• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(210943)

Private
3 Badges
Jun 13, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Semper Fi
I've been a big advocate of the Neocore Games but they're starting to make me look bad. I love their games but EVERY one I"ve purchased has been released unfinished and or broken. I seem to be waiting to pay for their next new project to help fix the old broken one. I realize we are talking small independent co. blah, blah, blah, but if they wish to become a successful game manufacturer they need to produce a more reliable product.

I quite agree.

There is obviously something seriously buggy somewhere in their core game engine leading to the frequent crashes for some people with different operating systems and different graphics cards in both King Arthur and Lionheart (which uses the same base game engine), but which aren't consistent for any operating system or graphics card driver release. They are either doing something actually wrong or something that is on the boundary of the legal and hence not fully supported in our "honestly 100% compatible this time (hoho) world" though it ought to be. I feel sorry for them, for it is a pain in the arse to have such a showstopper bug haunting your development and tying up developer resources that could profitably be used dealing with the issues that all the players, who don't suffer the showstopper, are suffering from.

I am damn sure that they are doing everything they can afford to deal with the technical problems their games suffer and that the fact they haven't resolved their problems after several years has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of will but everything to do with a lack of resources to devote to the problem while staying alive as a company. Like everybody else, they have to be constantly developing their next game.

Last edited:
Although there is some truth in what you said, we still found the time to take care of our players' problems.
King Arthur was patched quite a lot and yesterday an update was released (so far only on Steam) for The Kings' Crusade crashes as well.

Our community, YOU, are important for us - if we are silent for a while it does not mean that we don't care - we always care. It means that we're working hard to solve the issue.