What new monsters would you like to see in the game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zenstar

Wizard Headmaster
56 Badges
Feb 10, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
We've had goblins, dwarves, beastmen, elementals, spiders and a couple of undead but what would you like to see in some mythical future DLC?

I'd like to see an undead themed adventure with more wraiths and lichs and ghosts. Maybe even skeletal horsemen and scythe wielding cultists.

Also: Orcs :)

What do you want to?

I'd like to see more creatures rather than humanoids - things like unicorns (I'd love to explode a unicorn xD ), chimeras, hydras, etc. I really liked fighting Fafnir, it felt really classic, and would like some more classic sort of fights like that. A kraken boss would be pretty neat. Some flying monsters would be pretty neat as well, though the game doesn't seem to handle 3 dimensions very well so perhaps not.

Also, I suppose we should keep in mind that this isn't a generic fantasy world, but rather it's supposed to be loosely based on Norse mythology, which may or may not affect the dev's choices.

Exploding unicorns FTW! Awesome!!!

What about a Cthulhu themed adventure (cultists, fish-people, weird abomination/demons, etc...) on the island of R'lyeh?
(It's on the map already ^_^ nice reference btw Arrowhead)

zenstar said:
What about a Cthulhu themed adventure (cultists, fish-people, weird abomination/demons, etc...) on the island of R'lyeh?
(It's on the map already ^_^ nice reference btw Arrowhead)

I really like this idea; it sounds like it has the makings of a cohesive campaign as well.

Petsuchos could be fun too xD

Some small monsters with permanent invisibility (they should look like the wizards in invisibility mode, maybe a bit less visible still :p). These should always fight alone or in small groups (as you'll be watching your surroundings once you notice one, so more of those will easily be detected by you). They only do small damage, but they won't become visible, so if you're unlucky, you won't notice them.
They could also get some kinds off immunities, so you can't kill them too easily (maybe you can only kill them with your sword? :D)

Just one of my random ideas xD

I would love to see a trip through Hel (although Niflheim might be very close to that) and a fight with Hel. And maybe even Sleipnir, so finally all of Loki's children are dead. Geri and Freki would also make awesome bosses.
A level in Asgard or a trip to Valhalla would also be nice, but I can't really think of too many other monsters that could appear there.
Edit: Wait, there could be elves! I know elves aren't evil in Norse mythology, but the heroes could willingly or unwillingly enter Asgard or Álfheim and because they are, as Vlad points out, unable to form sentences in situations of stress, the elves just attack them.
Then there could, of course, be Dark Elves which would just be tons of fun.

For other Norse mythology monsters, look here, here, here and here. Many of those would be bogeyman-ish, so they could have an incorporeal and a corporeal state like demons or something.

Last edited:
I want a level about you walking in the forest.. imploding some goblins.... then a meteor falls and a huge blast sound rumbles! and a forest fire starts in the next area (after a loadscreen) and you must fight fire/stone golems and elementals? and then you find the meteor and learn meteorshower! ( for the people that didnt discover this treat before it was to late)

And one where you learn eruption ( http://www.magickapedia.net/wiki/Magicks ) maby some hermit wizard? Like a guy from the order living in a forest/on a mountain, and you will have to learn it to crack some small gobling fortress or something

For another new "monster", it might be fun if you randomly run into a questing knight who is a jerk and/or stupid, to continue on the theme of mocking fantasy stereotypes. Ghosts would be neat, that could only be hit by steam spells or arcane or something. Or, how about some witches? Are there even any women in the game? I think the only ones are peasant women.

Yeah. I was thinking harpies or sirens for female monster types. I think you're right about the only women being peasants (although you never know what's under the bathrobes of that wizard... if it doesn't have a beard it could be anything.)
I guess it all depends on what the setting for a new adventure would be.
As for the wandering warrior: they should totally have a Groo hommage ^_^ (with Rufferto too of course).

They should do some twists on typical fantasty beasts too, like giant ants / scorpians / rats, wolves, goblin wolf riders.
OOH: there should be a Transylvania themed story with werewolves and vampires and frankenstien's monster etc... Maybe you're helping Vlad do something "back home".

So many possibilities... want DLC naow plx!

For another new "monster", it might be fun if you randomly run into a questing knight who is a jerk and/or stupid, to continue on the theme of mocking fantasy stereotypes.
That is an awesome idea! And to continue on the theme of monsters randomly spouting references and catchphrases, he could yell stuff like "FOR LOOT!" or "EE-EX-PEE!" (EXP, you see).
On that note, I would love to see passive mobs. Passive, not completely inactive. So, creatures that don't attack you unless you attack them. That behavior already exists, although only in one single enemy, the Forest Troll that's eating the moose.
And that Transylvania idea is great. So, after mocking fantasy themes and fantasy RPG gameplay, this could mock the horror themes.

Last edited:
More interesting mage encounters would be nice. Mages are some of the most dangerous enemies in the game, but what if we mixed things up a bit.

