• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Designing cities with elements from multiple country sets

I now own the entire collection (to date). I started playing around with the Map Editor and I am really enjoying it so far. However, I selected the UK as my country and I am only able to use buildings and design elements from Europe.

Is there some way to access all the buildings and design elements that I am overlooking? I would really like to mix more stuff into this city.

Thanks

Okay, I'm progressing quite a bit now on my map building. Does anybody happen to have a set of American military vehicles (for display purposes only) or aircraft that I can use to place on a military base?

I'm not sure you can get military stuff (their might be 2 or 3 vehicles fairly military), but you can use:

For airprops: http://www.cimexchange.com/index.php?/files/file/328-grounded/
For vehicles, trains, buses, boats: http://www.cimexchange.com/index.php?/files/file/419-transprops-complete/

They are both available as Ready to Play.

Hello all. New GOG user here, and I have a few questions, if anyone is around.

Switching between the map editor and playing the game is frustrating. I would like to be able to add buildings, roads and decorations, and then play for a while, then add more buildings, etc. Is there any way to "save map as city" or "open saved city as map"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
pjm

PS, I hope someone is reading and posting--I feel like I'm in the dark ages here. :)

Hello all. New GOG user here, and I have a few questions, if anyone is around.

Switching between the map editor and playing the game is frustrating. I would like to be able to add buildings, roads and decorations, and then play for a while, then add more buildings, etc. Is there any way to "save map as city" or "open saved city as map"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
pjm

PS, I hope someone is reading and posting--I feel like I'm in the dark ages here. :)

Hi, we are reading most of the time and posting when there's time :)

All the building happens while playing the game and in the editor you can create a map to build the city in. One of the design decisions made early on was to have a clear separation between the editor features and the game itself. However we have added some light landscaping tools to the game side so you can have better control over the visuals of your city.

All the building happens while playing the game and in the editor you can create a map to build the city in. One of the design decisions made early on was to have a clear separation between the editor features and the game itself. However we have added some light landscaping tools to the game side so you can have better control over the visuals of your city.
But is this about Skylines or Cities in Motion? ;)

Reactions:
Heh, sorry, Cities In Motion.

PS, thanks for the quick response.

Oh dear, this thread just popped up in the alerts and I assumed it was about Cities: Skylines. I was wondering that the question felt a bit weird :D But yeah, we're not actively doing anything with Cities in Motion anymore though I really love that game <3

Reactions:
Hi there, in these days I've been playing again at CiM (I always preferred it to CiM2) but I can't remeber how to delete platforms, I mean not the platform stations, but the ones in Miscellaneous, mainly used as river banks or bridge shoulders in the maps. I'm really getting mad with them, as it won't let me build anything over them and they don't seem can be selected in any way.

Hope someone still reads the forum! :D

Hi there, in these days I've been playing again at CiM (I always preferred it to CiM2) but I can't remeber how to delete platforms, I mean not the platform stations, but the ones in Miscellaneous, mainly used as river banks or bridge shoulders in the maps. I'm really getting mad with them, as it won't let me build anything over them and they don't seem can be selected in any way.

Hope someone still reads the forum! :D

Hi, you can delete the concrete platforms by using the bulldozer and pointing at the top of the platform. It's the flat area where people are supposed to walk.

Pasted image at 2016_08_08 14_02.png

Reactions:
Thanks co_martsu, I missed your reply as I haven't been watching the forum for a while, wasn't expeting an answer anymore :D

I feel a bit stupid for how simple was the solution, can't understand why I wasn't able to find it by myself! -thanks again