If you like the C.O.R.E. travel guide, and would like to improve it further, please do post them here! Your suggestions are very much appreciated.
Basic ground rules:
1- The source image should be vintage, preferably pre-WWII, if even remotely possible.
2- The image should be of the area depicted, obviously.
3- It should depict the terrain (capital provinces excepted, maybe):
- Urban: close-up of a city landmark or street scene would do nicely.
- Mountains: a panoramic shot of the mountainous terrain would fit well here.
- Hills: countryside or city shot would be fine, as long as it 'oozes' hilly terrain.
- Forest: trees should be very much present in the image, obviously.
- Marshes: either bridges (for urban areas like Rotterdam, Utrecht) or marshy terrain.
- Desert: panoramic shots of desert areas if possible.
- Plains: the easiest to cover. Panoramic city shots, or rural landmarks of the area will do nicely here. Just not city close-ups, as that could be interpreted as 'Urban'.