• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you can tell me how to do a Sticky, I will :)
Steve, I assume you mean that the planes are not appearing in the editor. If you actually start the game, the animations will start, including planes (assuming you have provided them with runways and taxiways). I tried this earlier and it works.

made airport... 2 terminals, 2 runways, one small and one big. also taxi ways and hangars. still does not show up ingame. i know they are not showing in the editor but in the game !!!! but they are not showing up

picture

http://img546.imageshack.us/i/airport.jpg/

Can somebody tell me the measurement system of the Editor? How much meters is 1 tile road?
And is there a formula inbedded for the peeps of maximum walking distance?

As long as we're talking about the map editor and the manual for it... I have a question about how to use the map editor.

1. How do I make it so that some things (certain forms of transportation, like helicopters and maybe the boat) are not available until a certain year?
2. For that matter, how do I simulate growth of buildings in the editor so that certain areas of the city don't show any buildings until let's say the player hits the year 1965? Or is the user created maps stuck to allowing the user to use everything in the game from 1920 onwards?

A video tutorial series for the editor would be a very helpful thing here Mr or Ms Developer people, very helpful indeed.

Hey, How can I post(upload) a map that is created by me? Do i need to extract the maps file in my CiM directory? Because my map isn't there atm.
If i need to extract it with what program?? Thanks

[Editor] Santa?

So looking through all the buildings and decos available in the map editor I came across a few different things, Military Parades, Protesters, sentries(the military guards) and... Santa...

My question is, I see a point to all of those above expect Santa.

The parade takes over a street for a while, Protesters cause a hold up in traffic, Sentries are just details to military bases. But Santa seems out of place, I can only assume he's just extra detail and nothing more, but I feel like he must do something special, right?

So looking through all the buildings and decos available in the map editor I came across a few different things, Military Parades, Protesters, sentries(the military guards) and... Santa...

My question is, I see a point to all of those above expect Santa.

The parade takes over a street for a while, Protesters cause a hold up in traffic, Sentries are just details to military bases. But Santa seems out of place, I can only assume he's just extra detail and nothing more, but I feel like he must do something special, right?

Maybe he blocks helicopters :-D

Yes, I had problems with the erosion changer too. But that's cause, for some reason, my installation was faulty and I had fully eroded landscapes everywhere. Otherwise, the realisation has dawned that this region I'm doing (it's simply too big to be called a city!) will take a bit of time, but it's all about learning and I'm loving doing it. Have to say that there has been little quite as fulfilling when on the PC in recent years than putting all the buildings etc. in carefully and then letting them come to life! I do have a question though - whenever I try to run the thing from the editor, it defaults to 1920. I have set the start year to 2000 though. Is there a reason for this? Oh, and also, what about road names? Is there a way to ensure they aren't quite a limited in length (I remember Dr. Karl Lueger Ring in the open beta - such a name is not possible in the full version...)?