+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: File Swap Thread II - Revenge of the file swap thread.

File Swap Thread II - Revenge of the file swap thread.

It's a working title.

This thread is for staff purposes, don't fill it with spam about, well, anything really, or I'll throw spoons at you.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Here's my first batch for tonight.

Okay, here's the next few events.

This one includes the CBandCores file-- which I didn't alter the MTTH's on (that's a whole separate discussion) but I did clean up some of the events there that aren't part of the whole Border Incident mess. Those ones seem to work well enough as is, so I left them alone too-- the only way to try and fix them (if there's anything wrong with them) would be to rebuild them from the ground up.

And I don't want to do that.

Early draft of the tech slow down event:

Attachment 32530
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Here's the files from the first two batches with their MTTH's modified a bit more. Also noticed a bug in the Dictatorship file I'd missed-- which is clearly the reason it *never* fired, as whoever originally wrote it evidently thought they were writing a province event.
    Last edited by Rylock; 20-02-2011 at 20:38.

I'm fairly sure the dictatorship event chain was a mod that got incorporated.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    I'm fairly sure the dictatorship event chain was a mod that got incorporated.
    Well, unless a country event can have an "owner =" in its trigger, that event chain was never going to fire (as it was the event which initialized the entire thing). If it can, then no problem.

Anyhow, I re-uploaded a new version-- I made my own mistake and deleted the "owner =" from an event that was a province event. Bah.

Just had time to do the one file tonight (the monarchy section of the Revolutions mod turned out to be a little more involved than I'd planned).

This is the Clean Up file that controls governments switching. The way I've set it up is so that any communist/fascist/anarcho-liberal/reactionary ideology that's in power will perform a coup within a year if militancy is 2 or higher.

I left the checks for a democracy with those ideologies reverting if the voting reforms are regressed... though chances are that will never happen. Still, they should be there for safety.

Here's the next batch of events.

It includes some older ones (fixed a few bugs I saw in Dictatorship that I missed before, and removed the "spread" effect for the Spanish Flu) as well as the CivilizationsandGuboats file, plus a few minor files.

I didn't touch the opium stuff at all. I figured that's something you were playing with, anyhow.

Okay, I got carried away a bit on the Boer War events.

Really I just fixed up what was there and added the following:

* The possible border dispute between UK and Zulu, which can occur after 1878
    * Oranje and Transvaal possibly uniting with South Africa if they're still around when it appears
    * A small chain of events for the Boer War which can occur after 1895

Nothing too fancy, but I thought since I was doing the file anyway I may as well do it right. Localization file is included.
    Last edited by Rylock; 22-02-2011 at 05:35.

Good, the vanilla Boer war was laughable.

batch 3 and the Boer events added.

Here's the updated rebel_types file with changes merged from the 1.3 Beta (which actually weren't all that many). I did not make any rebels smarter that didn't already have those settings.

added

proof of concept of the tech catch up events, still needs balancing:
    Attachment 32644

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Next couple of files:

* Colonial Uprisings, again. I didn't realize until now that you couldn't use "limit" in an event trigger-- though I'm not sure why I thought you could. This seems to be the only place I did that, however.

* Austria. I promise I won't do this for every country, but this one needed some love. The events that are supposed to prompt the nationalist uprisings now do exactly that. I added events for the Hungarians and Czechs, as well.

I also added a "Schleswig Question" event chain once Austria or Prussia takes control of Schleswig which can lead to issues between them. That IS what prompted the first Austrian-Prussian War, after all. Also added some other stuff, like Ferdinand's assassination and ethnic states with high militancy asking for autonomy if Austria becomes A-H (and prompting more militancy if refused).

I see we're using the 1.3Beta, now. I'll need to review all the country event files I've already done and compare them to what the Beta has. Just to be safe.
    Last edited by Rylock; 25-02-2011 at 05:39.

Some more of the files. I fixed a few things in the Austria file, including changing the one event that 1.3 did (so they now match), so I just deleted the previous batch .zip and included it in here (along with Colonial Uprisings).

The others are mostly flavor files, the ACW file (with the added Texas event from 1.3) and the British Dominions file. To that one I added some AI chance to the release/not release decisions (with adjustments based on the British government) and two events regarding Irish independence: the Sinn Fein Manifesto and an Irish demand for independence soon after that happens. Tested both and they work fine.
    Last edited by Rylock; 25-02-2011 at 06:03.

There was a misspelling in the inventions file causing some modifiers to not show up. Here's the fix:

Attachment 32746

The political theory decisions aren't needed anymore since we can just link demand increases to inventions. So here are the decisions file without them and the culture techs with a prestige boost in the political theory field to compensate for the decision removal.

Attachment 32763
    Attachment 32764

Okay, here's the full batch of my events.

I went through all the ones I'd already done and compared them to the 1.3 Beta version, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Also fixed a few bugs (like the issue I encountered with vassalage).

Note that if you fix Schleswig's capital in the history file (it currently lists Kiel as its capital province), let me know-- the event for it will need to be altered to a "release_vassal" instead.

But, at any rate, all these events can be copied directly over top of the ones in the previous batches.

(NOTE: I see you also have "Revolution - Event" still in the 3.01 Events folder. You don't need it. Those events are already in the other Revolutions files.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast