What new monsters would you like to see in the game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hags frequent often in Norse myths, so it could be an interesting concept.
The Orcish berserker should be given a froth attack to show their rabid anger.

But I mostly like to see GUMMI BEARS!
And not that annoying music singing bear. (Although if you made a npc singing and very annoying gummi bear minstrel I would feel extreme satisfaction seeing its flesh and fluids spread over my pc screen.)

But no, not the annoying and totally stupid singing kind. I meant the real stuff the one told by among others Disney: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Adventures_of_the_Gummi_Bears.
These could be very fast invisible imps who makes bumping sounds and only jumps around knocking things down. So it would be, you know, annoying when passing over a bridges and are frequently knocked off and killed kind of annoying.

BTW. If you only liked the idea of the totally and very stupid annoying gummi bear minstrel and want to use that your welcome. (I then find you annoying but respect your choice.) But if I can have a wish. Make it so that when it's singing everyone in the area goes berserk and froths a lot.

Yours (not annoyingly) Kuhnrat

Last edited:
Well, when you look at it we should be looking at encounters instead of simply monsters. When do you ever see just a single goblin? Most enemies come in hordes in this game and, in some cases, are tailored to their environment to be dangerous E.G., the daemons who knock you down at World's End.

Satirical nature aside, any monster would work in the end.

ok, lets refine the Balor a little bit so he is more viable as I agree and know from experience, that conceptually something can be great but horrible at the same time.

Balor:
In Pathfinder Balors are the generals and commanders of Demon Princes of the Abyss. They lead the armies of Demon Princes against other princes, and against clestial forces when they foolishly brave the abyss. They are the most powerful demons commonly found in the abyss, as Demon princes are not common.
Appearance: Balors in Pathfinder errata balors are about 14 feet tall, have wings as big as they are, are covered in flames, and weigh roughly 4,500lbs. (Think Balrog from LotR.)

Balors are dangerous as all Hel, ergo they are monsters that should be able to kill the players, but not be rediculous. I thought about it and asked myself, "What if I had to fight Ten(10) in a row."
So, danger based on D&D/Pathfinder can still be evident, but not to the note.

This toning down makes him a bit less of a pain in the butt, but I don't want to make him too weak either.
Ok, Monster Basics!
HP: 10,000 (About as much as a Cave Troll)
Healed by: Life, fire.
resistant to: Electricity
Vulnerable to: Water(Puts out Burning Skin, once he is no longer wet, his burning skin returns).
All other elements work as normal.

Spells:
Barrier: He only knows how to use the normal Right Click. Whenever he is hit with a ray spell, he uses the barrier to avert it.
Conflaguration: He uses this as an opener mostly, and uses it throughout the fight. He also doesn't care about Friendly fire, because he isn't.
Dealth Nova: When he dies, he lets off a massive fire nova, which hits everything on screen unless they are protected by something.
Burning Skin: While he is not wet, he has a fire nova. Burning Skin keeps him from being perma frozen unless two people work to make an Ice Ray, which results in him thawing, then instantly refreezing. This is also technically burning him, but since fire heals him he is being healed.
Enchant Weapon(Vorpal): This turns his Basic Melee with his sword into an insta-kill, but can be dispelled via nullify.

Elemental combinations: He knows fire, unholy, rock, and shield. However, he never mixes shield with anything.

Attacks:
Basic Melee: Range (Twice normal mage swing range) Deals moderate damage, and lights the target on fire. If Enchant Weapon(Vorpal) is on, the target dies.
Whip: Range (6 times normal mage swing range) Deal Low Damage, but knocks the target prone.
grab: Grabs the target and lift it into the air. This process takes 3 seconds, then he slices it in half with his sword and kills it instantly.
Speed: Balors are about as fast as the mages normally.

Default tactics: Balors aren't stupid, if the target is relatively close then the Balor will close in and physically attack them with his Basic Melee, whip, and grab. If the target is beyond what the Balor is programed to consider acceptable range for closing in an meleeing, then he would instead cast spells at the player.
Variants: There could be multiple types of Balors, a caster and a warrior.
Vanilla: As above
Warrior: Moves as fast as a hasted Mage, but cannot cast spells aside from Burning Skin and Enchant Weapon(Vorpal)
Mage: As above, but doesn't use melee attacks. Instead, he has some extra magicka. Perhaps meteor Shower.

Balors aren't happy about being here and often times complain as they engage the player(s).
When a Balor "Dies" he instead has taken sufficient damage to break the link between him and his summoner, hence unsummoning himself. When this happens he says, "YES!"
"I want to go back to my mines. . . ."
"If you run near a bridge-!"
When Frozen, "No, snow my one weakness!"

Hags frequent often in Norse myths, so it could be an interesting concept.
Mörkö, aka Buka, Hufsa, Morra, Morrinn, Mårran, Urr, La Coca, La Courabou, The Groke.
Extremely spooky frost hag. picture: http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Kc0fTU4Ns_PKfM

Baba Yaga, aka Grandmother Pain. (Old Norse ekki ("pain")
Needless to say she is a extremely scary and hungry hag.
She shrieks: "Var är de små människorna?" (Where are all the small humans?)
Piles of bones are everywhere so she has probably eaten them and forgotten it.
Her wooden hut on chicken leg could have a sign which reads 'KFC'. (Kentucky fried children)
In battle she shrieks: "Nu ska blodet flyta!" (Now the blood shall flow!)
For an idea how she sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTu6ZkULijI&feature=related approximately 30 sec into the video.
Baba Yaga is always hungry so she kills by eating people. (Same as Trolls)

The things I miss are Sea or Lake monsters, Flying monsters like Harpies or Griffins, Lizzard men, Mutants or the most scary of them all... COOKIE MONSTERS!

GIEF COOKIE MONSTERS!

http://vimeo.com/18011143
From my Icelandic friends I have received this saga.

Maybe from this the lazy swedes can get some more inspirations. :p

BTW. I'm North Norwegian. Best luck to my brother folk in the World Ski Championship this week.
As long as we win you are forgotten.
And that's how we like you. :p (Seriously like this game)

Last edited: