"Too fancy for fireballs?" help requested

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(260780)

Corporal
Feb 1, 2011
Hi,

I've had this last achievement "Too fancy for fireballs?" for more than a week now since after i tried to only cast magics trough whole chapter 2 and 7 wich i accually did but didn't get rewarded the achievement.

People say this achievement is suppose to be done at Chapter 7 only doing Teleport.
I've tried that but to begin with is it just me or is that impossible since you can't get away from the tower without using Haste because when you teleport from the startpoint you get to the little island just below and from there you cant escape.

I would be thankful for any tip i could get regarding this Achievement since it's my last achievement and would be nice to have 100% done

See you around, Dttzi

Hi,

I've had this last achievement "Too fancy for fireballs?" for more than a week now since after i tried to only cast magics trough whole chapter 2 and 7 wich i accually did but didn't get rewarded the achievement.

People say this achievement is suppose to be done at Chapter 7 only doing Teleport.
I've tried that but to begin with is it just me or is that impossible since you can't get away from the tower without using Haste because when you teleport from the startpoint you get to the little island just below and from there you cant escape.

I would be thankful for any tip i could get regarding this Achievement since it's my last achievement and would be nice to have 100% done

See you around, Dttzi

First, if you do this on multiplayer, you have to be the host.

Next, Me and a friend did this just fine on chapter 2 and 3 mostly using revive, lightning bolt and vortex.

Next up, Haste is a magicka, so you ARE allowed to use it...though you shouldn't need it. I'm not sure where you're getting stuck on an island, I just walk over to where the teleport book is and teleport down. From there you can walk up ( just remember at the small bridge to teleport across ). The point of doing it on chapter 7, is teleport is the only thing needed at all...and only twice, as the entire rest of the chapter is just walking up to get to the cave. You are ok to use any of the spells cast with spacebar btw....just be very careful you don't fall for using something else ( like self shield or healing yourself! )

Well if you dont walk and start teleporting right away you get stuck, since i didnt get the achievement at first i thougth like i wouldn't be able to walk at all or something but thanks for the tips i'll try it out

*i think the problem was that it wasn't a online game*

but i'll try it out and see what happens.

Well if you dont walk and start teleporting right away you get stuck, since i didnt get the achievement at first i thougth like i wouldn't be able to walk at all or something but thanks for the tips i'll try it out

but i'll try it out and see what happens.

Remember that you can't use ANYTHING except magick. Not even shield yourself

I didn't get it in a multiplayer game. I was online, but it was singleplayer. (And all I did was teleport)

and you haste to the end of the point?

I think you might be misunderstanding the point of the achievement. It is to NOT cast any non-magicka spell. To get to the end of the bridge...you walk to the end of the bridge. You can walk around, swing your sword, etc....you just can NOT cast a non-magicka spell.

Now, I haven't done this lately, so it is possible they stealth nerfed this and you can't get it in chapter 7 any more ( to force you to fight for the achievement. ), but I don't know for sure.