+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cities in Motion - Developer Diary #7 - News from Colossal

Post Cities in Motion - Developer Diary #7 - News from Colossal

Hi everyone,

This time, the developer diary will be a little bit different. Earlier, you heard about the different aspects and features of Cities in Motion, but I thought I’d bring you some news on what we have been up to lately. We are very happy to announce that Cities in Motion will be released on Feb. 22, so we have been very busy at the office and there’s a lot that I want to share with you.

Game development is not only about making the game but also interacting with people is a big part of getting a game released successfully. We highly appreciate the community around games and the feedback we've gotten from both beta testers and people interested in Cities in Motion.

So communication is a big part of developing a game. Surely, we want everyone to know that Cities in Motion exists! Early on, we sent beta copies to reporters, and have since posted links to the previews on the Cities in Motion Facebook page. If you haven’t read them yet, go check those out at www.facebook.com/Citiesinmotion! We have also sent out the review copies to reporters and are very eager to find out what they think about the full game.

So, how do we communicate with gamers? We set up a Facebook page and a Twitter account some time ago, and have been overjoyed by the amount of people actively seeking more information on Cities in Motion. I’ve tried to answer as many of the questions as possible and take in the suggestions and ideas that you have shared with us. We have over 1,500 people "Liking" the game on Facebook!

Attachment 32355 Karoliina checking the Forum

The community is admirably active on the Paradox Forum. After starting the Open Beta on Feb. 1, we’ve been basically drowned in comments. Our lead designer Karoliina and I try to answer as many threads as we can, and on the technical side, Antti has been actively finding solutions to the problems the testers might have encountered. Be sure to join in the conversation at forum.paradoxplaza.com!

The feedback on the beta has already been very helpful. With the community's help we were able to find and fix a major bug just last week. With the suggestions in mind, we've made changes, for example, to the economic system concerning the ticket prices, so adjusting them would be more intuitive for the player. More on these changes in the the next diary!

Attachment 32356 Tuuli and I working on a vehicle

We are very excited about the release of Cities in Motion next week!

Best regards,
    Mariina Hallikainen
    Producer on Cities in Motion
    Colossal Order Ltd.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

A game is only as great as the people behind it Thanks for the continous communication! Looking forward to the diary and the game release.

That's a really unusual aspect ratio for those photographs!

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Girl power! :-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

For some reason the guys at the office don't like to get photographed...

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Come on, tell the truth, there are no guys there, or maybe the guy who clean the office when you leave

BTW, <3 Karoliina mug

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Good work with the community interaction, that's always an added value to a game - that's part of why I got stuck around these forums and the games developed by Paradox. Looking forward to seeing more details on how the game has improved from the beta!
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    It´s Valentine´s Day, we have to give them something

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Blog Entries
    See. As it turns out it's not that hard for girls to interact with us at all... :-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

I like your little rocket on your desk. (Tintin)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings II

Nice. Looking forward to the next diary with info on all the update/changes after the beta!

It's great to hear from the developers! Keep up the good work. I suppose you're quite busy now since you have a week before the release...

Zarine, I <3 my mug too It's contents are what keeps me going on these cold winter days. It's -29 degrees celcius outside at the moment!

And I can always play with the Tintin rocket or the tiny Tokyo metro car behind it, if I run out of ideas for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Karoliina View Post
    And I can always play with the Tintin rocket...
    Yeah, I love toys too.
    Closed the Gates of Hell by filling it with cows!
    "You get what you pay for" simply does not apply to computer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Karoliina View Post
    Zarine, I <3 my mug too It's contents are what keeps me going on these cold winter days. It's -29 degrees celcius outside at the moment!

And I can always play with the Tintin rocket or the tiny Tokyo metro car behind it, if I run out of ideas for the game.
    Too bad for you. I have a nice 15 dregrees celcius where I am... too bad it's raining.

So the game got metro car, but where are the rocket in the game. I want to make public transportation toward the moon. Please make tintin rocket in game so we can play with it too !

Blog Entries
    I think Zarine hasn't got that bad an idea. Let's say you push the game to 2030 or 2040 and add some Alpha Centauri looking cars and planes and buildings. That wouldn't be the worst idea for an actual full-time expansion.

When there's actually 2040 we will be able to go back to the game and compare the nuclear wasteland we live in with your dreams how the future would be like. ;-)

Cities in Motion

Quote Originally Posted by co_martsu View Post
    For some reason the guys at the office don't like to get photographed...
    We live in dark caves and avoid flashing lights

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by gebbiz View Post
    As you should ... those "picture machines" will steal your souls
    I love my copy of CK so much, I am thinking of marrying it

New Paradox games icons ... get some new cool game icons for your PI games. (of course now updated with CKII icon )

It's always nice when game developers are near to the community. I am very curious to see if and how you implementated some ideas of the users, and what bugs and glitches you've got fixed.

But CiM is already yet a game you can see the devs have fun to design it. It has a soul. Your forum acivity and diary 'entries' are underlining that.

Quote Originally Posted by gebbiz View Post
    Stop investigating how metro tunnel are built and start working on my sky rocket idea to mass transport people !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast