• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome game. Could use a little optimization and hot joining would be very much appreciated.

I would like to join everyone who already said how great game is. Of course, there are still some bugs, but they are bearable. Keep up with good work and give us some true expansion in the future. Thumbs up.

nikiPower:
If you have issues please open a thread in the Tech support and Bugs subforum with your dxdiag specs and we'll see if we can help or at least the devs will be able to see what hardware you have and maybe it'll help them when they're patching.

nikiPower:
If you have issues please open a thread in the Tech support and Bugs subforum with your dxdiag specs and we'll see if we can help or at least the devs will be able to see what hardware you have and maybe it'll help them when they're patching.

Of course i have problems with optimisation, because im playing on laptop, but i can play Black Ops on max settings or Battlefield Bad Company 2 on medium settings, but in Magicka sometimes i get lags, don't really know why...

You do realise the battlefield and cod devs had MILLIONS in resources yeah? A lot of which can be put into testing and optimisation, as well as loads of experience.

Arrowhead were living off loans from family for a long while, and this is their FIRST game. The fact your laptop can play those other games is COMPLETELY moot, they're on a totally different scale.

Oh and you still didn't provide any specs.

Ok, here is my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 380M
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M
4Gb memory
Not to "rub salt in the wound", but just so you know. For future reference.
In your case, it's not so much the games optimisation. It's your computer being quite far below the required specs.
You can compare your GT 415M to other cards, over here. So it's really a bit of "they told you so".

Not to "rub salt in the wound", but just so you know. For future reference.
In your case, it's not so much the games optimisation. It's your computer being quite far below the required specs.
You can compare your GT 415M to other cards, over here. So it's really a bit of "they told you so".
But I'm playing not on standart frequency, I overcloked my videocard from 500 Mhz of core clock to 820 Mhz and also memory clock to 960-990 Mhz. This game doesn't have so cool graphics where u need GeForce 8800 GT.

But I'm playing not on standart frequency, I overcloked my videocard from 500 Mhz of core clock to 820 Mhz and also memory clock to 960-990 Mhz. This game doesn't have so cool graphics where u need GeForce 8800 GT.

You card can't adequetly handle all the lighting tricks and shortcuts the engine uses. The engine could use optimization, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that you need an 8800 to run it efficiently.

You card can't adequetly handle all the lighting tricks and shortcuts the engine uses. The engine could use optimization, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that you need an 8800 to run it efficiently.

I know that my card can't handle a lot of lights and smoke, but without this effects i don't think that i only can play this game on 40 FPS

I know that my card can't handle a lot of lights and smoke, but without this effects i don't think that i only can play this game on 40 FPS

I'm in no way telling you your graphics are bad. Just that Magicka, while "looking not so graphic demanding". Really is fooling you. It's a lot more demanding then it "looks". The required 8800 is kind of "minimum for medium settings". So anything below will very fast be visibly slow.

You could try the "possible fix for stutter", posted here.
But if you do, mind the temperature! Especially being overclocked.