+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theocracy = germany = papacy ?!?!?!?!?!

Theocracy = germany = papacy ?!?!?!?!?!

Hey there,

I... made a FUNNY experience.
    It's multiplayer, I'm Teutonic Order, my friend is Muscowy, formed Russia.
    First I finally got to form Germany in 1508. Teutonic Order is Theocracy. Funny enough that Germany was ruled by a crusade order in 1508 (we know, first "Germany" ever was Prussia in 1872!!)!!
    But okay, it was good, especially due to Reformation.

Then it "happened".
    I got a cb against Vatican, which I definitely used.... Annexion.
    You know, when Vatican is annexed, another country becomes Vatican - In this case it was Utrecht (LOL) !
    But so what, finally I got a cb again and annexed it.

Then it was all quiet, no pope in independent state.
    When I was in war with Castille the offer came to give Rome to the pope to form Vatican again.

No. F*** stability (sry for language.)

After a time, maybe one year or so, there came the news that >>I<< should become the Vatican. So me as whole nation.

Before I tell you what I decided I want to say, I was excommunicated before, although(!) I got with the time EVERY cardinal under my control - so the whole curia.
    Well, if you know by the way how to end excommunication on yourself BY yourself, tell me please...

The only option in becoming Vatican (or not) was "Indeed?"
    By clicking you BECAME VATICAN and some prestige etc.
    Okay, no way, I turned to Vatican.

FROM A THEOCRATIC GERMANY TO VATICAN - could be the title of a book
    (You know I was still in war with Castille)

After the peacetreatments I found out, that I still owned cores in the required German provinces - you know what follows:
    I decided to turn to Germany AGAIN!!!

(at that time Bavaria (Munich) was the only core I did not yet conquer.)

Well, you all know, Bavaria is kingdom when independent. Catholic, so, to gain cb against I excommunicated them.

And while I became Germany again, I looked at my form of government: PAPACY !!!
    What do you think, who sacrificed his country for Vatican?
    BAVARIA!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) TWO POPES
    2.) BAVARIAN POPE IS EXCOMMUNICATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, FINALLY ma question - how can I become Theocracy again?

That's pretty great. I always love it when a weird country becomes the pope. In my last game it was england... But the only way I know of to get out of Papacy is to form a country that forces a change in government such as Persia which changes to Theocracy and TO->Prussia changes to a monarchy IIRC. Not sure about others.

damn. How to form Prussia as Germany? and I do not want monarchy...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You're going to have to keep a Catholic theocracy alive, switch to monarchy, then switch back to theocracy.
    I think.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    -George Orwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Can't change governments from a Papacy.
    Probably need to form Persia or Mughals to change government. Revolutionary or religious rebels might also work; not sure how to encourage them to spawn though.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That's a hilarious story
    I want to see in a game the Pope in the new world, preferably one of the tribal tech countries. Definitely seen Incas as Papal controller in a game I played a while back. If the non-Catholic Christianities dominate Europe, sometimes the natives are the only ones who care about the Pope anymore.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Note if you hadn't formed Germany you would not have become the Papal States; Teutonic Order is exempt from the event.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A question out of curiosity: I noticed Uriziel keeps calling Papal State "Vatican", i was always under the impression that Vatican is the name of modern state of affairs. Did they call Papal State "Vatican" back in those days too? (i wanna write some events.)

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

If you can, post a picture of this.
    Bradford I the Mayor, by Grace of God: sovereign of Jefferson City, Emperor of Missouri, Defender of the Faith, Doctor of Laws, Clan chief of the Nomads and Vaquero Supreme of the Plains.

Before the invention of rope, "soap on a rope" was called "soap on a stick". Before the invention of soap, it was called "stick on a rope".

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    A question out of curiosity: I noticed Uriziel keeps calling Papal State "Vatican", i was always under the impression that Vatican is the name of modern state of affairs. Did they call Papal State "Vatican" back in those days too? (i wanna write some events.)
    The Pope generally didn't rule from the Vatican until the unification of Italy, so Papal States is a more historical term.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazerus View Post
    The Pope generally didn't rule from the Vatican until the unification of Italy, so Papal States is a more historical term.
    Yes, that is right. The name "Vatican city" I think is older, in my German version of the game the term "Vatican" is used for Papal State, so I adapted.
    I made a picture of the Bavarian excommunicated pope, whereas my form of state is only visible through the adress formulated during a revolt event
    If you tell me where to upload this screen I'm definitely looking forward to showing you !!!

edit: I found a way
    http://img200.imageshack.us/i/eu3gam...619463506.png/
    Last edited by UrizielGothique; 07-02-2011 at 16:05.

+ Reply to Thread