+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: File Swap Thread II - Revenge of the file swap thread.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Finished off another two folders (that was a lot quicker then South America), here's...

* Japan (just Japan and it's Islands)
    * Asia (this contains Indo-China, Korea and most of the other parts of Asia that aren't in other folders)

Attachment 54647

I'm afraid this will screw Korea's economy up somewhat, since most of the mining RGO provinces are now Farmlands and the farming RGOs are now mostly Hills or Woods (but this setup is much more accurate). So you may want to rejig the resources there somewhat.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle

Ok, done terrain corrections for the Central Asia folder (it includes the Arabian Peninsula, the Levant, Iraq, Iran and the Central Asian countries). That's now 75% of all the game's provinces done.

Attachment 54703

Note that I also changed some of the provinces in Egypt and Sudan around and have included them in a separate Africa folder (just overwrite), since I was clearly being too lenient in making those Western Egyptian provinces into Hills as they're really much more inhospitable then that (they are hilly deserts IRL) and I thought I was actually too mean to make Aswan and Northern Sudan Desert, since the Nile runs through those provinces there is some potential for farming (so I made them Steppe).

A few other things I noticed while going through the files...

* Are the life ratings in Saudi Arabia meant to be so low (10)? There doesn’t seem to be any consistency with this, some desert provinces, like Kaf, get 35 life rating, while others, like Riyadh get's only 10.

* I discovered that there are two copies of the province files for 1288 - Karachi and 1289 - Sukkur (one set in the India folder and the other in the Central Asia folder). They have slightly different information in them as well, this could cause issues, I'd recommend either deleting them or making sure they always have exactly the same data in them.

Here are the terrain changes for China...

Attachment 54915

Since this is one of the most important areas of the game, here's a before and after shot of what the terrains look like:

China in Vanilla (Click here for full sized image)

China with terrain modifications (Click here for full sized image)

As you can see, I've significantly increased the area of mountain and hill terrains in Western and Southern China (it's actually one of the most mountainous and hilly countries in the world) and increased the number of Farmland provinces in the fertile lowlands (they also have one of the largest areas of arable land in the world), as well as properly representing the Gobi desert and steppe regions of the North. This is a much more realistic setup, although I'm sure it will cause some imbalances in the economy.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

So here's what revamp of the election events I could do. Included:

* Update to how the national election events work-- includes an initialization event as well as an election-ending event that properly removes the leader trait if the government has changed.

* Added new national election events to deal with social liberals, child labor, war and slavery.

* Updated all nations that begin as democracies so they don't immediately get the "Conservatives Win Elections!" event.

* Removed the Repay Debts CB.

* Reduced Lebanon to one tag.

* Edited Treaty of London decision so it's only useable when Belgium is also at peace.

* Added localization for the RGO Spread Event modifiers.

added upto here.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

* Split up British Columbia (into Columbia and New Caledonia), Ontario (into Upper Canada and Northern Ontario) and Quebec (into Lower Canada and Northern Quebec). The regions are renamed at appropriate times (British Columbia when it is organized as a colony around 1866 and both Ontario and Quebec when Canada is formed).

* Revised how Canadian confederation works. Canada now starts off with cores only on Upper Canada, Quebec only with cores on Lower Canada. Canadian cores can extend to Lower Canada after the "Lord Durham's Report" event (following the Rebellions of 1837, another event added) and to the Maritimes after the "Charlottetown Conference" event. When Canada is released, it's only with those cores. Rupert's Land can be acquired through an event several years later (and will come with all provinces remaining as colonial, unlike previously) and British Columbia can also petition to join. Quebec, the Maritime Union and Columbia will all eventually be released on their own if they don't become part of Canada and have separate decisions to either offer to join Canada or the USA depending on circumstances.

* Added new Canadian events for the Rebellions of 1837 (as noted above), the forming of the RCMP and the building of the Canadian National Railway.

* The USA can now only activate the Commodore Perry decision if it holds provinces on the Pacific coast.

* Fixed the "Form Baltic States" event so the other states are properly annexed.

* Fixed the Alternative ACW event, which was duplicating an event ID elsewhere.

* Fixed the Kimberley Gold Rush event so it won't repeat.

* Changed Yemen to Bedouin primary culture and Asir to Mashriqi primary culture.

* Fixed an entry in the adjacencies file which was linking Gibraltar to a sea province instead of a land province. Not sure what effect that would have, but it shouldn't have been there regardless.

added
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

* Added the amendments to the economic events.

* Turned the Treaty of London into an event chain (so Luxembourg doesn't become independent without Belgium knowing what's happened, or had a chance to refuse).

* Fixed the "Form South Africa" and "Treaty of Veerniging" decisions.

* The "Treaty of Heligoland" now requires Germany to have a colony in Africa-- not any colony.

* Added Sardinia (to provide South Italians on the island a rebel core, particularly for when they're taken over by Austria or some other non-Italian nation) and Savoy (along with a decision for Sardinia-Piedmont to turn into Savoy if it loses Sardinia).

* Fixed the "Become Flanders" and "Become Wallonia" decision so they gain cores on their former other half.

* A vassal will now no longer refuse the Panama Canal Treaty event.

* Fixed the "Opposition to the Bakufu" event so it ignores Bonin.

* Adjusted some of the Liberal Revolutions events so they are a bit less harsh on the German minors, and focus more on consciousness than militancy.

* If Russia cancels the sale of Alaska, they gain cores on all of Alaska.

* Fixed the uses of "months = -1" (it doesn't work the same as "duration = -1", instead applying the CB for 1 year).

* Fixed the "Western Territories" event for the USA so it can be used repeatedly to demand cores from a sphered Mexico.

* Moved Faizabad into the Pashtunistan region.

EDIT: re-uploaded the .rar, since I accidentally included an old localization file.
    Last edited by Rylock; 19-06-2012 at 06:54.

added

Smaller update this time:

* Added the new alternate Treaty of London event if Belgium should occupy Amsterdam before Netherlands fires the decision.

* Amended the Assimilation Troubles events so they'll more or less work, but only for the New World. Changed them to country events.

* Changed the Austrian/Ottoman autonomy events so they fire off a public event (thus visible to the player) and happen less often under Prussian Constitutionalism.

* Changed the Colonial Uprising events to require the country to be civilized.

* Fix to the Ansei Purge decision for Shogunate Japan.

added. I suppose I should probably put out a new update; I'm going to have to go offline for a few weeks once I move my computer over to the new house, so I'd best get the economy into shape again.

Ry, you'll probably have to take over for a couple of releases. Just do events and decisions, don't worry about deploying the new terrain stuff (if Hib even has it finished over the next month, it's pretty ambitious), and I'll keep updating the other stuff while I'm offline.

Last event stuff before I head off to San Diego:

* Change Oranje and Transvaal liberal government to be anti-military instead of pacifist (as this is what they're likely to become)

* Beefed up the Muhammad Ali's Reforms modifier a little

* Added some militancy to Egypt should it surrender to the Ottomans (they didn't get any previously)

* Moved the removal of Hungarian cores from Croatia to the Dual Monarchy decision

* If Schleswig-Holstein rebels from Denmark before the crisis event fires, Denmark will claim Schleswig and start the crisis early

* Japanese daimyo countries will now unite with Japan if they are sphered (or sphered by the same country that has sphered Japan)

* Russia now takes Port Arthur first after an Unequal Treaty in the same way that the UK takes Hong Kong

* Fixed the uses of any_pop in the election event triggers

* The USA will now demand the Mexican territories regardless of whether it has Mexico in its sphere, but not after the ACW has fired

* Removed the obsolete Galicia cores

* Improved Austrian and Prussian beginning relations from +100 to +150

* Added the missing localizations, including the new inventions

* Extended the impassable Himalayan area slightly north so China isn't invading Afghanistan through that tiny little Bandakshan corridor

added

* Adjusted Muhammad Ali's Reforms modifier to reduce RP's by 60%. The decision to add the modifier is now taken immediately by Egypt.

* Bumped up Egypt's starting reforms, and made it so that a loss in the Oriental Crisis will mean 6 random reforms are likely removed.

* The decision to reform the union now adds USA cores to all FSA or CSA core provinces (in case they'd taken the Right to Secede decision earlier). They have their own union formation decision, and are now locked out of the generic Form Union decision.

* The decisions to create Yugoslavia and Romania are no longer restricted for Austria and the OE-- those countries will simply never take the decisions if they're the AI.

* Fixed the ideology statements in the Boer War events.

* Moved the "Unite With Greece" events for Crete and the Ionian Islands to a decision.

* Removed the "fire_only_once" notation on the event that removes the USA/CSA draft modifiers.

* Fixed the Netherlands Surrenders event so the second option no longer crashes the game.

* Fixed the dismantling of Russia to no longer be quite so crazy in its resulting borders.

* Made the Arab Revolt a little punchier, and added an event for the Arab Revolt to actually end. Gave the OE a reconciliation decision which adds the accepted cultures back once the Arab Revolt ends and if they've passed the Imperial Reform Edict decision.

* The "Encourage Arab Nationalism" decision now can't be taken against the OE if it's passed the Imperial Reform Edict, has protected minorities and a Full Citizenship government. The Arab Revolt also won't apply there under those same conditions.

* Added a UK "Retreat From India" event which occurs if they're at war with a neighboring, civilized South Asian state and have most of India occupied.

* The Warlord Era now has the warlord states declaring war on a weaker state even if they're in a truce (so the era doesn't last as long as it does currently), provided their infamy doesn't get too high.

* Election events that encourage reactionary or conservative ideology now reduce CON rather than increase it.

* The OE now starts with Conservative ruling party. The OE Conservative party has been changed to Moralism.

* Made the warscore cost for the Dismantle CB's higher (as a Great War reduces the warscore for these to ridiculously low levels).

* Russia now restricted from purchasing Eritrea.

* Simplified the Turkestan union decision.

* Added some soldier POPs to PBC and Egypt. Removed a few from the OE.

* Some changes to regions: the OE regions re-organized. Corsica and Sardinia put in the same region. Chuquisaca moved into Atacama region. Luxembourg moved to Rheinland region. Washington moved to Maryland region. Java split into two regions. Bundelkhand region extracted from Delhi and Jubbulpore regions.

Here's the new terrain system for PDM: Improved Terrain Map Project - For PDM (Updated).zip

This version should be the only used in the actual mod, as this one is more up to date (I've deleted all the previous versions off the forum to make space in my account), so if you already have parts of it, just get rid of them and use thing.

Obviously now comes the checking and integrating of the system, which I know Naselus will want to do as part of rebalancing the economy, but if I can be any help in that don't hesitate to ask. And if you make significant changes to the terrains, like in terms of the bonuses, etc, could you please explain them to me so that I can learn from that and maybe integrate it more generally for use in vanilla and maybe other mods.

Note: There is an issue with the interface in these files, I'm not sure what's causing it exactly, but I think this solves the issue: Map Changes for PDM - Page 18
    Last edited by Hibernian; 27-07-2012 at 06:32.

added

* Added a "Federal Council of Australasia" event which may lead to New Zealand joining Australia after they're both released.

* added Tax Efficiency and Mobilization Economy Impact back into the Muhammad Ali's Reforms modifier.

* Revamped a bunch of regions-- primarily impacting China, where all regions over 6 provinces have been split. This meant editing all events (such as the Warlord Era) where those region codes were used.

* AI Denmark will now not invoke the claim on Schleswig if it has recently lost a war or its War Exhaustion is high.

* Simplified the creation of the Byzantine Empire to simply require Greece to obtain all its cores (after applying the Megali Idea).

* Sardinia-Piedmont may now enact Plombieres if it is in an alliance with France and very friendly-- though a non-GP S-P will not do this unless it's been sphered by France.

* AI daimyos will now not enact the Overthrow the Bakufu decision if one of the other daimyos is a player.

* La Guardia Civil may now be created by Carlist Spain.

* The UK may now colonize the Yukon in the same manner that Canada can, provided Canada does not exist.

* Removed the event that removes the British Raj modifier.

* Fixed the Great Power Contention event so it deducts 100 influence-- evidently a vanilla bug means that if you're at +50 influence after any influence reduction it will bump you up into the next influence category... even if you're currently Friendly and that would make the country sphered.

* Fixed the dominant_issue bug in the new "Military Coup Threat" event.

* Did some revamping of a few dismantling events, primarily affecting Russia and Germany.

* Luxembourg, Moldavia and Transylvania no longer lose their cores upon joining their union country.

* Fixed the "Politburo Discusses War" event.

* Fixed the Oregon Treaty so it no longer applies Canadian cores.

* Set Egypt to mandatory conscription to match other uncivs.

* Switched Occitan pops in Savoy over to North Italian, removed Occitan cores there.

* Moved Manchu pops from Baoding to Peking.

* Added Poznan cores to the Polish corridor. Removed Silesia core from Gorlitz.

* Added localization for the new inventions and triggered modifiers, as well as for the new Secret Police decision (as well as a picture, because I'm nice).
    Last edited by Rylock; 30-07-2012 at 01:10.

added

Here are the new localization files-- they can replace the old localization folder entirely. Might have missed a couple of things, but they're pretty minor. Everything checks out so far.

NOTE: This also replaces the localization files I sent in my last update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast