Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #21 - Mobilization system

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great!

I hope most of the manpower you gain now comes from these drafts and are just like in reality a one-time thing. If you throw away your entire drafted population then though luck, you need to wait an entire generation (if even that is enough) before your population has recovered!

This should help immensely to represent the longer peace time eras we can play in the game.

I have a question however, how are long term population effected? Surley the population data from 1914 is not the same as 1936? And what if you as France don't lose so many soldiers on the field in WW1? Will this have an effect on how many soldiers you can draft for WW2?

My question is this, will losing 1000manpower to combat (1million men) mean that 1 mp is reduced permanently from the map?

Otherwise it will be possible to recover fully from WW1 in a few months and just be demobilizing -> mobilizing again to fight WW2 in 1920 with millions off fresh soldiers that shouldn't exist.

I'm pretty sure that DH will not simulate this. It's not meant to be played as a generation-spanning strategy game in the vein of EU3 or Victoria 2, where economic and demographic long-term effects are properly simulated. It's a war game and its focus is on the runup, the actual fighting and maybe also the conclusion of the war. :) It didn't even sound as if they included demobilization at all... I think when you have won the war, you're supposed to regard this as the end of the scenario, and not expect much to follow.

I'm pretty sure that DH will not simulate this. It's not meant to be played as a generation-spanning strategy game in the vein of EU3 or Victoria 2, where economic and demographic long-term effects are properly simulated. It's a war game and its focus is on the runup, the actual fighting and maybe also the conclusion of the war. :) It didn't even sound as if they included demobilization at all... I think when you have won the war, you're supposed to regard this as the end of the scenario, and not expect much to follow.
That is indeed my concern. I don't want infinite war until you conquer the world. I want a more realistic scenario with inbetween peaces and chances to consolidate the gains!

Imho world conquest in a single war should be impossible due to partisans among other things.

Look at all the great empires in History, how many were created in a single wars? Roman Empire? No. The British Empire? No. The list is very long.

World Conquest is nonsense in the first place. Even the most powerful empires in the history didn't control all their territories directly and they never had the whole world under their control.

World Conquest is nonsense in the first place. Even the most powerful empires in the history didn't control all their territories directly and they never had the whole world under their control.
Then the same should be true in the game, don't you think? If not anything else it should give the ones seeking challenge a real match!

I love this system, but i truly hope you with time will introduce a similar mobilization system to industrial capacity (IC). Just doesn't make sense as it is now.

well i dont see any effect of mobilization. i couldn't get it but if you are a fully mobilized country what does that mean.its not Vikki 2 where units make themselves when you click mobilization. will there be something like Vikki's 2 division cap. ex 100/150 means you can have 50 more divs and as your mobilization level goes up cap will rise too ??????

well i dont see any effect of mobilization. i couldn't get it but if you are a fully mobilized country what does that mean.its not Vikki 2 where units make themselves when you click mobilization. will there be something like Vikki's 2 division cap. ex 100/150 means you can have 50 more divs and as your mobilization level goes up cap will rise too ??????

anyone answer this please