• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Check the previous page for chapter fifteen!

World Update: 1542

ClzbN.png

-England is now the most prominent coloniser after seizing some Portuguese colonies in the last war.
-Mutapa is invading Ethiopia!
-Brunei is invading China!
-Burgundy and Normandy have divided France.
-Bohemia is one to watch out for in Europe, but they haven't done much recently.
-Kandesh is rapidly becoming the strongest in India.

Last edited:
Why some small town like Madrid, when you have pretty huge rich Barcelona with a good access to the sea? :confused: And Madrid is close to border with Portugal, whereas Pyrenees offer some safety to Barcelona?

Why some small town like Madrid, when you have pretty huge rich Barcelona with a good access to the sea? :confused: And Madrid is close to border with Portugal, whereas Pyrenees offer some safety to Barcelona?

Because the Form Spain decision automatically moves your capital to Madrid

Very nice exploration!

We'll see what results from Austria-Byzantium. It's an interesting development for sure.

Heh, that random Michael X reminds me of my Brunswick game where I went from Heinrich I to Heinrich III somehow. :D

Because the Form Spain decision automatically moves your capital to Madrid

'My king, there has been a strange shift in the force, we cannot fight against it! Argh, the capital is some town in the middle of nowhere! This decision was supposed to bring balance to the force! Oh God what have I done!'

'My king, there has been a strange shift in the force, we cannot fight against it! Argh, the capital is some town in the middle of nowhere! This decision was supposed to bring balance to the force! Oh God what have I done!'

Join the Madrid Side!

A good result against Byzantium, if not quite the wholesale destruction of their realm which I was hoping for! The formation of Spain leaves you with a formidable colonnial rival, just as well your efforts for colonisation are aimed to the east and seem to be going rather well.

Malurous: Its definitely an interesting development, especially if Austria manages to get back the HRE at some point. Two Empires vs One; who will win…
Boris ze Spider: Thankfully there are other avenues of expansion.
Killshock: Oman isn’t really a threat and taking the provinces would probably be more trouble that its worth. As long as they’re bogged down fighting Persian rebels, the Timurids, and Iraq I can ignore them.

Thanks for all the other replies as well!

The Pharaohs Return: An Alexandrian AAR
Chapter Sixteen: Showdown in Central Europe

pkO5C.jpg

The formation of Spain brought Emperor Michael out of his introverted outlook and into the immediate area at least. The unexpected advance of Pagan Africans into Christian Ethiopia was something that could not be allowed, although he refused to authorise an invasion. Instead, Ethiopia was declared to be under Alexandrian protection and efforts were made to improve relations.

wScAz.jpg

He also got around to fully absorbing Armenia into the Empire, making it the fourth kingdom of the Crown.

QmVeK.jpg

Affairs much further afield were not his concern, even as Europe was set aflame by religious wars. After a meteoric rise by the Klatovists of Bohemia, a Catholic alliance led by Austria-Byzantium and the Croatian Holy Roman Emperor engaged in all-out war to determine the dominant faith. Lithuania was part of this alliance, and they requested that Michael send at least some support to the war effort.

R0o9Q.jpg

He wasn’t willing to get involved in what was clearly an affair of the Western Church, but he did take the chance to root out Klatovists that had sprung within the Empire. As the agreement with the nobles of Jerusalem only applied to Catholics, this would be a useful way of advancing the true Christian way behind their backs.

QrJ2H.jpg

Clearly the moral support was enough, as the Croatians declared victory over Bohemia and that the Holy Roman Empire remained aligned with Rome. Austria also made peace a while later taking some land. Croatia’s happiness was short lived however as their constant declarations of war on minor powers had annoyed the electors enough for them to pass the crown to another, still Catholic of course, ruler.

dHfIG.jpg

Meanwhile exploration and expansion across the Indian Ocean continued apace. A series of islands were settled and named the Kallinins, after Michael’s infant son Kallinikos. The time was rapidly approaching when Alexandria would begin setting foot in Asia proper, and a lot of construction work was going on around Arabia to assemble a proper fleet in the Indian Ocean.

yMIWL.jpg

Bringing Ethiopia into the fold turned out to not be as important as anticipated. Mutapa collapsed on its own, with an Orthodox kingdom forming in Adal. Relations were quickly opened with them and they were brought under Alexandrian protection as well.

sVMpN.jpg

A brief border war broke out in the Caucasus region resulting in the concession of a large portion of Georgia’s Caspian coast.

oI0Rh.jpg

Michael passed away peacefully not long after. Alexandria remained strong and was only growing stronger, but like the Emperor before them the nobles ruling the country in Kallinikos’ stead were isolationist and refused to go to war.

yR7aD.jpg

This really annoyed many of the explorers and would-be conquistadors in the Indian Ocean, as they had managed to uncover the true political shape of Asia after meeting with traders in the Kallinins. Of biggest note was that Brunei had recently suffered major losses, making an attack on the largest remaining Muslim empire viable. That would now have to be delayed.

h9Cv2.jpg

That did not mean the assembled navy would go to waste however. Portugal had learned of Alexandria’s explorations and now had its own designs on Asia. It was time to find out if Alexandria had what it took as a colonial power in the East.

The year is now 1551.
To be continued…

Last edited:
If everyone honors the call to arms, you will face all of India. Who would head the alliance? If Portugal, then you may end up with nothing, and then be at a forced peace for years.

While I appreciate the replies, this isn't a vote. I've already accepted the call to arms (the displayed -2 stab hit is a bug and doesn't happen). Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

I see very little for you to gain in India except for some fun killing easy targets, but I'd not commit your full force if I were you, as I expect the Spanish to come knocking at your western door soon... Worst-case scenario: a Romano-Spanish alliance attacking you on 2 sides.

Nice AAR writing, consider me a reader.:)

Useful that even whilst suffering through a regency Portugal gives you the chance to nab some land in India. Huzzah for good allies! Vexing though that you have taken such a stability hit.