• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The detail is too small to even be noticed in the bigger picture of battle. It's a nice feature if it could be added, but not a necessary one, I feel.

rk47 is right, we understand, that it would be a nice feature but it's just as much a real-time strategy game as it's an RPG. The battles are RTS battles, so you fight from a strategic zoomed out view and that’s why you can’t see your armour and artifacts when you fight.

Ash, I think it's an unnecessary usage of resource. I'm not saying it's impossible to zoom to view it, but it's quite unreasonable to expect Neocore to render the possible combination of artifacts, so they have to make a compromise.

1. If you want these things displayed on the heroes when equipped, be prepared for a limited number of artifacts, to keep the number of renderings to a reasonable level.
2. If you want high number of artifacts, set pieces, how can Neocore render all of that on the heroes? Especially when you consider the helmets, armors, weapons and shield have their own graphic?

If it's a choice Neocore had to make, as a gamer I'd take no. 2 to add more variety to the gameplay.
However, this gives a good idea for DLC if Neocore is inclined to put more added features to make the product more attractive.

Well I disagree .The game is called a RPG so it should fit into modern RPG standards.It is a huge immersion destroyer to have your Knight have a super awesome Axe equiped only show up on the battlefield with the same sword from when you met many seasons ago.

I guess I'll agree to disagree.

To be honest, it's a cool feature, I'd want it, but the effect is minuscule and after zooming in for a few seconds, I had to zoom out again to redirect my troops. Then zoom in again just to view the epic artifact displayed in its full glory and cap a screenshot. Its function is purely cosmetic. Even hero-centric games like Warcraft III and Heroes of Might & Magic didn't render equipped artifacts extensively or in most cases, not at all.

So I must respectfully disagree with your statement that King Arhur needs to fit into the modern RPG standards. Because it's not just a Role Playing Game, it's a Role Playing Wargame. I recommend checking out The Elder Scroll : Skyrim / Diablo III if you really want visible armor sets.

Well I disagree .The game is called a RPG so it should fit into modern RPG standards.It is a huge immersion destroyer to have your Knight have a super awesome Axe equiped only show up on the battlefield with the same sword from when you met many seasons ago.

Disagree, a game of this type cannot be everything. Aesthetics do play a role and I'll agree that it is a "nice to have" in a game, but from a design point of view, compromises will always have to be made. I would rather have multiple and flexible ways of powering your Knight than having limited options for aesthetics. A game of this type is a hybrid and not a RPG only. If it was a RPG only, then I would not be disagreeing with you.