Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hint #1

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by EightDeer View Post
    First, the Big Four are the only games in your list actually *developed* by Paradox - Sword of the Stars, Supreme Ruler and Diplomacy were merely *published* by Paradox. Second, isn't PDOX a small company? I remember reading somewhere that they only have about 15-30 employees, not all of whom are programmers. I'd say they are already working their butts off, considering their sizeutput ratio.
    Actually Diplomacy was developed in-house (although that may best be forgotten). There used to be a dozen programmers/developers employed by Paradox but I'd assume that this has increased with the new team
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
    Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...Please be a modern day grand stratagy game...
    yeeees that would be fine

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I still think that this is Paradox's project for... WORLD DOMINATION

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Maybe American invasion of Iraq (the game) = Project Glory

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Planeta Tierra, Sistema Solar, Via Láctea
    From the things proposed here the only one that takes my attention is a game spawning different ages, Civilization style.
    Punishing the oppressors is mercy, forgiving them is barbarism. Maximilien Robespierre
    All the glory of the world fits in a grain of rice. José Martí

ww1

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Cover-based, regenerating health third-person shooter, coming exclusively to the Xbox 360. I bet they've already got some people working on the map packs.

Quote Originally Posted by EightDeer View Post
    First, the Big Four are the only games in your list actually *developed* by Paradox - Sword of the Stars, Supreme Ruler and Diplomacy were merely *published* by Paradox. Second, isn't PDOX a small company? I remember reading somewhere that they only have about 15-30 employees, not all of whom are programmers. I'd say they are already working their butts off, considering their sizeutput ratio.
    i thought supreme ruler and sword of the stars were developed by companies Paradox owns?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Grand strategy game of an era not yet covered by the other games GO!
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (Abandoned due to lack of interest)

The Lone Wolf - AGoT AAR (Finished!)

I'm hoping for a cold war game even though I'm 99% sure it's isn't a cold war game.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
    I'm hoping for a cold war game even though I'm 99% sure it's isn't a cold war game.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think SRCW would be any barrier to releasing such a game. V2 and PoN were both from the PI stable, and SR is a very different game to even the war-focussed games.

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Planeta Tierra, Sistema Solar, Via Láctea
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
    You can be 100% sure.
    Punishing the oppressors is mercy, forgiving them is barbarism. Maximilien Robespierre
    All the glory of the world fits in a grain of rice. José Martí

It will be a game based on Imperialism! (i hope, god how i love that game)

55 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Ancient Greece?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I'm really hoping for an ancient game, focusing on Egypt (my favorite historical period), Sumer, Babylon, Hatti, etc. Covering China and India as well would be cool but difficult, so the map would presumably go from Italy to the Indus with the middle east in the center, and from the Crimea to Ethiopia. However knowing Paradox and its typical west-centrism, an ancient game will be set later on, focusing on Greece vs. Persia, and central Asia and Nubia will be traded out in favor of the oh-so-interesting tribes of northern and western Europe.

American Civil War, war for independence and all that maybe..

I'd love to see a modern-day strategy game as mentioned around. From end of WW2 up to past today? 1945-2045 :P

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by marionette View Post
    ww1
    Oh yes god!
    Please WW1, PLEEEASEE!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hope to God it's not a Cold War game. The big appeal of Paradox games is painting the world in your country's colour. The problem with a CW game is that everyone dies and it's game over if the two power blocs go to war. Funding proxies to fight the other guy's proxies for you in a miserable third-world country isn't the same.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Project glory.......Glory for Ulm........hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram_Maxim View Post
    I hope to God it's not a Cold War game. The big appeal of Paradox games is painting the world in your country's colour. The problem with a CW game is that everyone dies and it's game over if the two power blocs go to war. Funding proxies to fight the other guy's proxies for you in a miserable third-world country isn't the same.
    For many people that is the appeal, but for many it isn't. I find the idea of a WC astoundingly boring, in fact I've never even played on in any game once I'm unassailable.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast