Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hint #1

Hearts of Iron III

Alpha Centauri RTS?
    Deus Ex fans are insane. I know because I'm one of them. If Deus Ex 3 isn't exactly the same as Deus Ex 1, possibly with slightly prettier graphics and more fluid animation, we will go batshit. I might mail someone my left ear. I'm getting angry just thinking about the notion of a game that isn't Deus Ex to the letter. We're all like this, Deus Ex broke our brain in some fundamental way that renders us unable to appreciate anything else without that dark caveat lurking at the back of our minds: "This isn't Deus Ex." Crysis isn't Deus Ex. Stalker isn't Deus Ex. Bioshock isn't Deus Ex. Deus Ex 2 isn't Deus Ex. When Jesus Christ himself returns to save every one of our souls, there'll be a grouchy huddle of pallid nerds muttering "Eh, he's no Deus Ex." -Tom Francis

[Note to self - get new signature]

I for one believe there are not many periods left for a new game. Bronze age or Dark ages are not well suited for a grand strategy game. So I actually would guess a game that takes place in an already covered period, but focusing on another aspect of gameplay.

Generally Accepted as #1 Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    I'd love a MDS game where you have to maneuvre the diplomatic scene of modern politics and international institutions with a very occasional war.
    Yeah me too.

wishes for a WWI game Affenklaus's Avatar

Project Glory sounds a lot like a game in the Middle Ages but then again CK is covering parts of this time so it's probably unlikely.
    An ancient Greek/Hellenistic game would be nice - fighting the Peloponnesian War, leading the Greeks to domination over Persia, ... - but I think this is highly unlikely, too, as a game in this setting would probably sell way too bad.
    I'd also like a post-WWII (sandbox-)game.

Probably most of all I want to see a proper WWI game (I doubt Clausewitz is the right engine for HoI-like wargames though, as I never really enjoyed a HoI3 campaign so far. But I would be glad to be proven wrong by this game or the upcoming HoI3 addon ).

I really, really (really!) hope it's not an ACW nor a fantasy game, could live with a science fiction game, though.
    "It is not in swaddling-bands that we learn to walk. It is not in the dark that we learn to distinguish colours. It is not under oppression that we learn how to use freedom." - Thomas Babington Macaulay

A grand strategy game that covers the period 434 - 1066?

If not, I hope for a Nomadic Wenches Dating Simulator.
    Every empire will fall
    Every monument crumble
    Forgotten men who watch the centuries

Project Glory. You start off as a 14 year old programming games on a clapped out PC (Or on extra hard level an old Sinclair Spectrum) and have to slowly build up to create a leading strategy game software house. (You score extra points for every DLC package you sale )
    Major General Francis De Guingand
    Field Marshal Montgomery’s Chief of Staff

After we broke out of Normandy all supply had to come from the beaches or be carried by air, and that restricted the amount of supplies that could be given to the Army Groups and they found often they couldn’t do what they wanted through lack of supplies.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sooo many options that I can't even bother starting to guess.

I'm waiting!
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    It's a gaelic football management sim set in the Roman era
    Take out the Roman bit and I would definitely buy that. Paradox, make it so!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabezaestufa
    Looking forward playing against Djurgården in the Champions League final and trying to defeat the unbeatable Swedish in the World cup
    I admit it, I laughed aloud at that. Well done sir
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Sci-Fi

I want to terraform mars and have long time plans for Venus

C
    Frontnytt, 12+ player 36 scenario
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=374654

Oldie, First attempt at MP AAR: Royal backstab
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=200938

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Will it be an Hanseatic League game?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Whatever it is I think I'm going to love it as I wouldn't mind a game set in any of the time-periods that are available and not covered by the other games.

A game set in the ancient world (I mean really ancient: with a map stretching from celtic Europe to early China; Egypt,Babylon,Assyria,and the sea peoples fighting for power in the fertile crescent,for instance!) would be incredible,but also very unlikely. Likely and also very welcome would be a game set in the modern world: picking up from where HoI left off. Don't think it will be a game covering a narrow period of history or a regionalized conflict.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Paradox Patrician? Interesting concept
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Do want.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

A move into the portable game market? Grand strategy on the go?

Quote Originally Posted by Seli View Post
    No!!

Always PC!
    Every empire will fall
    Every monument crumble
    Forgotten men who watch the centuries

Quote Originally Posted by Seli View Post
    As much as that would be awesome, I don't think this will be it. Johan said it'll be a completely new game; probably that means it's not a portable version of one of the existing games.
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

I think it's a modern day game.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes a new in house game!

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold500k club

Planeta Tierra, Sistema Solar, Via Láctea
    Glory sounds medieval... well... it can't be medieval.
    All the glory of the world fits in a grain of rice. José Martí
    Rapper, I am like a book, you never will touch me. Melow

Paradox relly need to start making more games itself.

Aside from the Big Four, Sword of the Stars, Supreme Ruler, Diplomacy and (maybe) Master of Orion 4 and a few simulations, Paradox hasnt really got that many games.

I'm thinking either:
    1) A modern day/near future game from 1947-2200
    2) A 666 year dark age Europa Universalis from 400AD to 1066AD
    3) A Fantasy strategy game
    4) A Sci-Fi Strategy game
    5) A Sci-Fi RPG
    6) A Fantasy RPG

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast