+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The CORE travel guide - the suggestions for improvement thread

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The CORE travel guide - the suggestions for improvement thread

If you like the C.O.R.E. travel guide, and would like to improve it further, please do post them here! Your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Basic ground rules:
    1- The source image should be vintage, preferably pre-WWII, if even remotely possible.
    2- The image should be of the area depicted, obviously.
    3- It should depict the terrain (capital provinces excepted, maybe):
    - Urban: close-up of a city landmark or street scene would do nicely.
    - Mountains: a panoramic shot of the mountainous terrain would fit well here.
    - Hills: countryside or city shot would be fine, as long as it 'oozes' hilly terrain.
    - Forest: trees should be very much present in the image, obviously.
    - Marshes: either bridges (for urban areas like Rotterdam, Utrecht) or marshy terrain.
    - Desert: panoramic shots of desert areas if possible.
    - Plains: the easiest to cover. Panoramic city shots, or rural landmarks of the area will do nicely here. Just not city close-ups, as that could be interpreted as 'Urban'.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

I have some pre war post cards. They are all of the city of Utrecht.

De Leidscheweg, one of the main roads leading from the city of Utrecht to the city of Leiden.

A postcard showing the landmark Dom tower on the horizon. quality is a bit low though

i love this one, doesnt show the tower but it is a great view of the city. Besides, although i apreciate the choice to view Utrecht and Rotterdam as marches from a gameplay perspective. Simulating the flooding of the Hollandse waterlinie, it is clear that they were in no way marches and all the siginificant polders had already been drained.
    I know a trader of postcards and he possesses an abundance of these images, if they are useable i will get more.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The quality is good enough since the pics are scaled down.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

East vs West developer
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My father used to live on the Leidscheweg... And my mother lived on the Lessinglaan during the war years, in these days right on the edge of the city. Anyway, I have great pre-war city images of Rotterdam as well, for instance. But as the terrain is marsh in-game, displaying city views seems inappropriate, nice though the images are. So I went for bridges instead, to show that river obstacles (and indeed, the Waterlinie in 1940 and the Biesbosch) are the main reasons for the depiction 'marsh'. Holland isn't exactly comparable to the Pripyat Marshes...

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

+ Reply to Thread