+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naval War: Arctic Circle – Developer Diary #1

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Actually I'm quite happy to hear I was wrong!
    Cool

East India Company CollectionMount & Blade: Warband

Darnit! I was sick the day they took the photos. As always Seigman gets all the fame!

Hi, Everybody Just stopping by to say hello and signing in with the team

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    Darnit! I was sick the day they took the photos. As always Seigman gets all the fame!
    we can pet you though *grins*

East India Company CollectionMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by SA_Avenger View Post
    we can pet you though *grins*
    Hmm. No fame and treated like a cat. This day can only get better

Stranda, More og Romsdal, Norway, 105467522820186, Stranda
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem View Post
    Hmm. No fame and treated like a cat. This day can only get better
    Bad kitty!

On topic though: good diary.

ty!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourImpire
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordKnights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled

Talking

Wow, you cannot believe how happy you devs had made me! I was in the US Navy back in the early 90s, assigned to a carrier (USS Dwight D. Eisenhower) and I remember playing the original Harpoon and other naval sims like the Silent Hunter series. But outside of them, I had a BLAST with Fleet Command. Now, I read about this on Bluesnews and I cannot wait to pick this up!

One question though: would there be opportunities to mod or would there be expansions in the future? It would be awesome to have the game set in other parts of the world!

Brian

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Hi
    that΄s great news indeed. I still remember the good old days with fleet command and the first harpoon games. Since then I bought each game which promised to come close to those, but with no sucess. I am looking forward to this game hoping that it turns out to come close to reality and at the same time provides a managable learning curve.

Thomas

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'm looking forward to this game.

If I may ask, are you using Maya to develop the map?

Brian: I am glad to hear that! Making the game truly moddable for the community is a high priority for us. And, surely, if we succeed and you guys like NWAC, we hope to make NW cover all the world's oceans.

Thomas: If Harpoon is the benchmark for "manageable learning curve" I think we'll be fine Yeah I loved it too. Back in the days when "hardcore gamer" was a redundant expression!

IndoEsia45: Well spotted. The map itself is a bitmap (well, loads of them), but we're experimenting with Maya to see how we can make it more visually appealing as well as more informative. Ψyvind, our AD, is a Maya guy!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

to make it more user friendly (dumb down) why not make an arcade mode with a different UI and difficulty.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

HoI tried and sort of failed with it's arcade mode. It's the learning curve they have to focus on, the golden rule : "Easy to play, hard to master"
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
    to make it more user friendly (dumb down) why not make an arcade mode with a different UI and difficulty.
    Userfriendly certainly does not mean "dumbed down".
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

JanH,
    Thanks for your response regarding the benchmark. I am playing these kinds of simulations since 1990 and I think its not important to easily master a game. Its just that
    if you fail, the game should let you know why, in order to choose a different approach. For that reason it is again not important to have thousands of different platforms or
    theatres to choose from. I generally prefer small and detailed scenarios which is as I understand your approach for this game as well.

Thomas

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    This game looks more and more awesome. Who needs realism when you can have lots of planes?

Eagerly awaiting release, I am.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Yaaayyy!

I firmly believe there is a good market for a game covering the Harpoon 3 MilSim concept, taking care of the angle of gameplay and graphics while dumping a bit the realism demanded by the australian navy...

You have a copy sold here!

...and thanks very, very much to take your time for showing me the game in NY (very good looks already) and best of luck with this project!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourImpire
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordKnights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled

Thanks for the reply, JanH! I cannot wait for the finished product. Now, if 2012 can get here faster.....!

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

This looks and sounds absolutly brilliant! Blowing up giant aircraft carriers is, indeed, the shit!

Private

Yes I am eagerly waiting for this release also I am an ex submarine radioman that was on the USS Hammerhead SSN663 in mid 80's. I also was on a 688 fast attack the USS Portsmouth for a 3 month west pac. This really sounds good and hope for a fantastic game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast