• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, you cannot believe how happy you devs had made me! I was in the US Navy back in the early 90s, assigned to a carrier (USS Dwight D. Eisenhower) and I remember playing the original Harpoon and other naval sims like the Silent Hunter series. But outside of them, I had a BLAST with Fleet Command. Now, I read about this on Bluesnews and I cannot wait to pick this up!

One question though: would there be opportunities to mod or would there be expansions in the future? It would be awesome to have the game set in other parts of the world!

Brian

Hi
that´s great news indeed. I still remember the good old days with fleet command and the first harpoon games. Since then I bought each game which promised to come close to those, but with no sucess. I am looking forward to this game hoping that it turns out to come close to reality and at the same time provides a managable learning curve.

Thomas

Brian: I am glad to hear that! Making the game truly moddable for the community is a high priority for us. And, surely, if we succeed and you guys like NWAC, we hope to make NW cover all the world's oceans.

Thomas: If Harpoon is the benchmark for "manageable learning curve" I think we'll be fine :) Yeah I loved it too. Back in the days when "hardcore gamer" was a redundant expression!

IndoEsia45: Well spotted. The map itself is a bitmap (well, loads of them), but we're experimenting with Maya to see how we can make it more visually appealing as well as more informative. Øyvind, our AD, is a Maya guy!

to make it more user friendly (dumb down) why not make an arcade mode with a different UI and difficulty.

Userfriendly certainly does not mean "dumbed down".

JanH,
Thanks for your response regarding the benchmark. I am playing these kinds of simulations since 1990 and I think its not important to easily master a game. Its just that
if you fail, the game should let you know why, in order to choose a different approach. For that reason it is again not important to have thousands of different platforms or
theatres to choose from. I generally prefer small and detailed scenarios which is as I understand your approach for this game as well.

Thomas

This game looks more and more awesome. Who needs realism when you can have lots of planes? :p

Eagerly awaiting release, I am. ;)

Yaaayyy!

I firmly believe there is a good market for a game covering the Harpoon 3 MilSim concept, taking care of the angle of gameplay and graphics while dumping a bit the realism demanded by the australian navy... :)

You have a copy sold here!

...and thanks very, very much to take your time for showing me the game in NY (very good looks already) and best of luck with this project!

Yes I am eagerly waiting for this release also I am an ex submarine radioman that was on the USS Hammerhead SSN663 in mid 80's. I also was on a 688 fast attack the USS Portsmouth for a 3 month west pac. This really sounds good and hope for a fantastic game. :rolleyes: