+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steppe horde mod for Divine Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    Can't use Manchu banners, because they *weren't* based on tribal boundaries.

As for sea zones, how much should I give 'em - just the immediately adjacent ones, or let them circumnavigate Korea?
    Manchu start the game with navies in Haixi port. Giving only adjacent vision will block them from using their navies. So you will have to give visions around Korea, perhaps even with Yangtze sea because Yangtze sea technically includes a Korean territory Jeju.

Thank you for a quick reply!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Okay, added. Version 0.21 up with room for a Manchu fleet to function.

Thanks! Now I can enjoy playing the horde!

This is my favorite mod, I use it all the time, fix like everything that is bad in DW.
    THANKS!

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm 20 years in a game as Brittany, and I am observing the horde without interaction. The borders look much more natural currently than they would before. I really like what I've seen so far.

Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

It's not necromancy if it's your own thread and you've added content, right?

I think the horde system might be workable after all, and I added a lot of history and such too. Check the changelog for the full rundown. Old version still up for those interested.

Cool downlading new version, can I use this in my mod as well?
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    Cool downlading new version, can I use this in my mod as well?
    Sure. Same goes for anyone else who wants to either poach files or just incorporate the whole thing.

Found a CTD regarding decisions - Manchu was trying to form Manchu - and noticed errors in the other decisions as well. Should be fixed now, new version up with fixes.

Looks fun. I always want to play a Horde for fun in Vanilla but it's way too obvious the steppe nomad system there is designed for the AI over players. Will give this a shot for sure.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

how do install this?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by n000b View Post
    how do install this?
    Same as any other, extract the contents to your mod\ directory and select it from the drop-down list in the launcher.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

It doesnt show up in the launcher when i do that.

It doesnt show up in the launcher when i do that.
    Then look at what you extracted, and make sure you have the "Steppe mod 2" & "Steppe mod 2.mod" files in the mod\ directory. You my have them inside another directory, like mod\Steppemod 2\Steppe mod 2.mod. It depends how you extracted them, either to a new "Steppemod 2" directory, or just loose from the archive.
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

i did that correctly, could it be becouse the steppe mod file is shown as a mpeg file

i did that correctly, could it be becouse the steppe mod file is shown as a mpeg file
    It is not an mpeg file. Your Windoze installation has its file associations set to think a .mod file is some kind of media file. It isn't, in this (and most) cases, it's a simple text file. Providing you have the .mod and the directory of the same name, directly in your mod\ directory, it will appear in the drop-down list from the launcher. Else you've botched something along the way somehow.

Tried renaming the file to .exe, it didnt work, apperently i needed "admin permission", and now i cant even delete or move the damn file. So wierd :S

Tried renaming the file to .exe, it didnt work, apperently i needed "admin permission", and now i cant even delete or move the damn file. So wierd :S
    Huh? Do not rename the file extensions... OK I'm done. birdoy2000 should be along to help some time, good luck.

the thing is, i couldnt even rename the file. the file was being a stubborn little bastard file already when i extracted it to the directory.

Bug report; the decision "revive_the_mongol_empire" can be fired constantly once you meet the requirements.
    I personally fixed it by adding "NOT = { capital = 720 }" to the potential{ , I figure the important part about the decision is the location of the capital

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast