+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2.4.6 download/feedback thread.

Okay I havent been playing this game well yet it is the best . I've had military misadventures in Egypt and the Netherlands and faced off with the UK and Prussia. The Jacobins are running about nicely too.

This is a detail, but the 4% capitalist for max research efficency is absolutely huge. To call even 2% of the population now capitalist would be a stretch, much less in this time period. That should be brought down to 1% and the crats brought to 4 or 5%, seeing as it would up the cost of running a proper state as well as be realistic for the number of hats we're making that POP wear.

Life needs still a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    If we're still having problems with pops meeting their life needs, that might very well be the cause.
    It's 1875 and Japan's population is 2.19 M. Korea's is 1.53 M. China's is 46 M and even with the TPG, it's barely 70 M. Russia's is 15 M.

I can't remember what's standard, but those numbers seem really low to me.

*EDIT* Korea's starting population is 2.34, which means it dropped by about 35% over the course of 40 years. Even factoring in emigration, that seems like a rather steep decline.

In any case, I've spent about 4 hours more playing than I intended today, so I'm turning off the game. I hope my observations helped.
    Last edited by KaiserBenjamin; 21-02-2011 at 02:08.

This is from 2.4.5 but I'm seeing a strong correlation between China having angry revolters and the entire economy going into the shitter. Playing as Colombia and every time revolts start happening in China, all my goddamn factories die. Very irritating when you drop from pre-GP (waiting on Spain's six month period to end) to #11 all because of some hurf durf a few thousand miles away.

Then there's the opium stuff, which definitely needs its impact lowered. I think dividing the effects by 4 is a good start, since so many provinces have it.

As was said above, if you conquer parts of the USCA and then Guatemala chooses to fight, they end up in a perma war. Revolution everywhere, madness and mayhem. Raping China is definitely a no-no, since it apparently screws up the whole friggen game.

edit: Also, my people apparently have shit permanently exploding out of their anuses, what with all the cholera epidemics. It's worse than the goddamn Oregon Trail. Might explain the state of my factories though, since I have a feeling it's difficult to work in a factory where everyone is knee deep in their own watery feces.

edit2: Can we have a new event, called World Record For Most Shit Ever Shitted. that fires on a long mtth if you've got, say, 20 provinces with cholera? Maybe have it add 5 prestige.
    Last edited by Aeon221; 21-02-2011 at 02:20.

"To move your unit, use left click to select it, then right click where you want it to go."
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"I'm old and fat and I smell like cabbage. But then, so do you!"
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jakius View Post
    This is a detail, but the 4% capitalist for max research efficency is absolutely huge. To call even 2% of the population now capitalist would be a stretch, much less in this time period. That should be brought down to 1% and the crats brought to 4 or 5%, seeing as it would up the cost of running a proper state as well as be realistic for the number of hats we're making that POP wear.
    You're not supposed to be aiming to get the maximum number of Capis for RP level. It's like with clerks - it's set high so that more always gives a better result, without you really aiming for it. In fact, it's mostly just a device for making Britain research better, as it tends to lose all of it's clerks to capihood in the early part of the game, which is a major reason it lags behind the other GPs.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Actually yes, Cholera needs to be brought down big time. And the aristocrats are still too big pushovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon221 View Post
    This is from 2.4.5 but I'm seeing a strong correlation between China having angry revolters and the entire economy going into the shitter. Playing as Colombia and every time revolts start happening in China, all my goddamn factories die. Very irritating when you drop from pre-GP (waiting on Spain's six month period to end) to #11 all because of some hurf durf a few thousand miles away.

Then there's the opium stuff, which definitely needs its impact lowered. I think dividing the effects by 4 is a good start, since so many provinces have it.

