• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wacko: Ok, is it weird that I actually think this sounds like fun? lol

No, that means that you have great taste!

I'd prefer a game based on Chronicles, but any of the Mutant worlds would be an awesome set for a strategy game!
Are you a swede who actually like Chronicles, or are you from some other strange place (of which existence I have yet to verify)? I thought most people over here hated chronicles (and mildly disliked 2089), while they found Mutant, Mutant 2 & Mutant UA to be some of the best RPGs ever released.
And this is awesome: http://www.svenskbladet.se/uploaded_images/reptilman_klor_mutant_svenskbladet.jpg

I know what it is

A general simulator?
Simulating war campaigns, which you are placed in head of troop formations.
Like, who remembers Rome: TW and how in the tutorial you felt like a general in head of an army, with a mission given to you by the senate, in a big, dinamic campaign world.
The obvious parallel is Mount n Blade, but this is too personal. Not so much riding into battle, and more delegation of authority to subordinates, and employing tactics and training your troops in tactical exercises
More like, Silent Hunter 5, meets Rome: TW, meets Football Manager.

You are a commander, you can be promoted, or sacked.
The action could take at any point in time. You gotta make sure your troops are effective and glorious in the campaign. Outsmart your enemies. Employ direct tactics, or guerrilla, depending on the odds and terrain

An early civilizations (i.e. pre-Greek) strategy game would make me wet my pants.

CK II aready covers the Crusades; EU3 the Napoleonic wars, the Sengoku Jidai in Japan,the Haneseatic league period,colonial wars for the New World etc; Victoria 2 the American Civil War and WW 1,and so on.

As many have said,the only time periods that are yet to be covered include the bronze age,the dark ages of Europe,and post-WW2 scenarios such as the cold war or the modern world. Plus periods of history from that overlap somewhat,such as the warring states of China or the Islamic conquests. Apart from the bronze age RTS game linked to earlier,isn't there also an old Dark Ages game published by Paradox? So I guess that lessens the odds for these two eras somewhat..

If it's going to be a historical grand strategy game I don't think it's going to be set in a period that has already been covered by previous games.

I really hope it's not pre-1900 stuff. So boring.

My guess is something about Napoleon.

For many people that is the appeal, but for many it isn't. I find the idea of a WC astoundingly boring, in fact I've never even played on in any game once I'm unassailable.

Yeah, same here, I just never saw the point. The fun in Paradox games like EU3 for me has always been overcoming the odds to be the strongest in the world, something which would be entirely possible in a post-WW2 setting.

Check out in the upcoming games Crusader Kings II.

Check out your irony detector.

Are you a swede who actually like Chronicles, or are you from some other strange place (of which existence I have yet to verify)? I thought most people over here hated chronicles (and mildly disliked 2089), while they found Mutant, Mutant 2 & Mutant UA to be some of the best RPGs ever released.

I haven't actually played Mutant. I have played chronicles, which I didn't like. However, I think the world it's set in might be fun for a strategy game. The more I think of it, though, I think Mutant might be an awesome setting for a strategy game too. The post-apocalyptic theme has been explored in shooters and RPGs a lot lately, but strategy games haven't gone there. A combination of such a setting with semi-realistic starting conditions but sandbox play like EU3 with elements of Civ. That would be pretty cool.

I hope that it will be the game in which the player is put in the position of the CEO of the Yugo car factory, with a goal to achieve world monopoly and become the only car manufacturer in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.