Elemental Summoners:
Appearance: A mage who has a staff that appears to have a small Elemental on the top, his robe is grey.
Elemental Summoners can use all magic like normal players.
Can use Summon Elemental, but his elementals randomly assign an element and engage the player. Max Elementals: 7.
Default Operations: Circlular shield => Summon Elemental 7 times => engages player using random elemental spells.

I'd like to see stronger Daemons.
I bring you the Balor!

Balor:
In Pathfinder Balors are the generals and commanders of Demon Princes of the Abyss. They lead the armies of Demon Princes against other princes, and against clestial forces when they foolishly brave the abyss. They are the most powerful demons commonly found in the abyss, as Demon princes are not common.
Appearance: Balors in Pathfinder errata balors are about 14 feet tall, have wings as big as they are, are covered in flames, and weigh roughly 4,500lbs. (Think Balrog from LotR.)

How Dangerous is one? CR20 to be exact, in otherwords in Pathfinder it should take a well balanced group of no less than 4 people to take one on at level 20.
What this means in Magicka is that a player would high a high probablity of dying. With multiple players, it gets easier due to revive.

Ok, monster basics!
Immunities: Electricity, fire, poison.
Resistances: cold, water, freezing (Cannot be frozen).
Regeneration +200.

Spells: Conflaguration, dffff fireball, fffff Fire nova, Death fire Nova (Hits everything on screen with a FFFFF fire nova), Vorpal Weapon (insta-kill on basic melee).

Attacks:
Basic Melee: Slashes the target for heavy damage, deals moderate fire damage. (Insta-kills if vorpaled, and target does not have an (e) shield up.)
grab: Grabs the target and lift it into the air. This process takes 3 seconds, then he slices it in half with his sword and kills it instantly.
Whip: Flails his whip at the target, on hit knocks the target down and does moderate fire damage.

HP: 20,000

The Balor is generally summoned by powerful Summoners who due to their specialty, are limited in what spells they can cast.

Daemon Summoners: Daemon Summoners focus on Summoning Daemons.
Appearance: Mage with a pointy hat that has horns coming out of it. His robe is black. He is constantly on fire but is immune to fire.

Lesser Daemon Summoner:
Summons Daemons(Max 3) and Daemonlings(max 9).
edddd(Shift Click) => Summon Daemon(max 3) => Summon Daemonling(max 9) => edddd(Self target)(maintain unless something needs to be resummoned.

Daemon Summoner:
Summons Daemon Lords(max 1), Daemons(Max 6), and Daemonlings(max 18)
edddd(Shift Click) => Summon Daemon Lord(max 31 => Summon Daemon(max 6) => Summon Daemonling(max 18) => edddd(Self target)(maintain unless something needs to be resummoned.

Greater Daemon Summoner:
Default Operations:
edddd(Shift Click) => Summon Balor => Summon Daemon Lord(max 3) => Summon Daemon(max 9) => Summon Daemonling(max 27) => edddd(Self target)(maintain unless something needs to be resummoned.

Defeating the Daemon Summoner:
Nullify unsummons all Daemons, but not the Balor.
However, it does break the Daemon Summoner's control to the Balor and he becomes a possible target. So Nullfiy + Invisibility would turn the Balor on the Summoner.

A Balor broken from the Daemon Summoner's Control still counts against the Daemon Summoner's max Balor count(1), so he instead starts summoning Daemon Lords, Daemons, and Daemonlings to fight the Balor. However, his chances of victory are very slim, as the Balor is on par with most boss monsters but is an in-your-face PK monster.

It doesn't quite go along with the satirical nature of the game, but it would offer a sizable challenge. The interesting part is that since its a dude who summons demons, it could work in nearly any fantasy environment.

An Orc Warrior Mage, much like that full armored orc but with magic powers mainly the shield (e) spells.
And also it would be cool if the enemieshad A.I. specially programmed for each, like this orc warrior mage could always be spawned with 6 more full armored orcs that stay around him all the time, and the mage would protect them with shield spells and attack you with summoned creatures.

Last edited:
Do you mean something along the lines of a Mind Flayer aka Illithid?
I'm thinking more along the lines of the HP Lovecraft story set in a loathsome fishing village where it turns out the villagers are worshipping a great old one and slowly devolving into fish people. If I remember correctly there was even a B grade movie based on it: Dagon (IMDB).

The Balor sounds interesting in concept, but is probably a bad idea. I don't think it's possible to have a summoned creature turn on the summoner by casting Nullify. Of course, it's a matter of implementation, but it's probably unnecessarily hard. A poison immunity is also pretty pointless since there are only one staff and one weapon (I think) that can inflict poison.
Furthermore, the Balor just sounds too hardcore. Looking at his immunities and resistances, the only things that would do acceptable (or any) damage are Arcane and Stone. It seems that a constant Fire resistance is the only thing that would help against him, but that wouldn't be fun. SSSSD, SSSSD, SSSSD, teleport away from his melee attack, FE, SSSSD, SSSSD and repeat ad infinitum. I doubt it would be challenging, just pure tedium.
Edit: Oh, or the great ice ball, QRQRQRQRD. That should take him down fairly quickly, but depending on how fast he is, you might not make it.