+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #21 - Mobilization system

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_brunius View Post
    Great!

I hope most of the manpower you gain now comes from these drafts and are just like in reality a one-time thing. If you throw away your entire drafted population then though luck, you need to wait an entire generation (if even that is enough) before your population has recovered!

This should help immensely to represent the longer peace time eras we can play in the game.

I have a question however, how are long term population effected? Surley the population data from 1914 is not the same as 1936? And what if you as France don't lose so many soldiers on the field in WW1? Will this have an effect on how many soldiers you can draft for WW2?

My question is this, will losing 1000manpower to combat (1million men) mean that 1 mp is reduced permanently from the map?

Otherwise it will be possible to recover fully from WW1 in a few months and just be demobilizing -> mobilizing again to fight WW2 in 1920 with millions off fresh soldiers that shouldn't exist.
    I'm pretty sure that DH will not simulate this. It's not meant to be played as a generation-spanning strategy game in the vein of EU3 or Victoria 2, where economic and demographic long-term effects are properly simulated. It's a war game and its focus is on the runup, the actual fighting and maybe also the conclusion of the war. It didn't even sound as if they included demobilization at all... I think when you have won the war, you're supposed to regard this as the end of the scenario, and not expect much to follow.

I think when you have won the war, you're supposed to regard this as the end of the scenario, and not expect much to follow.
    Which would be quite bad, IMO. Another reason for proper victory conditions and victory screen

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I hope definable victory conditions, like in Semper Fi, will be considered and developed in upcoming patches.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that DH will not simulate this. It's not meant to be played as a generation-spanning strategy game in the vein of EU3 or Victoria 2, where economic and demographic long-term effects are properly simulated. It's a war game and its focus is on the runup, the actual fighting and maybe also the conclusion of the war. It didn't even sound as if they included demobilization at all... I think when you have won the war, you're supposed to regard this as the end of the scenario, and not expect much to follow.
    That is indeed my concern. I don't want infinite war until you conquer the world. I want a more realistic scenario with inbetween peaces and chances to consolidate the gains!

Imho world conquest in a single war should be impossible due to partisans among other things.

Look at all the great empires in History, how many were created in a single wars? Roman Empire? No. The British Empire? No. The list is very long.
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

World Conquest is nonsense in the first place. Even the most powerful empires in the history didn't control all their territories directly and they never had the whole world under their control.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    World Conquest is nonsense in the first place. Even the most powerful empires in the history didn't control all their territories directly and they never had the whole world under their control.
    Then the same should be true in the game, don't you think? If not anything else it should give the ones seeking challenge a real match!
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

I agree. Even when playing the USA or USSR it should be damn, damn hard and dependant on unreliable puppet states.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

I love this system, but i truly hope you with time will introduce a similar mobilization system to industrial capacity (IC). Just doesn't make sense as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    I love this system, but i truly hope you with time will introduce a similar mobilization system to industrial capacity (IC). Just doesn't make sense as it is now.
    AFAIK mobilisation "sliders" affect your economy...

Darkest Hour Developer MartinBG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    AFAIK mobilisation "sliders" affect your economy...
    Yes, they do.

well i dont see any effect of mobilization. i couldn't get it but if you are a fully mobilized country what does that mean.its not Vikki 2 where units make themselves when you click mobilization. will there be something like Vikki's 2 division cap. ex 100/150 means you can have 50 more divs and as your mobilization level goes up cap will rise too ??????

I really hope the mobilization system is nothing like Victoria, because it was terrible.
    "Hmm... a Tsar, raised by the will of the people? Sounds legit." -- KotoR45

Need ministers for a mod project or just because?

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite View Post
    I really hope the mobilization system is nothing like Victoria, because it was terrible.
    the Mobilization System works totally different than the Victoria System and a lot of research/balance was done for this feature

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    the Mobilization System works totally different than the Victoria System and a lot of research/balance was done for this feature
    Very, very good to hear
    "Hmm... a Tsar, raised by the will of the people? Sounds legit." -- KotoR45

Need ministers for a mod project or just because?

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallEdin View Post
    well i dont see any effect of mobilization. i couldn't get it but if you are a fully mobilized country what does that mean.its not Vikki 2 where units make themselves when you click mobilization. will there be something like Vikki's 2 division cap. ex 100/150 means you can have 50 more divs and as your mobilization level goes up cap will rise too ??????
    anyone answer this please

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallEdin View Post
    anyone answer this please
    Did you read the Dev Diary? The Mobilization System in DH affects your Manpower Stockpile and MP Growth. There isnīt any Division Cap like in Victoria 2

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Circle View Post
    Did you read the Dev Diary? The Mobilization System in DH affects your Manpower Stockpile and MP Growth. There isnīt any Division Cap like in Victoria 2
    i've read DD but obviously i couldn't understand it, thanks on informing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4