As was said above, if you conquer parts of the USCA and then Guatemala chooses to fight, they end up in a perma war. Revolution everywhere, madness and mayhem. Raping China is definitely a no-no, since it apparently screws up the whole friggen game.

edit: Also, my people apparently have shit permanently exploding out of their anuses, what with all the cholera epidemics. It's worse than the goddamn Oregon Trail. Might explain the state of my factories though, since I have a feeling it's difficult to work in a factory where everyone is knee deep in their own watery feces.

edit2: Can we have a new event, called World Record For Most Shit Ever Shitted. that fires on a long mtth if you've got, say, 20 provinces with cholera? Maybe have it add 5 prestige.
    I agree with everything you said. I also laughed for quite a while over your cholera observation. Astute and hilarious!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I think I'll need to go in and change the Spanish Flu event. The way it worked is that its MTTH is lowered a great deal if any neighboring country has the pandemic flu modifier... but even with a large MTTH all that's required is for one country to get it and it quickly spreads. And I think what's happening is the flu is making its way to other countries and then eventually coming back to you shortly after your modifier expires.

That was clearly the original intention behind the event (to simulate a pandemic), but I think we'd either need to limit it to one pandemic per game (ie. set a global so a country doesn't get it again) or just get rid of the spread modifier and make it a one-time event.

The Cholera event, though, isn't in the Diseases file I touched. Not sure where that is.

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

The Cholera event, though, isn't in the Diseases file I touched. Not sure where that is.
    It's in Liberal Revolutions.txt, or was recently. Yeah, I don't know. Just look.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistletooth View Post
    It's in Liberal Revolutions.txt, or was recently. Yeah, I don't know. Just look.
    Ah, there we go. Odd place for it.

I see what the issue is. For a country event, its MTTH isn't that high-- if nobody's getting their needs, you're looking at getting the event within 9 years or so (medicine is supposed to slow this down-- but then, in the triggers, evidently eliminates the event entirely... not sure which one it's supposed to be). Regardless, whenever it happens you then switch to the cholera spreads event, which is a province event and has a fairly short MTTH (and no adjustments for # of provinces).

So, yeah, that could get a little spammy whenever the initializing event finally fires. The root of the problem is, of course, nobody meeting their life needs... but this should probably be changed, as well.
    Last edited by Rylock; 21-02-2011 at 23:18.

I played a game up to 1860 this afternoon, but I was running it hands-free in the background much of the time, so I may have missed some things.
    • As others have noted the mod is rapidly adding an extra "o" to its name; every province in Colombia had cholera throughout the 1840s, and I was frequently spammed with messages. Same for the flu. I think I had 5 pandemics. This is all with getting medicine ASAP.
    • Angry rioters are destroying the uncivs on a regular basis. Korea, Siam, the Japanese minors, and the SE Asian states were regularly flooded with huge stacks of them.
    • Not much rebel activity in Europe, however. Oddly the only major uprising during the SoN was in the Netherlands, where mega-stacks of both Jacobins and Reactionaries covered the core provinces. Maybe we should make them an either-or sort of thing, or is that impossible?
    • Russia maintained GP status! Although this may have more to do with Sardinia and Sicily being slower to industrialize than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaol View Post
    [*]Not much rebel activity in Europe, however. Oddly the only major uprising during the SoN was in the Netherlands, where mega-stacks of both Jacobins and Reactionaries covered the core provinces. Maybe we should make them an either-or sort of thing, or is that impossible?
    It would be possible to stick in a "num_of_revolts" check in the will_rise part of the script, to make it far less likely for there to be multiple revolts at once.

Me, I think they should fight.

Cholera and potato blight are both part of liberal revolution event chains, and so kinda need to happen before the liberal revolution has finished. Since almost everyone has medicine by 1850, it shouldn't be a problem anyway. Cholera spreads should require a neighbouring province to have cholera, and so a low MTTH is actually very important.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

It would be possible to stick in a "num_of_revolts" check in the will_rise part of the script, to make it far less likely for there to be multiple revolts at once.

