(Follow www.twitter.com/magickagame for up to date info - remember that devs/publisher are in Sweden - Central European Time)
Are you playing the game on a laptop? Read this thread.
Patch delivered to steam! Waiting for them to push button.
Thank YOU for being patient with the game!
So the last patch squashed a lot of bugs and we're glad to report that we're getting fewer error reports and the reports we're getting are about a smaller number of problems.
So we're definitely getting where we want to go! BUT that doesn't mean we're done. We'll keep updating the game and improve it as we go along. We will also try to add additional features that you guys are requesting.
If you do post your error report please also include your system specs, otherwise we can't pinpoint the cause of the crash.
Also, there are so many of you posting now that we're having a hard time keeping up. Tweet us if you want to be sure that your message gets through.
Changelog for Patch #6 (126.96.36.199)- February 1st
Tonights patch is a bit smaller than usual, but we've spent a lot of time researching and debugging the issues.
- Fixed jittering caused by avatar move orders persisting on clients.
- Fixed issue where self shields would get desynced.
- Fixed so that elementals that weren’t initialized collided with beam spells.
- Fixed crash initializing a dialogue chain with a dead actor.
- Fixed crash due to navigation desync in chapter 2 secret area.
- Fixed “Too fancy for fireballs” achievement sometimes not being awarded.
- Fixed crash on Chapter 11 boss confuse ability.
- Fixed so that Chapter 12 boss does not start attacking before cutscene is done.
- Added Chapter 1 Text in intro.
- Network uplink bandwidth, while improved, can be demanding
- Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
- Quitting the game while the credits are rolling will not award a game complete.
- Mouse outside screen in full screen with multiple monitors will minimize the game.
- Crash resulting in leaving too many enemies alive in previous scenes (NonPlayerCharacterCache is empty)
Please follow these general steps and hopefully it'll help most of you.
Make sure you're on a computer that is at least on par with the minimum requirements- Magicka does not support Intel integrated graphic cards!
- Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 equivalent
- Direct X-compatible sound card
- DirectX® 9
- 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
- Internet connection for multiplayer
We've seen that a bunch of players are reporting that the game is running poorly on their netbooks/laptops. This is because netbooks/laptops don't have graphics cards that comply with the minimum requirements. This is the primary reason why their game is acting up. Magicka does not support integrated graphic cards, especially INTEL ones!
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Visit www.nvidia.com or www.amd.com.
Make sure your have the following installed (should have autoinstalled)
- XNA Framework - google it to find the correct version for your operating system.
- Microsoft .net framework 3.5 (dotNetFx35setup.exe) - (Link to Microsofts website)
We (devs and publisher) are still super committed to fix stuff that's broken and make sure you guys can have a great time with the game.
Additionally we've also have a bunch of improvements planned and will be patched in as soon as the major issues are out of the way! These are based directly off your input
Keep letting us know if there's anything else we can do!
Thanks again for playing and watch out for friendly fire!
/ Paradox & Arrowhead Team
Additional info can be found on:
The official Magicka Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?496-Magicka