I thought it odd that it's not considered a possibility when I feel that it is something that would eventually happen just not for a while.

I got that, what I mean is; I personally believe that when all of the bugs are fixed, and their list of things they are definately doing is complete, Mod Tools might be something the do work on. Especially seeing as the devs are all from the modding community hehe. I just mean I thought it odd that it's not considered a possibility when I feel that it is something that would eventually happen just not for a while.
Fair enough. Maybe when they're done with everything, but I think they have lots of plans in the works for stuff first.
If enough people ask for it though I'm sure they'll bump it up their list of priorities. They're very open to feedback from the community.

Suggestion regarding the following: (yes, I've done this before.)
Progression saving: This is a big requested feature from the community and we do agree that we will have to look it over. We have discussed some ways to improve it but at the moment we are evaluating what would be the best solution. Hopefully we will find one that everyone consider to be an improvement to the game.
- While in-game record the position of the player character (X-Y-Z)
- Record the equipment and character
- record the level and map name/number
- Save the status of all enemy's and triggers as 1 and 0. 1 being alive/not triggered, 0 the other. (Done in the same order as the creation in the level! This prevents a complete rewrite!)
- Save all current learned magicka's, Except the Wizard specific one!!!! (load that one on game start for each wizard independently.)
Put the data in a string: "level-map-X-Y-Z-Wiz1_Sword-Wiz1_Staff-Wiz2_Sword-Wiz2_Staff-Wiz3_Sword-Wiz3_Staff-Wiz4_Sword-Wiz4_Staff-creature string".
Save the string to a local file every X seconds.

On load, place Wiz1 (Host) at the saved level->map->location. Place the other Wizards near withing an certain radius (Checking if there actually is a floor! If not, move to another spot and/or widen the radius.) and giving them the right equipment if filled in the string and there appropriate magicks.
Run through the enemy and trigger list of that map seeing what is already dead and disable them for the play session, spawn the rest accordingly.
Run the game!

That should be about it .....

To be honest all that really needs to be done is make the checkpoints a permanent save point if they change the save system.
It already holds all information required and all they'd need to do is dump this object as a binary object to disk when you hit a checkpoint.
I don't think the save system requires any work though. As long as there are enough checkpoints in a level I really don't mind redoing a level if I stop playing before the end.
Then again I'm a slightly older generation of gamer and grew up with harsh save points (if any at all). Back in my day, shonny, we had a shooty on the commadore shixty four that you had to start from the begining every time... and you only had four livesh to shtart with.
Now get of my lawn and turn down your hippity hoppity music. :)

That is terribly disappointing re: Integrated Graphics.

I haven't owned a tower PC in ten years.

I guess refunds are impossible. :(

I guess refunds are impossible.

It doesn't have anything to do with laptop graphics specifically and more to do with the fact that laptop graphics tend to be shittier than desktop graphics. The stated minimum requirements are a Geforce 8800 or equivalent...and my 9600M GT (which is A LOT weaker) can run it just fine (albeit with a little lag).

I don't agree that optimization isn't worth their time (As there's a huge market that can't run the game as is), though I guess this depends on exactly how much work it is...but you can't say that the specs weren't clearly posted!

You could try contacting Steam support. They may be able to give you a refund.

It doesn't have anything to do with laptop graphics specifically and more to do with the fact that laptop graphics tend to be shittier than desktop graphics. The stated minimum requirements are a Geforce 8800 or equivalent...and my 9600M GT (which is A LOT weaker) can run it just fine (albeit with a little lag).

I don't agree that optimization isn't worth their time (As there's a huge market that can't run the game as is), though I guess this depends on exactly how much work it is...but you can't say that the specs weren't clearly posted!

You could try contacting Steam support. They may be able to give you a refund.

To be honest not working at all, and not attempting to make it work for a large number of people is a problem. Especially when, if we are honest, they could easily complain long enough that they get their money back. Also am surprised it isn't considered a bug. As I said about Mod Tools to be honest I am surprised there is a "No never" list of development. I really do think that the devs can't afford to be so closed on what they do when their team is still so small. You'd think they'd nearly just take a vote on what to do next lol

To be honest not working at all, and not attempting to make it work for a large number of people is a problem. Especially when, if we are honest, they could easily complain long enough that they get their money back. Also am surprised it isn't considered a bug. As I said about Mod Tools to be honest I am surprised there is a "No never" list of development. I really do think that the devs can't afford to be so closed on what they do when their team is still so small. You'd think they'd nearly just take a vote on what to do next lol
They've stated before that they made decisions early in development about the technologies they would use. Some of these require a beefier graphics card. To change them now would basically mean an entire engine rewrite.
Integrated graphics cards are generally not gaming card. It sucks for people who have them but if you want to play a wide variety of games you need a dedicated card.

The devs _have_ to be very picky about what they do _because_ they're so small. Something that may seem simple can actually take up a lot of dev time and will prevent them doing 3 other things.

As for the refund thing: A) This has nothing to do with the devs / the publisher. It has to do with the retailer. B) People really need to learn to read minimum specs. A lot of places will not give refunds if you don't meet minimum specs.

While it would be awesome to make the game accessible to everyone in practice it's not viable and they've chosen their target market. It's a big percentage of the pie and they seem to be doing well with it.

Personally I'd rather they worked on new content that rewriting the engine to include lower graphics cards. I don't know the numbers but I'm guessing the number of people who can't get it working due to graphics cards is very low compared to the player base.

Hi guys, i've played magicka with some friends and I've found it very funny, but also glitchy and buggy. There were a lot of situations where you get stuck and you've to restart (when you can) or to recreate the room.
When the next patch?

Hi guys, i've played magicka with some friends and I've found it very funny, but also glitchy and buggy. There were a lot of situations where you get stuck and you've to restart (when you can) or to recreate the room.
When the next patch?

You should have seen it when they first released it lol. It's a lot better than then, but yeah needs a bit of work, next patch will be on the 26th but it may not fix any crashes as it's primarily to add the new challenge map.