+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Download 'the CORE travel guide for Arsenal of Democracy' here!

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Download 'the CORE travel guide for Arsenal of Democracy' here!

The CORE team proudly presents you:

The C.O.R.E. travel guide for Arsenal of Democracy

Always wondered what Germany looked like, before 'Bomber Harris' paid his respects? What pre-war Warsaw or Bucharest looked like? What a gentleman in the 1930s would have seen, traveling around the globe?
    Well here's your chance to step back in time, into the shoes of Phileas Fogg, and experience the world as it used to be 70 years ago!

Download the CORE travel guide version 6.0, April 14th, 2014
    Alternate download (Rapidshare)

AoD patch 1.06b2 or above and CORE 0.5.0 or higher are required to run. Feedback is very much appreciated!

Current coverage:
    Norway - full
    Sweden - full
    Finland - full
    Denmark - full
    Germany - full
    Netherlands - full, including DEI
    Belgium - full, excluding overseas
    Luxembourg - full
    France - full, overseas partial
    Great Britain, full, overseas partial
    Ireland - full
    Czechoslovakia - full
    Poland - full
    Italy - full, including overseas
    Spain - full, including overseas
    Portugal - full, overseas partial
    Yugoslavia - partial
    Romania - full
    Bulgaria - partial
    South Africa - full
    USA, including pacific rim - full
    Canada - full
    Japan - full
    The Philippines - full
    New Zealand - full
    Australia - full
    Malaya - full
    Chili - full
    Burma - full
    India - full
    Thailand - full
    Indochina - full
    China - almost full

Plus odds and ends elsewhere around the globe.

Last edited by Hagar; 17-04-2014 at 05:57.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.7 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

East vs West developer
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Progress on version 2 is progressing nicely indeed, with a little under a 100 new additions already... Right now focus has shifted to the New World, as well as the Orient. Here are some teasers of the new additions. Hopefully I'll be able to release version 2 this weekend or so.

Tacoma country, with Galloping Gertie just about finishing construction (we probably all saw her final moments in 1940):

Fuji mountain standing firm:

A freighter steaming into Kobe harbour:

The Lexington, off Mauii:

Midway Island a couple of months before the Japanese attack:

Juneau, Alaska, before the war:

Unimak Island, with Mount Shishaldin about to erupt once again:

Detroit in the '30s, view from the river:

these look really good, many thanks!
    I'm finding myself getting annoyed by the size of the victory point pic though, maybe you could replace it with something smaller so we can see the pics better in game?

East vs West developer

I doubt I can do much about that one myself... Perhaps save begging Radu to change things here. But glad you like the progress we're making.

East vs West developer

Version 2 is up, first post updated.

Nice pictures. The only drawback I find with this is that I need a lot more switching to the terrain overlay to see the terrain types as I am used to getting that information from the picture. What do you think about adding some small terrain-type icon on the pictures?

East vs West developer

That might be an option naturally, though the actual (generic) space is limited. And I'd hate to ruin the images themselves. It would be more easy if it was included in the EXE, so we can always ask for that to be included, I presume. We sort of can these days, you know...

Having said that, there is (by-and-large) a pattern in the images. A city close-up means 'urban', whilst a wide city panorama for instance implies open terrain. Woody area naturally should feature trees, mountainous terrain mountains, hilly should feature at least a hill...

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Just switch to terrain/weather map mode and you get what you need in less then a second. No need for devs to change this really but I agree that the size of the victory point pics should be made smaller so if Radu can be persuaded into changing this the better. Hmm, I'll ask Titan79 if he can do this.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Europa Universalis IV

Here you go champs, victory points icon remade by Titan79 so that more background scenery can be seen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Found in Titan's Tripartite mod in the corrections link.

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Found in Titan's Tripartite mod in the corrections link.
    ...and made on express request

I hope you like it. I could tweak it a bit, if needed.
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Europa Universalis IV

I think it's functional as is. Making it smaller would maybe be a bit to much but let's hear what Hagar has to say about it when he logs on the forum again.

East vs West developer

Personally I'd go for a slightly larger one, with the victory points centered. But it's a massive improvement from the Vanilla one, I'd say.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

As far as my taste runs:
    * Victory points centered
    * Maybe a stronger outline for the star, it looks a bit "thin" at the moment.
    Otherwise, definitely better than Vanilla, I agree.
    "Muss Sieg von Lissa werden!" (Admiral Tegetthoff´s signal before the battle of Lissa - "Must become victory of Lissa" - since the battle started faster than he thought, all that was hoisted was the signal "MUSS")

Green for cities? I hope you're kidding...

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Amallric View Post
    Green for cities? I hope you're kidding...
    Tokyo is not marked as an urban area but as plains so we are not kidding To see a broader picture of Titan's terrain colors I took the liberty to upload this pic for you:

As you see urban provinces have blueish color, plains are light green, marshes are dark green, forests are normal green, hills are brown, mountains are grey and deserts are yellow (not on the picture).
    All in all much more easier to distinguish terrain types then vanilla.

As for the victory point comments - good ones, I haven't even spotted that number is not centred in the middle!

Thanks. Those shades of green are a bad idea nevertheless imho(and I guess there yet another one for jungles...), but nevermind.

Europa Universalis IV

Here you go - jungles, marshes and normal forest:

As I said there are as many art (color) preferences as there are people so I can only say that I subjectively disagree with your "shades of green" comment - they are much more easy to read then vanilla, make much more sense and the so called shades of green are really different from each other so in my eyes your comment is based on shaky grounds. But anyway, to each his own.

Well tastes... I for one don't like too flashy colors, they look unnatural and divert attention. Vanilla is great because the basic terrain - plains - has a neutral color fitting with what they really stand for. All other terrains also have rather faded, bleak colors that don't stand out too much. Maybe some people think the map feels to sad and want to add more colors but that's not really my thing.

Europa Universalis IV

Yeah, luckily we have free choice with all the mods lurking around.

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
    Personally I'd go for a slightly larger one, with the victory points centered. But it's a massive improvement from the Vanilla one, I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegetthoff View Post
    As far as my taste runs:
    * Victory points centered
    * Maybe a stronger outline for the star, it looks a bit "thin" at the moment.
    Otherwise, definitely better than Vanilla, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    As for the victory point comments - good ones, I haven't even spotted that number is not centred in the middle!
    Thank you all for the appreciation! I'll try to improve it as suggested in the next days.
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast