• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Neocore_Kate

Major
11 Badges
Dec 2, 2009
www.neocoregames.com
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
The Kings' Crusade Update Released on Steam

Updates to The Kings' Crusade have been released on Steam. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Stability issues are solved
• Balancing and difficulty updates
• Faith related Relics optimized
• Cavalry momentum under high game speed fixed
• Behavior of shocked AI units upgraded
• Crusader campaign, Bagdad mission restart bug fixed
• Skill issues after unit upgrade fixed
• Unit parameter info bug fixed
• Bugs at active hero skills fixed

Thanks for the patch. It works for me now. No more battle-end crashes.

It still crashes after the first mission in the crusader campaign. I tried to use the cheat WinBattle but it won't work. The patch you send me in November last year works but then I can't play the DLC.

Isn't there a way to start with second level? Because I played the first one a lot.

DGP

If you already sent me a DxDiag please let me know your name or email - if you haven't, please do it then - you can send PM or email if you prefer.

In the meantime I'll keep asking around if anyone knows a solution for starting with the second mission.

Btw. what do you mean by the Win Battle doesn't work? Does it crash or the cheat is not working for some reason - because in this case let me know exactly what you type into the cheat console.

Patch doesnt work

I have steam version also Steam applied automatically but problem still continue End of the first level on the saracens campaign suddenly crashing and give same error message Microsoft visual c++ runtime error. You know I am realy unhappy also tired play this game. See attached my pc diagnosting result.

I have little hope maybe you will success

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39,8 KB · Views: 414
The game crashes every time when I finished a level. The only solution is to use the WinBattle cheat. So I don't get what the problem is. When I'm playing the correct way it crashes after I clicked on OK to get to the map but when I use the Winbattle cheat I get to the map.

Last edited:
I was fooled by the European dating system thinking the the OP was made on September 2, 2011 and there was a new patch to coincide with the new DLC. So I bought the game and after the first battle...presto...C++ Runtime error. Went back to the OP and the date of the post was really February 9, 2011. I will never understand dd/mm/yyyy. In NA we use mm/dd/yyyy. In this case it got them a sale. I have all the DLC and will never get to use them, so congrats Neocore. Please fix your game.

One issue for the next patch if there will be one:

If the army roster is full then no additional units are added.
e.g. in my game I had an event in which I would gain a unit of templars if I chose the Templars side.
I did so - but as my army roster was full no unit was added. When I reloaded and moved 1 of my units to the "resting" roster - and so had 1 free place in the army roster - and then did chose the same choice with the templars I actually received the unit of Templars.

So either events that grant units should warn that those units are only gained if you have a free place for them
or those units should, if the army roster is full, should be moved to the resting roster if there is still place free.

I just got the game and have the same bug as everyone in here seems to have (game crashes after victory screen of first mission, before autosave). Was there a fix?

Not everyone has that bug. Have you made sure that your game is updated with the latest patch?

I got version 1.03 and it crashed 4 out of 5 times on first map victory. And now all the time on the second map victory in the Crusaders campaign. This is getting old fast ... :p

It's the same C++ Runtime error everyone's getting.

/Edit; I have Steam version (is there another version?)

Not everyone has that bug. Have you made sure that your game is updated with the latest patch?
Oops, didn't notice someone replied.

Subscribed with email notification now, so that shouldn't happen again.

Anyways, the game is v1.03 (that's what it says in the lower right corner when I start), steam thinks that's the newest version. My other paradox titles work fine as well.

Last edited:
Oops, didn't notice someone replied.
Subscribed with email notification now, so that shouldn't happen again.
Anyways, the game is v1.03 (that's what it says in the lower right corner when I start), steam thinks that's the newest version. My other paradox titles work fine as well.

Not all Paradox titles are programmed the same way or by the same programmers - so having one of their games run is no guarantee that all others do too.
What operating system are you using?
Do you have any conflicts listed when running dxdiag?
Did you make sure to have no other programs running in the background? (e.g. if you have the game from Steam just have Steam running and King´s Crusade and nothing else). Have you tried to run the game with steam in "offline" mode and no internet connection?