• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes it would be nice. I have Fraps, i have already some videos on youtube (Check channel Gogomaester) editing in sony vegas. The first rundabout is very cool:

I went to your channel but I could not find any cities in motion videos. Could you please post the individual links to make it easier to view.

Thank you

Great videos. Loved watching the 'birth' of a small harbour, thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot. Good to see you like it, and want to see more! :D

I'll do a video on residential areas and then I'll see what I can do with airports. ;)

Awesome, really looking forward to them.

Making the harbor look slightly better
Blocks of concrete.
[video=youtube;0XQ0sB3tf7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XQ0sB3tf7s[/video]

A little more on roundabouts
Thanks to Gogomaester for this tip!
[video=youtube;xQvCKFyNDJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQvCKFyNDJU[/video]

When you started talking about the water height, it got me wondering... Can you move objects you've already placed (like that boat) or do you have to delete them and place them from new again?

Also, when you open your building menu, it's got way more category choices than mine does. Has it been structured different between countries?

No, you can't select an item and move it up or down. It must be deleted first and then replaced in the height you want.

As for the buildings and details, there's two different menus. Construct buildings and Add props. Add props has a LOT of categories and little details you can add to make the city more lifelike.

As far as I've seen, there's no difference from country to country (New Map and then select country) except for the landmarks available.

Here's a sneak peek at the airport :) Will make a video tutorial on how to do this when I'm done exporting the residential video!
Cities In Motion 2011-02-25 11-42-47-96.jpg
Cities In Motion 2011-02-25 11-45-07-53.jpg

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You can put buildings very close to each other. You can't have parking spaces and such overlap. All objects have their own "personal space", and needs to be placed in their own set of squares defined by the grid.

Ok, I see many players have problems with metro tracks. I'll be doing a short tutorial, maybe late tonight. And I'll do a short video on installing maps if it's still necessary.

Please, mods, could you make this thread a sticky?