• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A game based on Mutant (the original game, from the 80's, not Mutant Rymd/Chronicles stuff, please!), where you have to re-build Sweden, from scratch, and protect your kingdom from Scottish badgers! Oh, that would be a glorious game indeed!

Actually Diplomacy was developed in-house (although that may best be forgotten). There used to be a dozen programmers/developers employed by Paradox but I'd assume that this has increased with the new team

Dozen? when? :p

until last summer, we had 3.5 programmers and a total of eight devs. Now we're 15 developers, with 6 programmers.

Dozen? when? :p

until last summer, we had 3.5 programmers and a total of eight devs. Now we're 15 developers, with 6 programmers.

How can you have 3.5 Programmers? o.0

One of them is legless cripple :(

---
(perhaps that scripters are counted as demi-programmers)

A game based on Mutant (the original game, from the 80's, not Mutant Rymd/Chronicles stuff, please!), where you have to re-build Sweden, from scratch, and protect your kingdom from Scottish badgers! Oh, that would be a glorious game indeed!

I'd prefer a game based on Chronicles, but any of the Mutant worlds would be an awesome set for a strategy game!

Oh, and I think Paradox would make awesome football manager games. Sort of like CK, but with football players with various traits and stats. Also, no need to have fancy graphics, which further suits the PI style.

C'mon guys, three 100% guys and one 50%?;)

Perhaps its a new game about European powers colonizing the new World? You don't get to control the European countries themselves but you get to request stuff for exploration and see how your colonies grow and become independent in the following centuries? This could be a good game idea..

:p

Or...

"To the glory that was Greece, and the grandeur that was Rome".

That's a line from a poem called To Helen by Edgar Allen Poe.

So maybe Project Glory is a game about Greek city states?

:wacko: Ok, is it weird that I actually think this sounds like fun? lol

Personally, my favorite would be a dark ages game. I'm a little iffy on a modern day scenario, personally. Don't know how well that would come off. Dunno, might be fine.

I'm going to guess that its a in house cold war game where the goal is to destroy the other world supper power but at the same time trying not to have a all out war which would cause you to lose as well

mind you i willing to bet I'm completely wrong seeing that is just my luck.

ether way i would like to see a game with the description above :)

I think it'll be based on Napoleon era (as well as American independence). I mean, covering the years which EUIII nor Vicky2 can handle properly (a century aprox from mid XVIII to mid XIX).

P.S. But I'd really love a Cold War game :)

A good setting could be from the Peace of Westphalia (1648) all the way up to the start of Victoria 2 (1836).

It could cover the early recognition of national identity, colonial wars, independence movements in colonies, and end with revolutions in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.