+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria II map based EU3

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Victoria II map based EU3

I'm trying to implement Victoria II map into EU3. A friend integrated the map, and I'm now adding province datas'. It looks good and I believe with this map, the game will be more interesting and competitive. Looks like small countries like 1 or 2 provinced will be very hard to conquer now, and I believe this will make the game more interesting. Here is some screenshots:

I need some some assistanst because most of provinces are new and dont have their history files, and this slows down my work speed. A few assistant would be very helpful. Anyone wanna help, get in contact with me please.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Very nice.

I think you might have more luck finding help in the mod forum, though.

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Moved to Mod Forum.

Annibal: you need to register your game to post in the sub-forum.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If the game work with that many provinces, it's interesting. But provinces shapes and name should be adapted to the 1399—1820 era (with priority to 1453—1789 in case of conflicts). Provinces should represent historical borders but also strategic locations of certain owned lands.

(But I could understand that it's not the intend of the project)
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Well, provinces in Poland and Lithuania will need to be changed, because map from V2 don't fit historical borders of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth at all . Escpecially in Prussia.

looks fantastic! My country(Korea) has 7 provinces only, but I always wanted to play civil-wars like Japan. Not much civil war was possible because when I played with 7 different nations in Korean peninsula, they just get annexed after each single war. I believe victoria has 19 Korean provinces. Good Luck on these work! Hopefully you could get a lot of hypes/ helps too.

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is awesome kinda what i always wanted to do myself, but it seemed so huge that i never actually tried XD

Cant wait to play!!!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

With so many provinces added, keep in mind the game balance issues. You'll probably want to reduce the badboy gain per province and cut forcelimits/raise army costs when you're done.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    With so many provinces added, keep in mind the game balance issues. You'll probably want to reduce the badboy gain per province and cut forcelimits/raise army costs when you're done.
    And increase magistrate gains.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    With so many provinces added, keep in mind the game balance issues.
    Aye. One of the most clear examples in the screens would be the Byzantines. They still have 2 cities, while Ottomans get 60+ more provinces? We who like playing 'em are so screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuril View Post
    Aye. One of the most clear examples in the screens would be the Byzantines. They still have 2 cities, while Ottomans get 60+ more provinces? We who like playing 'em are so screwed.
    Why? As long as they dont attack you, all you have to do is wait for them to fall apart, like AI countries do in 99.99% of my games. And when they do fall apart, you in hell of a game

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Why? As long as they dont attack you, all you have to do is wait for them to fall apart, like AI countries do in 99.99% of my games. And when they do fall apart, you in hell of a game
    I haven't seen the Ottomans fall apart as Byzantium. I always have to beat them to the breaking point on my own, possibly with some irregular temporary assistance from Timurids post-DW. My bread and butter is being capable of challenging them in Europe and in the Sea of Marmara. Giving them such a massive buff would definitely kill that window of possibility.

Also the keywords are "as long as". They have the ambition of ruling the great City and making her weaker by comparison certainly isn't helping to deter them, I'd imagine. Although he could be anti-Byzantium, given the Turkish flag, and actually be rooting for their swift annihilation.

Thats really interesting. In my game Ottomans do very well in first 100 years or so, and then they just decide to lose some stupid war and fall apart in 10 years. It happens no matter what i do and what kind of bonus i give them. I ended up giving them +1 morale, +20 discipline, didnt help at all lol Also one thing that pisses me off is the fact that they seem not willing at all to attack Dulkadir, Candahar and Karaman (sp?) or even Mamluks after that first initial war (i modded that war back in my game after removing hordes).

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Thats really interesting. In my game Ottomans do very well in first 100 years or so, and then they just decide to lose some stupid war and fall apart in 10 years. It happens no matter what i do and what kind of bonus i give them. I ended up giving them +1 morale, +20 discipline, didnt help at all lol Also one thing that pisses me off is the fact that they seem not willing at all to attack Dulkadir, Candahar and Karaman (sp?) or even Mamluks after that first initial war (i modded that war back in my game after removing hordes).
    Because, when Ottoman navy defeated by stronger enemy navy country splitted in to two areas. And Ottoman armies can't pass from one to another. This is the reason why Ottoman AI defeated easily even I begin games around 1500s.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Because, when Ottoman navy defeated by stronger enemy navy country splitted in to two areas. And Ottoman armies can't pass from one to another. This is the reason why Ottoman AI defeated easily even I begin games around 1500s.
    This is easy to fix. The sea at this point - the Dardanelles - is very narrow and ships would have little room to maneuver and would have an extremely hard time trying to block a crossing. In game you can simulate this by adding a land connection over the water that can't be blocked by editing adjacencies.csv and adding an entry like

149 317 normal 0 Edirne to Biga

This works fine with HTT I assume it will work for DW but have not tried.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    True, I planned this with my Devlet-i Ali Osman mod, but many Byzantine players opposed, than I cancelled my plan and gived naval force limit bonus to the Bosphorus sound toll to make Ottoman navy stronger (if it take Thrace).

Oh yeah i also switched the thing from being a sea-connected strait to land-to-land connection so navies cant interrupt movement (that always pissed me off, damn Castille ruins Ottomans every time). Everything about Ottoman AI i said was WITH this change made, so its definitely not the problem. As soon as Paradox reintroduced inland seas (or whatever theyre called, you know the change to map that gives gallys a bonus in certain areas and makes AI build them instead of big_ships) i also added a bonus the navy_forcelimit for whoever holds bospohorus (i changed requirements a bit) but the Ottoman AI still fails most of the time. Im yet to see them grow past 1500s.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Give the Ottoman AI blank decisions that require them to conquer the Anatolian Beyliks, and add the line "ai_importance = 500" to the bottom of the decision.
    پادشاه عالم پناه

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

wow i really like this, cant wait to buy DW and get thid mod when its done

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast