• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ch0pper

Sergeant
18 Badges
Sep 15, 2010
  • King Arthur II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour
Just noticed this showed up on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-kings-crusade-arabian-nights

Apparently an expansion for the original game. First time hearing about it. Any other info available?

Oh, oh and btw why was "Lionheart" dropped from the name?

EDIT: Also found this
Real Time Strategy/RPG - Developed by Neocore Games, Arabian Nights is an expansion for its relatively successful 'Kings' Crusade' released in October 2010.

The expansion places players between the years of 1189-1192, calling upon warriors to enter the heart of the battle in one of the most vicious wars of all time. Play as either Richard the Lionheart, the great English king and legendary warrior, set to invade and take back the treasured Holy Land once and for all, or as the first Sultan of Egypt and Syria, the chivalrous Saladin who defends Jerusalem, patiently waiting and preparing his people for the oncoming invasion.

The Kings’ Crusade invites players to rewrite history through controlling and upgrading leaders and their armies, guiding various historical factions through political events, collecting relics, and unlocking new content in a feature-rich campaign set to take on the strategy genre by force.

From: http://nothingbutpcgaming.com/upcoming-pc-games/upcoming-pc-games/kings-crusade-arabian-nights
and apparently with a release date of Feb 8. Instead we've got the crash-fixing patch on Feb 8. I see deadlines ahead :)

deleted

Last edited:
Crusader Kings 2 is not our game - it's a game of the internal development team of Paradox Interactive a sequel to the first Crusader Kings game.

Our game is called "The Kings' Crusade" :) I know it's a bit confusing - when we announced The Kings' Crusade everybody thought it's CK2, now that Paradox announced CK2 indeed, people start to think it's our game :)

Tricky one.

EDIT: OK, it's not fair that you delete the post I'm just answering. Shall I delete our posts then?

Hehe, You're right and I got tricked. I thought it was your game. Deleted my initial comments too :)
Thanks for the quick replies though. Cheers!

EDIT: Fair enough. You can delete these later posts. It was just a misunderstanding. A funny one though because we're ninja-posting each other

The Arabian Nights DLC is coming for sure, it was just slow goings testing it on our end. Sorry to leave you guys hanging with no update.

We are now happy with it and are looking for a good release window, Paradox has a lot of stuff coming out and we need to time it all. I will avoid the word "soon", instead saying you will hear from us when a release date is set.

/M

Last edited: