+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Steppe horde mod for Divine Wind.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danarca View Post
    Bug report; the decision "revive_the_mongol_empire" can be fired constantly once you meet the requirements.
    I personally fixed it by adding "NOT = { capital = 720 }" to the potential{ , I figure the important part about the decision is the location of the capital
    Good call on finding the loophole, but wouldn't your solution allow one to reenact the decision after moving their capital?

I will fix it in OSC by setting a country flag "mongol_empire_revived" (or whatever) in the effect, and have the potential clause check for the flag.

Thanks for noting this, it had slipped by in OSC for quite a while without anyone catching it.

Cheers!
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

I haven't worked much with country flags yet, sadly, so I didn't know how to make them.
    But yes, yours would be the optimal solution

I haven't worked much with country flags yet, sadly, so I didn't know how to make them.
    But yes, yours would be the optimal solution
    You can just say set_country_flag = purple_monkey_dishwasher in the effect, then add NOT = { has_country_flag = purple_monkey_dishwasher } to the potential clause.

That's it, that's all, easy peasy Japanesey! The hard part is finding the places they were missed, but needed, as you have done...
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

You don't have to define the flag somewhere, like a modifier?

You don't have to define the flag somewhere, like a modifier?
    Nope, just name it whatever and it will be set, then check for same and the value (set/clear) will be returned. I thought they were more difficult to use also, but really they couldn't be easier! Cheers

Download link broken. Sadness too late I know this.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Are the Jurchens still steppe nomads? Giving them that status, especially after splitting them up, seems like it'll make a Ming Manchuria inevitable in every game. Historically, they also built up an impressive, relatively centralized and modernized state before their conquest of China. Unless you add in a series of events/decisions for them, the best way to represent their distinction from the rest of the Altaic group may be making them tribal states rather than hordes.

AFAIK, this would also more accurately represent their nature throughout the timeline, as although they certainly made the Chinese and Koreans wary, I don't think they were in constant states of war or tribute with them either. Of course, there's a very good chance I'm wrong here, as I'm too lazy to perform even a rudimentary check on Wikipedia.

And on the subject of the Altaic group, the changelog in the OP seems to suggest that the Jurchens were linguistically unrelated. However, Jurchen/Manchu is part of the Tungusic family, which, along with Turkic and Mongolic, forms the core of every version of the Altaic hypothesis.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The download link in the first post isn't working anymore
    My mods:
    Oriental Mod for EU3 - For an EU3 experience with a more realistic Asia (and many other things as well).

Minimal India Improvement Mod for EU3 - A mod that just focuses on improving the Indian map in EU3 without increasing the number of provinces.

Hi I'm new to the forum and would like to know how to install fashion'm completely green in this topic Most addi PLEASE HELP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3