Me, I think they should fight.
    That would be nice. Currently, however, they happily combine forces to besiege provinces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Cholera and potato blight are both part of liberal revolution event chains, and so kinda need to happen before the liberal revolution has finished. Since almost everyone has medicine by 1850, it shouldn't be a problem anyway. Cholera spreads should require a neighbouring province to have cholera, and so a low MTTH is actually very important.
    The problem is, once it starts, it spreads like wildfire, till the whole nation is covered, and it doesn't seem to ever go away. 3 flu pandemics, and every province with cholera for an entire decade seems too much, and from what I can tell this is the norm with the current MTTHs.

Yeah, need to shift that MTTH back up to 120ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Might also want to consider having the MTTH a bit higher and just lower it if the liberal revolution is underway, then. I'd also suggest adding the check for medicine onto the Cholera Spreads event, since it's on the main event. So once cholera begins to spread it can be stopped with medicine later.

#End of The Liberal Revolution Part 2
    country_event = {
    title = "EVTNAME10050"
    desc = "EVTDESC10050"
    picture = "Riot"

id = 10050

trigger = {
    NOT = {
    has_country_flag = had_liberal_revolution
    }
    OR = {
    AND = {
    NOT = {
    has_country_modifier = springtime_of_nations
    }
    has_country_flag = liberal_revolution_fired
    NOT = {
    num_of_revolts = 1
    }
    }

AND = {
    OR = {
    has_country_flag = liberal_revolution_in_progress
    has_country_flag = liberal_revolution_fired
    }
    vote_franschise = universal_weighted_voting
    vote_franschise = universal_voting
    NOT = {
    num_of_revolts = 1
    }
    }
    }
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
    months = 12
    }

option = {
    name = "EVTOPTA10050"
    any_owned = {
    limit = {
    is_colonial = no
    }
    any_pop = {
    scaled_militancy = {
    ideology = liberal
    factor = -6
    }
    scaled_consciousness = {
    ideology = liberal
    factor = -4
    }
    }
    }
    remove_country_modifier = global_liberal_agitation
    clr_country_flag = liberal_revolution_fired
    clr_country_flag = liberal_revolution_in_progress
    set_country_flag = had_liberal_revolution
    prestige = 25
    }
    }
    Given the above conditions, is it possible for any nation that gets the Age of Liberalism AFTER 1855 to ever get rid of Liberal Agitation without switching to Universal Weighted? The flag "liberal_revolution_fired" is only set by Springtime of Nations, which doesn't fire after 1854, and can only fire if the Age of Liberalism fires before 1855, which requires literacy be at 30%. This could be keeping late literates from ever getting rid of Agitation without expanding their franchise. If they keep collapsing before Reactionaries and Communists, the cycle isn't ever going to break.

1845 in my latest game (a different one from the one above). Sweden this time, just testing how the latest mod works with a well-off nation.

At present, it isn't working at all. Ouch. My population has been plummeting for a couple of years now, and taking a little look at the rest of the world's population, the numbers all look a little smaller than they should be. Gonna call this game officially unplayable.

:| I seem to have had the almost same exact conditions, prestige wise and time wise, but I have yet to have any supply problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistletooth View Post
    1845 in my latest game (a different one from the one above). Sweden this time, just testing how the latest mod works with a well-off nation.

At present, it isn't working at all. Ouch. My population has been plummeting for a couple of years now, and taking a little look at the rest of the world's population, the numbers all look a little smaller than they should be. Gonna call this game officially unplayable.
    That's really odd, I didn't see any mass-starvation in this version. Could it be that something went wrong with the extraction and you still have 2.4.5 files?

Given the above conditions, is it possible for any nation that gets the Age of Liberalism AFTER 1855 to ever get rid of Liberal Agitation without switching to Universal Weighted? The flag "liberal_revolution_fired" is only set by Springtime of Nations, which doesn't fire after 1854, and can only fire if the Age of Liberalism fires before 1855, which requires literacy be at 30%. This could be keeping late literates from ever getting rid of Agitation without expanding their franchise. If they keep collapsing before Reactionaries and Communists, the cycle isn't ever going to break.
    This happened to me in my Haiti game. But I figured it was just part of the mod. That's definitely something that needs fixin'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast