• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PP, is everything brown for you? Because it was for me too. If so, reinstall. Otherwise, use the erosion tool, which is can be found amongst the terraforming tools. Click on the area you want and push the mouse away or pull it towards you. Et voilà.
Tried that,what happens is,I go into editor and trhe map is dark(Brown?) I uninstall then reinstall and its still the same,I try the erosion tool but it still the same,if game tecs are reading this please help.

Tried that,what happens is,I go into editor and trhe map is dark(Brown?) I uninstall then reinstall and its still the same,I try the erosion tool but it still the same,if game tecs are reading this please help.

I agree this sounds like a tech issue - I've even seen other posts about it - usually re-installing fixes it.

If you get it fixed, in general you can get *back* to green grass by right-clicking.

So say you laid some concrete and want to remove it, go into the menus and find concrete like you were going to lay some more, but right-click where you want to remove it.

I'm trying to use the marker to name a park but it doesn't work. When I hit Save&Play and can't see the name on the area. How does the marker work?

Also when I'm loading the map I created I see that standard image. Is it possible to change that? Put custom loading images? Would be really great!

About the marker, I've yet to use one but as I understand it you drag to *cover* the area you want named, not just plop the marker down. Is that how you did it?

About the marker, I've yet to use one but as I understand it you drag to *cover* the area you want named, not just plop the marker down. Is that how you did it?

The marker is there, I can see it, also the name of the area. I don't think it's a matter of drag or plop. The problem is that it works on map editor, but when I put to play I can't see the name.
As I understood the marker will show only the name of the area, not the marker.

Maybe it's just to see in map editor, to mark things to help you build, it's not suppose to show for players. But I don't know. Anyone can confirm that?

Okay, here's how the marker works. When you click on the marker, you have a set of options on the left side of the screen, these are sizes of the ring, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc One you pick your size, you simply PLOP the marker down, then using the renaming tool, highlight the pink marker and select it to name the marker.

Upon doing this, now any stop within the area can pull that name for its stop name, however its more likely to take a street before an area, followed by a custom named building and then finally the buildings default name.

There is NO dragging the marker, just place like everything else. This marker also does NOT show in game only in the editor.

Okay, here's how the marker works. When you click on the marker, you have a set of options on the left side of the screen, these are sizes of the ring, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc One you pick your size, you simply PLOP the marker down, then using the renaming tool, highlight the pink marker and select it to name the marker.

Upon doing this, now any stop within the area can pull that name for its stop name, however its more likely to take a street before an area, followed by a custom named building and then finally the buildings default name.

There is NO dragging the marker, just place like everything else. This marker also does NOT show in game only in the editor.

Thanks! That really helped.

And what about changing the loading screen for each map?

Also I would like to suggest to the devs that the box where I put the description of the map should be much larger. It's just a small line, but it is possible to put a much longer description. You have to type without seeing what are you typing. Luckily I discover that I just need to edit the map.scenario file and paste my long description there.

Thanks! That really helped.

And what about changing the loading screen for each map?

Also I would like to suggest to the devs that the box where I put the description of the map should be much larger. It's just a small line, but it is possible to put a much longer description. You have to type without seeing what are you typing. Luckily I discover that I just need to edit the map.scenario file and paste my long description there.

About the loading screen, that has to do with the local files, you have to make your own location and edit the config files to use a different loading screen.

As for your second question, for the time being you answered your own question, if it was a question.

About the loading screen, that has to do with the local files, you have to make your own location and edit the config files to use a different loading screen.

Which config files? I think it's not my map config files, because I look at all of them. If it's a config that will change the loading screen for all custom maps, then it's useless. Should be a way to make it exactly like the campaign maps does.

I was trying, what map editor can, because I am also sad thera are no one-way roads (and no 1 lane tram tracks like in Traffic Giant, in CiM it is always 2 way track). Well, trams are out of discussion.

But I think, it is possible to make one-way roads (narrow, 1 lane wide, even though they take space as normal road), especially straight ones. Just use the ramps for highways. It is under highways menu (or expressway). I tried it, it is possible to draw this ramp between two roads, not just between road and highway. And after putting some concrete under it, it seems also like one-way street (without any grass), but that way you have to put it only as straight street, no curves.
I think I will do some narrow lanes in my residental districts.

I quickly tried it.

You can really make streets by on-ramps for expressgates. Yes, you cannot build there a stop or tram track, but BUS can go there and I presume, citizens' cars will also. So now you can build normal large block and some ramps connecting opposite streets to make small streets. It is mostly eyecandy (that those streets has no white painting in the middle etc., just look like streets in residential areas), yes, but can be useable because of the cars going only in one direction in this street.

Just don't forget to lay down some concrete or asphalt or bricks on the ground under the on-ramp to better look.

Hey,

What's the deal with airports? What's the game here? We know the runway needs two connections apparently and must be connected with a large terminal, but there must be more to know here. Sometimes the plane will take very weird detours (like running all the way onto a runway, drive down the runway, only to change onto a runway further away or just departing on the "road" leading to a runway, see picture) or the game will just crash. And do departure planes work the same way like arriving planes, if there are?

This guy must have been in a hurry.
photo-187-ead2613d.jpg

Last edited:
How to build streets on banks?

I mean street supported by (bricked) foundation, like in centre of cities. I managed only to build street on the bank, but supported by very steep grassy slope.

I've already posted this on cities in motion exchange but I assume that if you select Uk in the editor it puts the vehicles on the left hand side of the road.

How do you place advertisemnts on buildings? I know many of the more advanced features such as setting when and where the city expands are diabled, but this seems like it would be basic enough for it to be implemented within the retail version.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out that you can use the Pg. Up and Pg. Down keys to suspend these items in the air.

Last edited:
I think it is time for the map editor to get its own forum. This thread is getting quite long and will only get longer. Now a question. I'm trying to figure out anything about the map editor (with little results), and want to start simple and make a river. After trial and error I made a ditch (!) and now I'd like to make it a river. Clicking on the water toggle (what does it toggle?) and then in the ditch doesn't do anything. I have no thoughts that I will ever be able to create a map, but I would at least like to understand the editor so I could alter other maps.

Timeline Editor questions
Hello,

I'm trying to get a grip with the timeline editor and it seems fairly simple to use as long as I start a map using the timeline editor and build it up all that I want to display on the first year, month and day.

However, I've already got a map established, and started to use the timeline editor with it.

Now comes in my problems in that I wish to remove a bunch of objects and buildings so that I can place them later in the timeline.

However the only way that I see this to be possible at the mo is to go to the first year, month, and day and remove those objects. But that means that they are there on day one, and then removed.

Is there a way that I can remove objects from the game so that they don't appear on day one?

Thanks,