Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Wow this game is so unstable!

  1. #21
    I've had this game for a day and a half and i am noticing- maybe it's the graphic's card or whatever seizes up and just freezes and then restarts.
    It's happened twice.

  2. #22
    This sounds like your graphics card is not supported. Do you use a laptop? What's your graphics card?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixitur View Post
    This sounds like your graphics card is not supported. Do you use a laptop? What's your graphics card?
    ATI raedon HD 3400 series

  4. #24
    Wizard Headmaster zenstar's Avatar
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,428
    wintersky: do you have any heat monitoring software?
    Is the CPU / GPU overheating at all?

  5. #25
    heat isn't necessary an issue. Game is known for crashing DRIVERS, which meens it just has some bad commands in the engine. If the picture stops, then resumes again that's likely your drivers being restored.

    I meen even heating problem is still likely to be the software side issue, not the hardware one. The game really handles the drivers bad, and may result overheating like this too.

    Why don't you instead mentor them? Teach them what you know and maybe get a cut of their total earnings for the services offered?
    I'm living very far away. The only way I can work for them anyway would be provided the full sources. And no developer would ever do that.
    Besides, I would ask a lot of money. Really. I have no problem in working in the game industry, but fixing errors in someone else's code, while I wasn't there when it was actually written - would be a headache. I doubt they'd let me even if I was living in their town and suggested the help too. Too much pride IMO.

    Are you ever going to register your game Akumetsu?
    No. Don't wanna bother, and it's long deleted anyway coz it seems unsafe to play it now (all those drivers issues). I don't owe you anything anyway, stop pushing on that side. It's not even remotely important. If you think I downloaded it and all - you have full rights to do so, and I won't stop you. Even if it was so - It wouldn't meen a thing. I notice bugs, I criticize bugs, I even say what I think should be done to fix them. It wouldn't change if I was playing cracked exe or real one. So why do you need it? Simply to "trust" me? Well you may as well think me a thief, and it wouldn't change the degree of truth in my words. So stop asking it in every post, I will not do it.

    I have been in some beta programs before. You have a debug build, with lots of logs and whatnot. Just that you sell the non-debug build to retail, as it's faster and not intimidating to players.
    Yes, all true, but magicka NEEDS debug build (which I was talking about earlyer). It's like beta anyway. Some betas are even more stable. Have it done for now, and then when all sorted out - remove it.

    Note, I am not in the Magicka beta, and I do not know how Arrowhead programs/what they use. I would only assume that they have an internal build with debug set to "verbose" or something like that.
    I don't think they had beta. I think they debug it from source, but who knows?

    I generally have a lot or stability issues with a wide range of games - but in terms of general stability, Magicka have been beyond stable.
    I'm happy for you, but your nickname is very good to answer your post.
    Thing is not that someone has it all right. EVERYONE should have. That's the point. I didn't ever said that there's no players who experienced no problems. They are, and a lot. At the same time, a lot of those who bought it and couldn't play it, or someone couldn't even RUN it. Some of them have bad hardware - yes. But not too bad, and again - I know people who play on GT6x, so the requirements are way higher than they really are. And THAT's ne problem.
    Last edited by Akumetsu; 25-02-2011 at 12:49.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumetsu View Post
    The last patch just RIPPED ch3 of the game, and no one gives a damn!
    You do realize that the starting point for chapter 3 was modified in a config file, right? Right?

    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...0&postcount=12

    It's called a simple mistake.

    If I don't praise dhe devs it's the wrong tone, right?
    It's when you come across as arrogant and antagonistic that you get people annoyed with you.

  7. #27
    You are NOT a programmer as you have no patience and it looks like its a problem with your drivers ive been running tests all day on my display driver no crashes, restarts, or freezes. Also remember what its programmed on XNA its a power hog i'd have to say. Most of the game breaking bugs have been fixed and other bugs are being squashed next time be a bit more patient its annoying seeing threads like these where the devs are working hard and you're complaining.

  8. #28
    Wizard Headmaster zenstar's Avatar
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,428
    I think this thread has pretty much played itself out. Can we let it die and not start up any more arguments?

