• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Concerning your "radiate at will", be careful. What you are saying there is absolutely true for the cold-war era radar sets, but is no longer relevant for the modern phased-array sets, as far as I am aware. A really modern phased-array radar can be left on at all times and it won't even be detected by radar warning equipment. In fact, I believe that no radar warning device yet exists that can accurately detect and locate a state-of-the-art phased-array radar.

This is wrong ;)
EW sensors got no problems detecting an phased array.. a phased array is actually jamming the sensor totally due to continous waves and power.. in littoral warfare one gets reflections from everywhere and all other "rackets" is drowning.

The navigation rader is of a different matter tho. U'll need to have it fingerprinted to make a certain classification.

Ultima: Thanks for feedback. So what is true here, folks? If phased array radars are impossible (or very difficult) to detect by RW, it changes a lot of the dynamics of the game. Obviously people are working hard on figuring this out, so we can always invent a technological breakthrough by 2030, but I'd like to know.

Nimitz: No wonder I am confused. :)

I have some ideas for Backfire loadouts:
2x Kh-22
3x Kh-22
6x Kh-15
10x Kh-15
2x Kh-22 and 6x Kh-15

That's all very well, but, in Russia... Backfire loads you!

Last edited:
Ultima: Thanks for feedback. So what is true here, folks? If phased array radars are impossible (or very difficult) to detect by RW, it changes a lot of the dynamics of the game. Obviously people are working hard on figuring this out, so we can always invent a technological breakthrough by 2030, but I'd like to know.

Nimitz: No wonder I am confused. :)

I have done a complete operator course and technical course for RESM(Radar Electronic Support Measure).. dont have any experience tho, but the operator is my main contributor in building the RMP (realtime maritime picture)..

A RESM receiver for the 20-30GHz band would be suffering badly.

After JanH said that the AS-4 was in the game, I wasn't quite clear on this: Will the AS-16 Kickback (Kh-15) be in the game? Some say the AS-4 is still in service, some say it has been retired. I know that the Kickback is still in service, and I want there to be a Backfire-carried missile that is definitely still in service to be in the game. :) I have some ideas for AS-4/AS-16 loadouts in an above post. ;)

Hello Porcupine,

Thanks for your feedback.

I played Harpoon pretty excessively for many years, and it is the major inspiration for NWAC. The gameplay should be quite familiar for old Harpoon players, except we want the user interface to be more like a modern RTS.

NWAC is also multiplayer at its core, so it can't let the player freeze the action to interact with complex menus.

fantastic, i thought i was the only one that ever played harpoon

Thanks, Keltos. I guess it's too early to declare an UAV winner.

How many do you want? :) Normally, I guess there'd be an airfield or two and some other installations, but nothing prevents us from having loads of them.

however many land targets it takes to accomplish a certain mission, no? radar installations, ports, airfields, refineries, factories, barracks, c&c, government ministries...

The Tomahawk will be in the game, but it is not anti-ship capable. The anti-ship version was the TASM, but they were all converted to the land-attack version (TLAM) in the late '90s.

To put it simply, the face of modern warfare changed. After the Cold War, focus shifted from worldwide overseas and nuclear warfare (thus the TASM and TLAM-N) to localized inland conflicts. Thus, there was no need for a long range anti-ship missile. Or so they thought. Now they are developing a new long range anti-ship missile (LRASM) in case of a conflict with China.

Right. There will be no TASM in NWAC, because there isn't one in real life. We do, however, have the TLAM, which is expected to be a major weapon system. One side effect of its long range, though, is that it may take a couple of hours (game time) from launch until your missiles hit the target! Even with time compression, that is quite some wait.