• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The independent Trieste + Istria is a free country or just a puppet/military occupation?

Trieste is a political entity (a puppet of United Kingdom or France, haven't decided) and Istria is just a demilitarized zone controlled by Austria.

@jamhaw, Indeed, India is still a British colony. But quite shortly after starting the game an event chain begins and leads in most cases to big colonial rebellions. The event is related to the fact that Britain ignores China and holds onto its Chinese colonies.

So, how is the mod progressing? I hope that it won't be cancelled, I'm really looking forward to play this.

So, how is the mod progressing? I hope that it won't be cancelled, I'm really looking forward to play this.
Dunno as I don't have much contact with the mod leader. I have however assigned around 600 different military leaders and politicians to different Chinese warlords so that's some progress.

I can volunteer to do events and other stuff that needs doing(Such as research). Have you seen my mod A World To Win? I too was inspired by Kaiserreich.

One thing I see kind of strange with this mod is this: If the Civil War in Russia was delayed until 1926, then what ever happened to Lenin(as he died in 1924) If he does die before the Civil War, that would radically affect the outcome of the Russia Civil War. Possibly his disciple Trotsky took up the reigns of the Bolshevik Party?

I know it is kind of long and complex, but one book I recommend reading is The Bolsheviks in Power, to get a better understanding of the historical Russian Civil War. Delaying the Civil War was nigh impossible by 1917 post-October Revolution Russia as both the Petrograd Soviet(Council) and the Provisional-Government-in-exile were already directly engaging each other in fierce street to street fighting in Petrograd as well as Moscow. How will you avoid this. As even if you delay the October Revolution, both the Petrograd Soviet and Provisional Government were already at the breaking point when it came to maintaing peace. One side or the other was bound to attack the other.

Interesting that Anarchism becomes more dominate in this TL. How so? if Bolshevism did not fail in this TL, then what led to an increase in Anarchist thought and revolutions?

One little interesting tidbit about Bolshevism is its apparent ability to "lead the revolution" rather well during the revolution(we all know what happened after though...). The problem with Anarchism is its tendency to lack any organization save small groups. How will they become organized enough to overthrow entire governments? Mass mob actions/protests? General Strikes?

Saw this on the Wiki:

Japan and China demand the British colonies, but Britain refuses to hand them over. Japan and China are planning a unified front in case a war is necessary to drive Britain out of Asia.

BLASPHEMY :p

Maybe could Tuore now return to the Dark Years? (I love it)

Dark Years is dead; very, very, dead. It says so right on the Dark Years forum. It would be nice to get a post from Tuore on the status of this mod; if it's dead I'd like to know now so I stop hoping it comes back.

Dark Years is dead; very, very, dead. It says so right on the Dark Years forum. It would be nice to get a post from Tuore on the status of this mod; if it's dead I'd like to know now so I stop hoping it comes back.

That is why I want it very much being revived, I loved it in those HTTT days, and with DW it would be more awesome.

Yay, thread got revived :p