  9. #29
    You are NOT a programmer as you have no patience
    I have patience. I'm not running around screaming "Give me my money back" and not telling I'm through with the stupid game. I'm waiting it fixed, and meanwhile posting on forums.

    it looks like its a problem with your drivers ive been running tests all day on my display driver no crashes, restarts, or freezes
    Aha, Lot's of people, me included, SUDDENLY have problems with one single game, while anything else runs smooth and good, and the reason is CERTAINLY our drivers, and not the single game in the world that makes them crash. Because someone has no problems, therefore the game is stable as a rock, and it's our PC's that work wrong. Do you think what you are saying before doing so? I'd recomend you to do so in future.
    Moreover, you don't even know what drivers or device I'm running on. What good of your "testing"
    Also remember what its programmed on XNA
    wich has build-in framework for device management and will not crash anything unless you do something stupid with it (as it was in Pratchett: "Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time")
    Most of the game breaking bugs have been fixed and other bugs are being squashed next time be a bit more patient its annoying seeing threads like these where the devs are working hard and you're complaining.
    They should have worked hard BEFORE releasing the game, and now I have full rights to complain and point out their flaws. Or do you think that poor hard-working devs need YOUR protection against my unfair accusations? Give it a break, if you are happy with how your game works - simply don't write/read this topic. I'm not happy. And it's stupid trying to convince me otherwise or making me stop writing just because you are annoyed.

    You do realize that the starting point for chapter 3 was modified in a config file, right? Right?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...0&postcount=12
    It's called a simple mistake.
    it's a "simple mistake" for a school level kid who programs on delphi his first project. It's an awfull noobish FAIL to the developer even Arrowhead's level. And the fact that hotfix wasn't released IMMEDIATELY (even by now, as I presume, it's still ain't there) - is unforgivable attitude.
    Last edited by Akumetsu; 26-02-2011 at 13:05.

  10. #30
    First Lieutenant =Mike='s Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumetsu View Post
    I have patience. I'm not running around screaming "Give me my money back" and not telling I'm through with the stupid game. I'm waiting it fixed, and meanwhile posting on forums.
    To most people this isn't surprising - they aren't convinved you've bought the game. Simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akumetsu View Post
    Aha, Lot's of people, me included, SUDDENLY have problems with one single game, while anything else runs smooth and good, and the reason is CERTAINLY our drivers, and not the single game in the world that makes them crash. Because someone has no problems, therefore the game is stable as a rock, and it's our PC's that work wrong. Do you think what you are saying before doing so? I'd recomend you to do so in future.
    Moreover, you don't even know what drivers or device I'm running on. What good of your "testing"
    So what was the latest version you tried? You said it is long ago uninstalled... Did you ever post your Diag output? Did you ever say what you are running it on? Do you know whether the things causing you issues are fixed or are you not reporting them? Maybe no-one has reported the issue you've had, yet maybe thousands experience it? Surely the mature, and reasonable, and responsible, thing to do would be to post the exact issue you had along with the Diag output? If you've done all that and it's still not fixed, then Just that you say you uninstalled, so perhaps yours is now working? (doesn't mitigate your views of programming competence, but...).

    As for saying it is explicitly the game causing a crash of Graphics Drivers - this isn't necessarily accurate. It doesn't mean that the game isn't responsible - but it doesn't mean that there are other potential causes too...after all, an internet search reveals dozens of game players reporting issues with ATI cards and crashed graphics drivers

    For the original poster, whilst I understand the frustration at present - give it a few months perhaps and try again? I know that isn't a solution, but at the same time, if you consider $10 lost then you've nothing to lose trying in the future when it is hopefully patched up and working for you
    Last edited by =Mike=; 26-02-2011 at 15:32.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumetsu View Post
    They should have worked hard BEFORE releasing the game
    You don't think they did?

    it's a "simple mistake" for a school level kid who programs on delphi his first project. It's an awfull noobish FAIL to the developer even Arrowhead's level. And the fact that hotfix wasn't released IMMEDIATELY (even by now, as I presume, it's still ain't there) - is unforgivable attitude.
    The developers are 'noobs' as you've pointed out--you've obviously never worked in a crunch situation have you? In your lily white tower, everyone has time to plan and test their code so thoroughly that bugs cannot possibly exist--never mind the nearly endless permutations code with relatively few decision points brings, nevermind a full fledged game. Another point you fail to grasp. I bet every game you own has been patched at least once.

    I've seen too many pirates piss and moan about a game they never bought--if you want to convince people you paid to whine on the forums, prove it.

  12. #32
    I want you to program a game that has no bugs whats so ever, I'm not peeved at you complaining about the game its how you act like the developers are incompetent. And if the game's crashing update your drivers then post a crash log to the devs. Just please stop trying to act so high and mighty and that the devs are new are programming cause they aren't.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts