• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

UrizielGothique

Corporal
41 Badges
Oct 30, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hey there,

I... made a FUNNY experience.
It's multiplayer, I'm Teutonic Order, my friend is Muscowy, formed Russia.
First I finally got to form Germany in 1508. Teutonic Order is Theocracy. Funny enough that Germany was ruled by a crusade order in 1508 (we know, first "Germany" ever was Prussia in 1872!!)!!
But okay, it was good, especially due to Reformation.

Then it "happened".
I got a cb against Vatican, which I definitely used.... Annexion.
You know, when Vatican is annexed, another country becomes Vatican - In this case it was Utrecht (LOL) !
But so what, finally I got a cb again and annexed it.

Then it was all quiet, no pope in independent state.
When I was in war with Castille the offer came to give Rome to the pope to form Vatican again.

No. F*** stability (sry for language.)

After a time, maybe one year or so, there came the news that >>I<< should become the Vatican. So me as whole nation.

Before I tell you what I decided I want to say, I was excommunicated before, although(!) I got with the time EVERY cardinal under my control - so the whole curia.
Well, if you know by the way how to end excommunication on yourself BY yourself, tell me please...

The only option in becoming Vatican (or not) was "Indeed?"
By clicking you BECAME VATICAN and some prestige etc.
Okay, no way, I turned to Vatican.

FROM A THEOCRATIC GERMANY TO VATICAN - could be the title of a book :rofl:
(You know I was still in war with Castille)

After the peacetreatments I found out, that I still owned cores in the required German provinces - you know what follows:
I decided to turn to Germany AGAIN!!!

(at that time Bavaria (Munich) was the only core I did not yet conquer.)

Well, you all know, Bavaria is kingdom when independent. Catholic, so, to gain cb against I excommunicated them.

And while I became Germany again, I looked at my form of government: PAPACY !!!
What do you think, who sacrificed his country for Vatican?
BAVARIA!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) TWO POPES
2.) BAVARIAN POPE IS EXCOMMUNICATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, FINALLY ma question - how can I become Theocracy again?:)

That's pretty great. I always love it when a weird country becomes the pope. In my last game it was england... But the only way I know of to get out of Papacy is to form a country that forces a change in government such as Persia which changes to Theocracy and TO->Prussia changes to a monarchy IIRC. Not sure about others.

You're going to have to keep a Catholic theocracy alive, switch to monarchy, then switch back to theocracy.
I think.

Can't change governments from a Papacy.
Probably need to form Persia or Mughals to change government. Revolutionary or religious rebels might also work; not sure how to encourage them to spawn though.

That's a hilarious story :)
I want to see in a game the Pope in the new world, preferably one of the tribal tech countries. Definitely seen Incas as Papal controller in a game I played a while back. If the non-Catholic Christianities dominate Europe, sometimes the natives are the only ones who care about the Pope anymore.

Note if you hadn't formed Germany you would not have become the Papal States; Teutonic Order is exempt from the event.

A question out of curiosity: I noticed Uriziel keeps calling Papal State "Vatican", i was always under the impression that Vatican is the name of modern state of affairs. Did they call Papal State "Vatican" back in those days too? (i wanna write some events.)

If you can, post a picture of this.

A question out of curiosity: I noticed Uriziel keeps calling Papal State "Vatican", i was always under the impression that Vatican is the name of modern state of affairs. Did they call Papal State "Vatican" back in those days too? (i wanna write some events.)

The Pope generally didn't rule from the Vatican until the unification of Italy, so Papal States is a more historical term.

The Pope generally didn't rule from the Vatican until the unification of Italy, so Papal States is a more historical term.

Yes, that is right. The name "Vatican city" I think is older, in my German version of the game the term "Vatican" is used for Papal State, so I adapted.
I made a picture of the Bavarian excommunicated pope, whereas my form of state is only visible through the adress formulated during a revolt event :)
If you tell me where to upload this screen I'm definitely looking forward to showing you !!!

edit: I found a way :)
http://img200.imageshack.us/i/eu3game2011020619463506.png/

Last edited: