• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I finally got to see a military parade. Lasted long enough to just capture the image, before it went poof, goodbye. Maybe 3 seconds or so.
parade.jpg

Is there anyway I can get trains to spawn in my map, I have the railway connected to one end of the map but not the other, does this matter, and I only have a Small Station and not a terminus....

Cargo trains will appear if you place down a cargo station(looks like a sorta coal/grain shoot) passenger trains will only appear if there is at least 2 small stations or 1 terminal.

I'm not really certain what you are aksing junailija, Are you asking if there are any user create maps? If so, then yes there are, they are in the modifications forum.

I'm not really certain what you are aksing junailija, Are you asking if there are any user create maps? If so, then yes there are, they are in the modifications forum.
I meant the players made their own cities in map editor. Somewhere I'd refuse to see the city of Riga.
I look forward to new cities in the game. Awesome game, around which thrives yes.

I'm considering trying to make a NYC map, just wondering how long it might take an inexperienced user to create an average-size map? I don't want to start something I'm not gonna be able to finish. If it's under a dozen hours total I'll give it a shot.

So while building a map I've ran into a problem with some of the bigger buildings and like the tennis court I can only seem to put in two different diagonal ways. They don't seem to have the same rotation options like every other building does. Is this the same for everyone or just me? I've got a lot of city going and now when trying to place like the department store, it can't attach to my streets nicely because its always in a diamond shape to my roads.

So while building a map I've ran into a problem with some of the bigger buildings and like the tennis court I can only seem to put in two different diagonal ways. They don't seem to have the same rotation options like every other building does. Is this the same for everyone or just me? I've got a lot of city going and now when trying to place like the department store, it can't attach to my streets nicely because its always in a diamond shape to my roads.

The bigger buildings have limited rotation options, so you're not the only one :) I'm sorry for the inconvenience in your map, I hope you'll find a way to work around this.

Building is great fun - especially when you test the maps and see the map come to life - even seen possible traffic jams on the major highway across the map. But hey, that's what public transport is there to stop! Just a couple of questions:
- I can clearly see how an area is a home to the blue-collar workers and lower (indeed, I have specifically created a small chunk of the map, a small town, which should be condemned as a health hazard!), but how is it possible to create homes for the top people? I have created a charming suburb with parks, churches, old houses etc, but still they don't want to go there. Do the amount of police stations and the specific buildings like shops etc. have a part to play in how the AI works out who lives where?
- Is there any chance of creating a patch to allow one-way streets? I think that would add a new dimension to map making, as it would would make things that be more realistic, especially in the case of motorway exits and city centres.
- Are you planning on creating more buildings for the users to build with? With the amount of people (including myself) building maps, there is little need for you to actually create more cities right now. The creators would, I think, prefer more buildings and ploppables with which to work...
- Still am wondering if there is ANY way to increase the length of names given to things.....

Please, try to use this solution, if you can: http://citiesinmotion.ru/download/guids/diag-build-eng

PP, is everything brown for you? Because it was for me too. If so, reinstall. Otherwise, use the erosion tool, which is can be found amongst the terraforming tools. Click on the area you want and push the mouse away or pull it towards you. Et voilà.