+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The state of the game

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Awesome game. Could use a little optimization and hot joining would be very much appreciated.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Wanted to congratulate you guys for this nice new update which solved a whole bunch of issues in PvP. This helps alot!

Big round of applauses.

just bought the game and had a fun time with it so far

Thumbs up

I would like to join everyone who already said how great game is. Of course, there are still some bugs, but they are bearable. Keep up with good work and give us some true expansion in the future. Thumbs up.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

New update? Any idea what was added/changed?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Al. I. Cuza View Post
    New update? Any idea what was added/changed?
    hmmm it's just 1,2 mb

Just bought magicka on sale. so did a friend of mine looks like a fun time but cant play at all
    thanks

Awesome game.

Yeah... game is so fun)) But big problem in this game, it's optimisation...

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

nikiPower:
    If you have issues please open a thread in the Tech support and Bugs subforum with your dxdiag specs and we'll see if we can help or at least the devs will be able to see what hardware you have and maybe it'll help them when they're patching.

Quote Originally Posted by zenstar View Post
    nikiPower:
    If you have issues please open a thread in the Tech support and Bugs subforum with your dxdiag specs and we'll see if we can help or at least the devs will be able to see what hardware you have and maybe it'll help them when they're patching.
    Of course i have problems with optimisation, because im playing on laptop, but i can play Black Ops on max settings or Battlefield Bad Company 2 on medium settings, but in Magicka sometimes i get lags, don't really know why...

You do realise the battlefield and cod devs had MILLIONS in resources yeah? A lot of which can be put into testing and optimisation, as well as loads of experience.

Arrowhead were living off loans from family for a long while, and this is their FIRST game. The fact your laptop can play those other games is COMPLETELY moot, they're on a totally different scale.

Oh and you still didn't provide any specs.

Ok, here is my specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i3 380M
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M
    4Gb memory

So when is the game coming out for consoles?

PS: Did something change with the game. Just had 3 crashes in a row.
    Last edited by Al. I. Cuza; 09-10-2011 at 18:19.

Captain
    Magicka

Quote Originally Posted by nikiPower View Post
    Ok, here is my specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i3 380M
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M
    4Gb memory
    Not to "rub salt in the wound", but just so you know. For future reference.
    In your case, it's not so much the games optimisation. It's your computer being quite far below the required specs.
    You can compare your GT 415M to other cards, over here. So it's really a bit of "they told you so".

Quote Originally Posted by PS_ View Post
    Not to "rub salt in the wound", but just so you know. For future reference.
    In your case, it's not so much the games optimisation. It's your computer being quite far below the required specs.
    You can compare your GT 415M to other cards, over here. So it's really a bit of "they told you so".
    But I'm playing not on standart frequency, I overcloked my videocard from 500 Mhz of core clock to 820 Mhz and also memory clock to 960-990 Mhz. This game doesn't have so cool graphics where u need GeForce 8800 GT.

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

But I'm playing not on standart frequency, I overcloked my videocard from 500 Mhz of core clock to 820 Mhz and also memory clock to 960-990 Mhz. This game doesn't have so cool graphics where u need GeForce 8800 GT.
    You card can't adequetly handle all the lighting tricks and shortcuts the engine uses. The engine could use optimization, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that you need an 8800 to run it efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by zenstar View Post
    You card can't adequetly handle all the lighting tricks and shortcuts the engine uses. The engine could use optimization, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that you need an 8800 to run it efficiently.
    I know that my card can't handle a lot of lights and smoke, but without this effects i don't think that i only can play this game on 40 FPS

Captain
    Magicka

I know that my card can't handle a lot of lights and smoke, but without this effects i don't think that i only can play this game on 40 FPS
    I'm in no way telling you your graphics are bad. Just that Magicka, while "looking not so graphic demanding". Really is fooling you. It's a lot more demanding then it "looks". The required 8800 is kind of "minimum for medium settings". So anything below will very fast be visibly slow.

You could try the "possible fix for stutter", posted here.
    But if you do, mind the temperature! Especially being overclocked.

is it possible to lower the settings of your computer to play the game without buying a new graphics card?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast