Temporary Traffic Fix: A Step-by-Step Guide

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tried this one for a while, but found that while it did eliminate traffic on the first Vienna scenario, it also killed my number of passengers. I'm assuming this is because "the fix" simply makes fewer people need to travel.

I found that renaming the metro-folder and trying with the latest patch was a more balanced solution.

Thats not true. That´s a perception of you. It´s tested.

I'm also getting stuck in the city of Amsterdam (1920), there are 150 people waiting at my busstops at some point.
I got a bus line from the train terminal down south and it makes a loop back to the train terminal. I found out that the stops in heavy traffic, not the best idea :p
My busses got stuck in the traffic jam and it takes a week to get them out of there :S

To get back on the idea of the topicstarter, are the numbers 450/900 the best numbers or are there other numbers that may work better? The game itself is pretty nice, but needs a little tweaking :D
Cause now i'll stuck in the 20's with no money to develop my busses/tram lines in the future :(

/edit: Edited the numbers to 450-900 and it works great :D Now I need some experience to gain some profitable lines :)

Last edited:
I tried setting (what the OP pointed out) to 0 - 1 seconds. I opened up Tutorial City - and WOW! I wasn't expecting what I found. . . . well, not as bad as it actually was, at least.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559795187051662492/4E6FE1065A40FA90A4CE7FDF2AC6CC62A5315F23/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559795187051663696/C211E286AB1369DE3B2E2A5FD612F187E82A9986/

What is it's set to 0 - infinity (obviously, it can't be infinity, but probably 5,000 or so.) What I mean, is that, in the chaos that is our lives, I might get home, and have to leave almost immediately for some reason, or I could go days without having to go anywhere off campus (and their is no "campus" in CiM);

What do you guys think? Traffic could be worse (or better) - but it would be much more random...which is what CiM is about, right?

Last edited:
lucky14 i agree with the random nature of when someone needs to get moving again.
The problem is that this game isnt realistic / simple enough to deal with that.

In real life, if you just got home and have to go halfway across the city again, there are always buses or metros or taxis to take you where you need to go.
In this game, they are all standing in a traffic jam and there are 130 other people with you at the busstop waiting.. XD