Download 'the CORE travel guide for Arsenal of Democracy' here!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hagar

East vs West developer<br>CORE Minister of Propaga
107 Badges
Jan 4, 2006
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
The CORE team proudly presents you:

The C.O.R.E. travel guide for Arsenal of Democracy

Always wondered what Germany looked like, before 'Bomber Harris' paid his respects? What pre-war Warsaw or Bucharest looked like? What a gentleman in the 1930s would have seen, traveling around the globe?
Well here's your chance to step back in time, into the shoes of Phileas Fogg, and experience the world as it used to be 70 years ago!

Download the CORE travel guide version 6.0, April 14th, 2014
Alternate download (Rapidshare)

AoD patch 1.06b2 or above and CORE 0.5.0 or higher are required to run. Feedback is very much appreciated!

Current coverage:
Norway - full
Sweden - full
Finland - full
Denmark - full
Germany - full
Netherlands - full, including DEI
Belgium - full, excluding overseas
Luxembourg - full
France - full, overseas partial
Great Britain, full, overseas partial
Ireland - full
Czechoslovakia - full
Poland - full
Italy - full, including overseas
Spain - full, including overseas
Portugal - full, overseas partial
Yugoslavia - partial
Romania - full
Bulgaria - partial
South Africa - full
USA, including pacific rim - full
Canada - full
Japan - full
The Philippines - full
New Zealand - full
Australia - full
Malaya - full
Chili - full
Burma - full
India - full
Thailand - full
Indochina - full
China - almost full

Plus odds and ends elsewhere around the globe.

Promo-travelguidegraphicspack.jpg

Last edited:
Progress on version 2 is progressing nicely indeed, with a little under a 100 new additions already... Right now focus has shifted to the New World, as well as the Orient. Here are some teasers of the new additions. Hopefully I'll be able to release version 2 this weekend or so.

Tacoma country, with Galloping Gertie just about finishing construction (we probably all saw her final moments in 1940):
Ill_prov_782.jpg

Fuji mountain standing firm:
Ill_prov_1185.jpg

A freighter steaming into Kobe harbour:
Ill_prov_1187.jpg

The Lexington, off Mauii:
Ill_prov_659.jpg

Midway Island a couple of months before the Japanese attack:
Ill_prov_662.jpg

Juneau, Alaska, before the war:
Ill_prov_553.jpg

Unimak Island, with Mount Shishaldin about to erupt once again:
Ill_prov_548.jpg

Detroit in the '30s, view from the river:
Ill_prov_616.jpg

these look really good, many thanks!
I'm finding myself getting annoyed by the size of the victory point pic though, maybe you could replace it with something smaller so we can see the pics better in game? :)

I doubt I can do much about that one myself... Perhaps save begging Radu to change things here. ;) But glad you like the progress we're making. :)

Version 2 is up, first post updated.

Nice pictures. The only drawback I find with this is that I need a lot more switching to the terrain overlay to see the terrain types as I am used to getting that information from the picture. What do you think about adding some small terrain-type icon on the pictures?

That might be an option naturally, though the actual (generic) space is limited. And I'd hate to ruin the images themselves. It would be more easy if it was included in the EXE, so we can always ask for that to be included, I presume. We sort of can these days, you know...

Having said that, there is (by-and-large) a pattern in the images. A city close-up means 'urban', whilst a wide city panorama for instance implies open terrain. Woody area naturally should feature trees, mountainous terrain mountains, hilly should feature at least a hill...

Just switch to terrain/weather map mode and you get what you need in less then a second. No need for devs to change this really but I agree that the size of the victory point pics should be made smaller so if Radu can be persuaded into changing this the better. Hmm, I'll ask Titan79 if he can do this.

I think it's functional as is. Making it smaller would maybe be a bit to much but let's hear what Hagar has to say about it when he logs on the forum again.

Personally I'd go for a slightly larger one, with the victory points centered. But it's a massive improvement from the Vanilla one, I'd say.

As far as my taste runs:
* Victory points centered
* Maybe a stronger outline for the star, it looks a bit "thin" at the moment.
Otherwise, definitely better than Vanilla, I agree.

Green for cities? I hope you're kidding...:confused:

Tokyo is not marked as an urban area but as plains so we are not kidding :) To see a broader picture of Titan's terrain colors I took the liberty to upload this pic for you:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you see urban provinces have blueish color, plains are light green, marshes are dark green, forests are normal green, hills are brown, mountains are grey and deserts are yellow (not on the picture).
All in all much more easier to distinguish terrain types then vanilla.

As for the victory point comments - good ones, I haven't even spotted that number is not centred in the middle!

Here you go - jungles, marshes and normal forest:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As I said there are as many art (color) preferences as there are people so I can only say that I subjectively disagree with your "shades of green" comment - they are much more easy to read then vanilla, make much more sense and the so called shades of green are really different from each other so in my eyes your comment is based on shaky grounds. But anyway, to each his own.

Well tastes...:) I for one don't like too flashy colors, they look unnatural and divert attention. Vanilla is great because the basic terrain - plains - has a neutral color fitting with what they really stand for. All other terrains also have rather faded, bleak colors that don't stand out too much. Maybe some people think the map feels to sad and want to add more colors but that's not really my thing.

Personally I'd go for a slightly larger one, with the victory points centered. But it's a massive improvement from the Vanilla one, I'd say.

As far as my taste runs:
* Victory points centered
* Maybe a stronger outline for the star, it looks a bit "thin" at the moment.
Otherwise, definitely better than Vanilla, I agree.

As for the victory point comments - good ones, I haven't even spotted that number is not centred in the middle!
Thank you all for the appreciation! I'll try to improve it as suggested in the next days.